Internal storage

Search This thread
Hello, these days I ran into strange problem. Internal storage says there is only 2 GB available from 16(yes I know its not exactly 16gb), but I don't have that much files. I ran cleaner apps, used sdcard analyzer in Es explorer and nothing shows that can use this space. You can see on screenshot that only 26% is held by Android folder but lower you can see that 10gb is used. So what is taking this space? Also there is no hidden files or folders and my PC shows same. I'm on succulents CM 11 latest build.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389905072894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389905072894.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,726

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hello, these days I ran into strange problem. Internal storage says there is only 2 GB available from 16(yes I know its not exactly 16gb), but I don't have that much files. I ran cleaner apps, used sdcard analyzer in Es explorer and nothing shows that can use this space. You can see on screenshot that only 26% is held by Android folder but lower you can see that 10gb is used. So what is taking this space? Also there is no hidden files or folders and my PC shows same. I'm on succulents CM 11 latest build.
A 16GB device has a little under 13GB left to share between /data and internal sdcard. The internal sdcard is actually emulated and is a part of /data (/data/media), that is why it is shared. And I'm not sure about succulent's CM11, but I know bokbokan's CM11 also mounts his ART cache in /data, taking more space.

You can see by your graphic there is just under 13GB there. Much of it is used by /data and probably the ART cache. Look in /data with your root file manager to see what is taking space.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Thank you for your answer! It seems in data folder there was files from internal SD when I was on stock! I wondered why cm installing wiped it, but it seems that it just saved it /data/media
A data wipe with CWM does not wipe media files in /data/media. You must go to mounts and storage and format 'data and datamedia' for that to happen.

And CM11 puts media files in /data/media/0 so your file manager would not see the old files.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app