Solved: Greek keyboard and contact manager

Search This thread

asklipios

Nov 23, 2008
i have installed both the contacts manager and the greek keyboard but i would like to uninstall both of them.how can i do that?i have the original 6.1

MarkoDiMarko

Mar 24, 2008
If everything went OK with the installation, you should be able to uninstall them easily using the "Remove Programs" menu, in "Settings - System".

e34137

Nov 20, 2008
Hello to everybody. First post from me in this great community.
First, I'm gonna start by telling you my initial problem. I've always been buying some second hand HTCs from ebay. I've already owned an XDA II, XDA IIi, Qtek S200 and recently a Qtek P3300, with various brand names. My problem was always, to have a greek keyboard that could handle 160 characters in SMSs and a greek contact manager that I could search easily scrolling the greek letters. Until now, I somehow was able to find a cracked or cooked greek ROM and use it without any problem. Until I bought the P3300. Most of you out there should know by now that there is an official A_C_E Hellas greek translation extROM which, if you load it in your "non Greek" P3300, it will lock it down. I've been trying to crack the protection which finally understood who it works (with the great help of andrew_sh, thanks a lot man, I changed my username if you still wonder who I am), but for some reason which I don't know, it doesn't work for the P3300. So, I finally gave up trying, for the only reason that I DIDN'T want to translate the ROM (English is more than good for me), just the 2 things I mentioned in the opening. So, I focused in these 2 and here comes the result.
There are 2 different cabs. The first is the original A_C_E Hellas greek keyboard, with registry tweaks that provides 160 greek characters support for SMSs, both for Windows mobile 5 and 6. It's been tested in 2 different HTC models and works like a charm. It SHOULD work for any Mobile 5 and 6 OFFICIAL ROM. The second cab, just translates the phone part to Greek, with the ease to scroll down Greek letters while searching for a contact. This too has been tested on 2 different OFFICIAL HTC ROMS and it does work. It should NOT work on cooked ROMS, so try it in your own responsibility. I know some alternatives have been posted by minotavr, by using resco keyboard pro with greek characters file and PocketCm Contact Manager, but it didn't satisfy me in any way.
So, I'm posting the cabs and I'm waiting for your tests and results. I'm emphasizing that they should be used with OFFICIAL WWE ROMS and with Regional settings set to Greek. I would prefer if we keep this tread in English, just for respect for this great community.
Forgive me for the huge post. Have fun.There are 2 different cabs. The first is the original A_C_E Hellas greek keyboard, with registry tweaks that provides 160 greek characters support for SMSs, both for Windows mobile 5 and 6. It's been tested in 2 different HTC models and works like a charm. It SHOULD work for any Mobile 5 and 6 OFFICIAL ROM. The second cab, it just translates the phone part to Greek, with the ease to scroll down Greek letters will searching for a contact. This too has been tested on 2 different OFFICIAL HTC ROMS and it does work. It should NOT work on cooked ROMS, so try it in your own responsibility. I know some alternatives have been posted by minotavr, by using resco keyboard pro with greek characters file and PocketCm Contact Manager, but it didn't satisfy me in any way.
So, I'm posting the cabs and I'm waiting for your tests and results. I'm emphasizing that they should be used with OFFICIAL WWE ROMS and with Regional settings set to Greek. I would prefer if we keep this tread in English, just for respect for this great community.
Forgive me for the huge post. Have fun.

Do the *.cab files work with SE XPERIA X1 and WM 6.1? I am planning to buy a UK SE Xperia X1 but wish to list greek names and scroll through greek alphabet letters to locate a contact.

a123xxsp

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, I've just tried it to a Diamond official WWE English ROM & Greek regional settings (tried the CM 6.1 version) but instead of having greek scroll in contact manager I see IDS_phone in TF3D phone and IDS_allday in caledar etc....

any idea about the problem?

Have anyone else tried it in Diamond? Anyone that can send the ACE-Greek to DeMarco (if he is willing off-course to convert it)

regards,
Antony

kosimo20

Apr 15, 2008
i have just install marcodi marco.cab but i don't know what to do know. what i have to do in order to have greek keyboard?

el_greco101

Jul 10, 2007
J U S T . . . P E R F E C T ! ! !

I was looking a progie like this much time know!!!
Works Perfect on my HTC Trinity P3600!

REALLY THANKS!

Last edited:

manosdet

Mar 16, 2007
Hi, I've just tried it to a Diamond official WWE English ROM & Greek regional settings (tried the CM 6.1 version) but instead of having greek scroll in contact manager I see IDS_phone in TF3D phone and IDS_allday in caledar etc....

Have anyone else tried it in Diamond? Anyone that can send the ACE-Greek to DeMarco (if he is willing off-course to convert it)

regards,
Antony

I just installed it in diamond but contacts sorting is not working.

balaf

Jan 16, 2009
Didn't work in touch 3g
The only change I see is in the "input selection" menu which is now in greek!!

a123xxsp

Dec 28, 2008
Any news aboutthis problem?
regards,
Antony

mannkan

May 31, 2009
touch pro2

Hi all,
anyone knows if those cabs will work with htc pro2? i tested another cab that works ok on diamond2, the device started properly but when i tried to press the arrow (SIP) next to the keyboard, menu didnt show at all and couldnt change anything.
Waiting for ur replies...

cheers to all

*the translations seem to work but there are some few words left out...gj

Last edited:

sotos74

Oct 28, 2009
Please help

Dear MarkoDiMarko,
I managed to brick my wm 6.1 i-mate by installing the wrong! keyboard .cab (wm 6.0).
It is stuck in the boot screen. (cannot connect to active sync). I saw that you have sent pm to 2 previous users with the same problem giving a possible solution.
If you could be so kind as to sent me also any possible solution I would really appriciate it.
thanx a lot
sotos74

Problem resolved. No need for advice. Thanx

Last edited: