[ICONS] Project Glass Icons [Crowd source!]

Search This thread

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
Project Glass Icons, Crowdsource version

j6T10.png
Lr5af.png

This is my rendition of the project glass icon set that some others have started (see credits). I wanted to start this as a crowdsource project because I don't have the time to complete the entire set by myself. And isn't the spirit of open source and this community sharing and contribution? Well let's get to it!​

[CREDITS]

I orginally found the icons on blackbearblanc's mycolorscreen profile, which lead me to: http://blackbearblanc.tumblr.com (please note, some images on his tumblr are NSFW.)
Which also led me to PS_design's name (although I could never find the link to his stuff)

[THE GOOD STUFF]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the icons here

Included in the above folder is the original icons, recolored, and the icons I created, including an XCF (gimp) template.

I need someone to create a PSD that is colored properly as I do not use Photoshop (and you shouldn't either unless you bought it!)

Upload your icons here

If that doesn't work, pm me a link to your icon and I will add it!

If all else fails, post your icons in this thread and I will add them.

I will be doing quality control, and I will reject any icon that is not colored properly (close to what the human eye can detect is fine).

Last edited:

r3dal3rt

Apr 15, 2012
Waterloo, ON

j6T10.png
Lr5af.png

This is my rendition of the project glass icon set that some others have started (see credits). I wanted to start this as a crowdsource project because I don't have the time to complete the entire set by myself. And isn't the spirit of open source and this community sharing and contribution? Well let's get to it!​

Very Cool! Will definitely contribute when PSD template is created. Unfortunately, Im not that good with PSD so I cant make the template :(

Niksko

Aug 28, 2011
Melbourne
I really want to get involved, but I'm having some trouble turning existing logos into these icons.

Any tips on how to take, for example, the gmail icon and turn it into one of these icons?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

EDIT: Never mind. I've figured out a nice way of doing it. I'll be making a few icons over the next few days for apps that I frequently use. I've made one for gmail that looks more like the actual gmail icon, but I can't see any way to upload it to that dropbox. I think it's just best if people PM of the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: IceBlurr

xSiDeRaLx

Nov 26, 2011
Rome
sorry for off topic.
which is the calendar widget that i can see in the picture? tnx

good work :)

Last edited:

angelflare

Dec 5, 2010
Icons look great. I'll contribute when psd arrives. I'm good at photoshop but not good at creating this psd and believe me i tried. Can't use GIMP btw. If someone could post a brief tutorial about making icons via template, i'll be glad to contribute.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
how do you do that? I'm on MIUI, and i'm looking for a app that i can use to make shortcuts and change the icons into the glass ones. I tried it with desktop visualizer but it just makes the icons HUGE

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
how do you do that? I'm on MIUI, and i'm looking for a app that i can use to make shortcuts and change the icons into the glass ones. I tried it with desktop visualizer but it just makes the icons HUGE

Long press the icon on your home screen > edit > tap the icon > you can figure it out from here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

j6T10.png
    Lr5af.png

[CREDITS]

I orginally found the icons on blackbearblanc's mycolorscreen profile, which lead me to: http://blackbearblanc.tumblr.com (please note, some images on his tumblr are NSFW.)
    Which also led me to PS_design's name (although I could never find the link to his stuff)

[THE GOOD STUFF]

Download the icons here

Included in the above folder is the original icons, recolored, and the icons I created, including an XCF (gimp) template.

I need someone to create a PSD that is colored properly as I do not use Photoshop (and you shouldn't either unless you bought it!)

Upload your icons here

If that doesn't work, pm me a link to your icon and I will add it!

If all else fails, post your icons in this thread and I will add them.

I will be doing quality control, and I will reject any icon that is not colored properly (close to what the human eye can detect is fine).
    Just FYI, if y'all want a HUGE (1500+ icons!) pack of Project Glass like icons, they're for sale here:

http://www.thaicon.thasyndicate.com/products-page/fantasy/tha-project-glass/

I'm the guy that asked the author to make 'em, and at only $5 for white (and black!) and at both 72 x 72 and 200 x 200 (!) I think it's pretty much a bargain.

j6T10.png
    Lr5af.png

Very Cool! Will definitely contribute when PSD template is created. Unfortunately, Im not that good with PSD so I cant make the template :(
    I really want to get involved, but I'm having some trouble turning existing logos into these icons.

Any tips on how to take, for example, the gmail icon and turn it into one of these icons?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

EDIT: Never mind. I've figured out a nice way of doing it. I'll be making a few icons over the next few days for apps that I frequently use. I've made one for gmail that looks more like the actual gmail icon, but I can't see any way to upload it to that dropbox. I think it's just best if people PM of the OP.
    If anyone's still looking here I'm in the process of make a pile of them.

Its pretty quick so if anyone wants any icon specifically let me know and make them?