[07/11/07] ** 6. update ** Change Artemis Splash, Animated GIF and WelcomeHead Image

Search This thread

jcaron

May 24, 2007
[10/18/08] ** 7. update ** Change Artemis Splash, Animated GIF and WelcomeHead Image

Hi,

just test and love it... It is a .NET Framework 3.5 application - you need the Microsoft runtimes.

Also do not forget the USPL flash...

** 1. update v0.2.1 ** : Now with save feature (nb format) for ROM cooks.
** 2. update v0.2.5 ** : Some bug fixes and small preview during update process...
** 3. update v0.3.0 ** : Changed to a nice look and feel. Just search the buttons...
** 4. update v0.3.1 ** : Added save as dialog box
** 5. update v0.4.0 ** : Now you can also change the welcomehead image (own button) - animation image will follow...
** 6. update v0.6.2 ** : Animated.gif can also be changed
** 7. update v0.7.1 ** : Updated RUU from version 3.0.3.1 to version 3.6.3.1

I hope it will support VISTA with the new RUU version - please test it for me. I do not have Vista. Thx.

jvc

Last edited:

clodia72

Jul 18, 2006
Venice
Comfortable, Really Comfortable!!!

foto17072007_090321.jpg

GREAT !!

magpie2000k

Apr 13, 2005
Absolutely Fab tool sooooo simple and yet so clever
does it wipe the device when updating or just like uspl reboot keeping everything

Last edited:

magpie2000k

Apr 13, 2005
Device Data

Just so you all know I took the plunge and used this. USPL first of course

It takes seconds to do and sure enough the image is changed.

No Data loss on my device so can be done over and over again.

Once again. ****DONT FORGET USPL****

But yes it works as stated.

I will say what you see in the image file before updating phone is what you get I had to crop image so that the picturs wasnt distorted.

ENJOY ALL

itarix

Jan 13, 2007
me like!

many thanks I've been looking for ages for such a tool. :p

I did found however a small bug not worth fixing.

I was using this tool in the same folder als my radio update nb file. and it flashed the radio insteed of the splash screen. :eek:

no harm done;) exept that I tought for a minute that it didn't work. :p

I'm using the black & blue 3.7 rom and after the splash screen it switches to a small (animated?!) htc logo.
Im wondering if that is part of the rom subsplash screen (flashable) or its part of windows mobile 6 splash screens. if it is part of the rom then It would be nice to be able to flash it to. otherwise keep it this way.

jcaron

May 24, 2007
many thanks I've been looking for ages for such a tool. :p

I did found however a small bug not worth fixing.

I was using this tool in the same folder als my radio update nb file. and it flashed the radio insteed of the splash screen. :eek:

no harm done;) exept that I tought for a minute that it didn't work. :p

I'm using the black & blue 3.7 rom and after the splash screen it switches to a small (animated?!) htc logo.
Im wondering if that is part of the rom subsplash screen (flashable) or its part of windows mobile 6 splash screens. if it is part of the rom then It would be nice to be able to flash it to. otherwise keep it this way.

The animation is based on the file animated.gif located in the windows folder - it is not the second splash. It is just an application from HTC or so.

The small bug - I do not know. The update program is from HTC. Maybe the tool decides on file names which file it will flash. Maybe I will test it...

jvc

LlamaV3

Dec 31, 2006
what are the dimensions of the image? 240x320? I sense an apple boot screen coming up

[edit] just put this together, anyone want to give it a go? I'm not near a syncable computer

Attachments

• apple.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:

magpie2000k

Apr 13, 2005
Is there a reason it has to be a bitmap it loads surely any image file should be ok. Then we could have animation in gifs etc

jcaron

May 24, 2007
Is there a reason it has to be a bitmap it loads surely any image file should be ok. Then we could have animation in gifs etc

You can load gif, bmp, jpg and so on with this tool. But I convert the picture into a single bmp. So no animation possible. Also I believe it is not possible for the first splash screen.
If you want you only can have an animated gif, when windows starts (animated.gif in windows folder - if the tool from HTC is installed).

jvc

LlamaV3

Dec 31, 2006
sorry if this is a dumb question, but which tool do you need to have the animated second splash screen?

jcaron

May 24, 2007
sorry if this is a dumb question, but which tool do you need to have the animated second splash screen?

So again and again... The animated screen (e.g. HTC Logo in b&b 3.7) is NOT the second splash screen. It is a boot gif from windows. It is based on a tool from HTC. You can find the gif in the windows folder (animated.gif). Just choose any paint pogram and creat your own animated gif (e.g. ULEAD GIF Animator) and replace the animated.gif with your own one...

Last edited: