Thanks Meter: 4,764

By ukanth, Recognized Developer on 26th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2019, 03:51 PM |#5431  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Has anyone tried latest beta ( I fixed and reuploaded after the crash reports) ? Any feedback ?
The Following User Says Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th July 2019, 04:07 PM |#5432  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
All is good. One minor glitch I noticed is that in firewall logs the apps' icons are not displayed anymore. I see only white circles. I'm sure that they were displayed on the previous (non beta) version. Still, this does not bother at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kost7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kost7 Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 06:29 PM |#5433  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kost7

All is good. One minor glitch I noticed is that in firewall logs the apps' icons are not displayed anymore. I see only white circles. I'm sure that they were displayed on the previous (non beta) version. Still, this does not bother at all.

Also a minor UI issue. On the Black theme the white checkboxes disappear sometimes.

I can confirm tasker plugin doesn't crash anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190708-132904.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	4789108  
8th July 2019, 07:46 PM |#5434  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocarela

This was while I had configured connection with DHCP. Once I have set it up using static IP everything started to work as expected, but I would still like to hear an explanation if somebody knows why does it behave like that.

Now I have another problem.
I'm using custom scripts in order to apply rules with more detail than just completely allow or disallow an application access through a selected interface. The problem I'm facing (and doesn't occur with DroidWall) is that when creating a rule specifying a hostname instead of an IP address, such rule doesn't get applied. However, if I execute the same command in the shell after AFWall+ finishes doing its job (i.e. applying rules), the rule is configured as expected.

e.g.: iptables -I afwall-wifi-wan 14 -m owner --uid-owner 10185 -d hostname -j RETURN

What concerns AFWall+ binaries used they are configured by default (auto/built-in). Also... IPv6 functionality is not enabled.

BTW: I noticed that before global rejection rule there is a general DNS allow for root rule set up that I haven't configured. Why?

38 RETURN udp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:53 owner UID match 0

Solved... at the end of custom script started another script in the background waiting for AFWall+ to finish its job and then adding those rules specifying hostname instead of IP and removing IMHO rules I haven't requested.
8th July 2019, 11:17 PM |#5435  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Stupid question: how am I supposed to get 3.2.0 beta for the Donate version?

I only have the option to become a tester for the free version on Play Store and the apk on GitHub is obviously the free version too
9th July 2019, 12:36 PM |#5436  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Has anyone tried latest beta ( I fixed and reuploaded after the crash reports) ? Any feedback ?

I had not noticed that the app is fixed and reuploaded.
The app is no longer crash when started after a dirty installation ,it also seems to have solved the hang of the app when applying the rules (checking root).Tomorrow, after more hours of use, I will inform you if the application fails with respect to the previous version.
Greetings and thanks for your great work.
afwall + 3.2.0-BETA.PS1.
android 9.0 arm64, custom script, white list ,magisk 19.3.
The Following User Says Thank You to custon3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift custon3 Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 01:50 PM |#5437  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toutatis_

Stupid question: how am I supposed to get 3.2.0 beta for the Donate version?

I only have the option to become a tester for the free version on Play Store and the apk on GitHub is obviously the free version too

Just install the beta from Github, it checks if an "Afwall+ Donate Key" app is installed too, to activate the donate features. You'll find it in playstore.
9th July 2019, 01:57 PM |#5438  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nussbaum

Just install the beta from Github, it checks if an "Afwall+ Donate Key" app is installed too, to activate the donate features. You'll find it in playstore.

That doesn't work with the donate version of the app. Only the free + key
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lohanchien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lohanchien Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 02:15 PM |#5439  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohanchien

That doesn't work with the donate version of the app. Only the free + key

Indeed, I've just checked AFWall+ Unlocker page on Play Store and it says:

Quote:

Why I should buy AFWall+ Unlocker compare to AFWall+ Donate ?

1. Test AFWall+ Beta versions (usually updated first in AFWall+ Free version)

Oh well, I'll wait for the next stable update for Donate version then.

Thanks!
9th July 2019, 11:05 PM |#5440  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Works great and without any issue on all my three rooted devices, using donate version of the latest beta (Oneplus6, Galaxy Tab A6/2016, Galaxy Tab 10.1/2014).
10th July 2019, 01:16 AM |#5441  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question:

What system things are ok to disable? I know there’s a list on the site of what some recommendations are, but I think it’s outdated because some of the mentioned stuff isn’t even an option on my phone and some stuff I have isn’t on that list.

Could I theoretically disable all system permissions except WiFi/data/calling&texting? How so?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)