[Q] CPU stuck at 100%?

Search This thread

techguy378

Aug 10, 2010
I was wondering if anyone can confirm the following for me. I have an AT&T Galaxy SIII running Samsung's stock Android 4.1.2 ROM. The phone is not rooted, it's 100% pure stock. My question is does this phone's CPU always run at max speed unless the CPU Power Saving option is enabled? I'm asking because when running Cyanogenmod 10.1 M1 I get significantly better battery life and I'm wondering if Samsung's stock ROM is not automatically adjusting the processor's speed based on workload like I'm assuming Cyanogenmod does. My phone has a 4500mah extended battery and with Samsung's stock ROM the battery is down to 20% after 10 hours even if the phone is idling with the screen off most of that time. With the previously mentioned Cyanogenmod ROM my phone's battery is down to 55-60% after 10 hours. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
I was wondering if anyone can confirm the following for me. I have an AT&T Galaxy SIII running Samsung's stock Android 4.1.2 ROM. The phone is not rooted, it's 100% pure stock. My question is does this phone's CPU always run at max speed unless the CPU Power Saving option is enabled? I'm asking because when running Cyanogenmod 10.1 M1 I get significantly better battery life and I'm wondering if Samsung's stock ROM is not automatically adjusting the processor's speed based on workload like I'm assuming Cyanogenmod does. My phone has a 4500mah extended battery and with Samsung's stock ROM the battery is down to 20% after 10 hours even if the phone is idling with the screen off most of that time. With the previously mentioned Cyanogenmod ROM my phone's battery is down to 55-60% after 10 hours. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Get better battery stats. It will show you what is draining it so fast.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium