[Q] Root for Boost gs3 with version NDC?

Search This thread

dezined

Sep 9, 2009
I really can't find anything on a root method for a Boost S3 on 4.4. There's a lot of talk about ND8, but I'm running L710VPUCNDC. I'm wondering if the method can be swapped between the two or not. Any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I really can't find anything on a root method for a Boost S3 on 4.4. There's a lot of talk about ND8, but I'm running L710VPUCNDC. I'm wondering if the method can be swapped between the two or not. Any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.
If you are on 4.4.2 then the first place you should go is HERE. Then check out THIS thread. Also I believe that the thread HERE still works to root 4.4.2 . As always be sure to read everything carefully before doing anything.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
If you are on 4.4.2 then the first place you should go is HERE. Then check out THIS thread. Also I believe that the thread HERE still works to root 4.4.2 . As always be sure to read everything carefully before doing anything.

Well put together my friend, but it's much much easier than that last post.

1. Flash Philz through Odin
2. Reboot to recovery, click Philz settings
3. Check the reroot option
4. Click yes to apply
5. Reboot, install SuperSU from play store
6. Open SuperSU, disable Knox
7. Profit

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan

4. Click yes to apply
7. Profit

:good::good::good:
True enough ;) .

dezined

Sep 9, 2009
Ok, easy enough, however when I boot back into the OS and install SuperSU, as soon as I launch it, it informs me the binary isn't installed, that it can't install it, and then closes SuperSU. Did I use the wrong Philz? I used philz_touch_6.00.8-d2spr.tar.md5 in Odin 3.04.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Ok, easy enough, however when I boot back into the OS and install SuperSU, as soon as I launch it, it informs me the binary isn't installed, that it can't install it, and then closes SuperSU. Did I use the wrong Philz? I used philz_touch_6.00.8-d2spr.tar.md5 in Odin 3.04.

Use the latest philz, he's on like version 6.41 or something like that by now

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

djmentel

Jun 24, 2014

Did you ever get this root to work with a newer copy of Philz?

edunbarr

Jul 30, 2014

Were you able to get your S3 rooted with a newer version of Philz?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. Click yes to apply
    7. Profit

4. Click yes to apply
    7. Profit

:good::good::good:
    True enough ;) .

Use the latest philz, he's on like version 6.41 or something like that by now

Hey guys.

I just rooted it with TowelRoot V3 - L710VPUCNDC. No issues what so ever.