[Q] Best way to activate from Custom ROM?

Search This thread

Zhono

Dec 6, 2012
This was my mother's phone originally. I worked on it like 8 months ago, so I couldn't even begin to recount the actual steps I took to get it unlocked/custom rom'd.

But I do know, it's currently showing S-OFF, hboot 1.40.1100, I've got TWRP on it, and CM 11(did that a few weeks ago to check out the latest features).

Phone has no active service through Sprint. I'm going to activate it on Ting(already checked the ESN, they say it will activate) Problem is, when I put my Galaxy s2 on Ting, I had to temp-boot the stock rom in order for the phone to do whatever it needs to do to activate service, and also if I wanted to update the PRL and whatnot. So my question is, does anyone know if that is necessary with this phone? And if so, is there an easy way to temp-boot into a stock rom to get the job done?

I came across the Boot Manager Lite app(which wouldn't load and I had to uninstall), but I assume that works with any rom zip that is flashable through cwm/twrp, which I can't seem to find one for stock.

Anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to do this? Or is it even necessary to be in stock to activate? Or if I have to go fully back to stock to activate and then back to custom, is it going to be a nightmare like I remember it being to unlock the thing originally? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks guys.

*EDIT* Also, if anyone can give me a good answer/quick instruction, and has a Ting referral code, I'll be glad to use it when I activate. $20 for me, $20 for you. Win/Win Otherwise I'm using the code from a popular Youtuber, lol

**EDIT2** Think I may have just solved my own problem, If so, I'll post the solution, so that this thread is not a total waste.

Last edited: