[Help Thread] Ask any question, you will get an answer.

Did you find this thread helpful

• Total voters
Search This thread

PricardPT

Jul 19, 2011
Im been flashing my galaxy s with odin, i think i flash the kernel of the phone, in i used to go the the recovery menu, it was <3e> and now is <2e>, and now i dont pass from the sgs logo. How can i solve this?

guru_iyer

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
Asking password in recovery

Hey I was on Infinitum ROM LBR 1.1.1 and I just flashed via Odin Stock JVU. Now when the phone rebooted into recovery, its asking me a password. I dont know what password..???
I have changed ROMs a hundred times but never experienced this problem. Plz help as fast as possible..

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Hey I was on Infinitum ROM LBR 1.1.1 and I just flashed via Odin Stock JVU. Now when the phone rebooted into recovery, its asking me a password. I dont know what password..???
I have changed ROMs a hundred times but never experienced this problem. Plz help as fast as possible..

Hey, I have seen this before just enter the wrong password a lot and it will eventually let u in, but may wipe all data on SD card

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Reactions: guru_iyer

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Hi!

I want to give a try to [ROM][AOSP][4.0.4] Gummy 1.2 - 09 MAY 2012. Currently I'm having MIUI with GB 2.3.7 installed on my i9000. Will have never left MIUI but they discontinued for i9000 :(

My questions are:
- what's the procedure to go up to ICS?
- what kernel should I use in conjunction with this ROM?
- where do I get GApps?

Thank you!

Well u have to root, then u flash the ics rom in cwm recovery, most ics roms has Google apps(gapps) included as well as a kernel included, I recommended u use the kernel that comes with the rom,

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Hi plz could you hlp i mnaged to root my s2 and i tryed to put on a rom batista it was an wen done wifi wouldnt work so i paniced and restored back to ics as it come up mi phone had gone out side its limits also since root some apps wnt install unless i unmount sd an sum still wnt then it says cant install to usb so i was wondering if you could recomend a rom i could try and a fix to app problem as a dnt no if i should try again kernale is xxlpq fanks for any hlp

Flash a stock rom, ask you of the seniors in the s2 thread as this is the s1 thread to send u the links to download a stock unrooted gingerbread rom and root file for Odin and I can talk u through it if u want.

kb87

Aug 2, 2011
Hello. Can you tell me if there is an app for android with which I can open .cdr files? I searched in the Play store but didn't find anything.

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Hello. Can you tell me if there is an app for android with which I can open .cdr files? I searched in the Play store but didn't find anything.

Is the cdr file in ur root, if so can u direct me 2 it, I wanna see I may have an app that can of it but I need to test to be surem

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur

This happens when u had installed some security app. Going through it will not harm your SD card, its just there. ;)

kb87

Aug 2, 2011
Is the cdr file in ur root, if so can u direct me 2 it, I wanna see I may have an app that can of it but I need to test to be surem

Hmmm. I'm sorry I have none right now. But I will get one from a client which I cannot share because of privacy clause on the contract. Can you find a way to work around?

If I helped you hit the thanks button.

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Hmmm. I'm sorry I have none right now. But I will get one from a client which I cannot share because of privacy clause on the contract. Can you find a way to work around?

Well, I was going to use es file explorer cause it allows u to open any document with any app, I was going to open it as a notepad document

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
hi bro i bought sgs i9000 2 weeks back, it started probs mostly like force close, i decided to install custom rom
so i first installed custom cwm through odin, and then the normal procedure of wiping and formatting etc, it successfully got installed, when rebooted it gets restarted again, went into cwm mode again and the normal procedure but this time i noticed under Mounts and Storage, there was only option of usb storage something, rest options are gone and whatever i did it was like E: volume unknown etc, like sounds more like efs is corrupted, still hope i searched over internet, and till now my phone could startup and show samsung i9000.... i googled and did something, but now simple and straight,,,
it can only go into downloading mode down vol, menu + power... and can be detected at odin,,,, but nothing works with power on and cant get into recovery mode either.... whatever i do, it CAN NOT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT GOING INTO DOWNLOADING MODE......... what to do, i am noob with odin , pit files and the rest, kindly help me:mad:

Here man this should do it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26123807

kb87

Aug 2, 2011
Well, I was going to use es file explorer cause it allows u to open any document with any app, I was going to open it as a notepad document

Nope that didn't work. I'll see if I can find a file which I can send you to try. Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts