New Forums on XDA?

Search This thread

daunown

Apr 8, 2009
What about a Galaxy S I9000 Forum ?? It would be great because is one of the most powerful devices and because of the samsung we won't have the support we want ;)

I would like to request a forum for the Super-AMOLED & 1GHz Hummingbird powered Samsung i9000 - Galaxy S

Hopefully, this new forum will also further expand the current Android customizations for Galaxy phones.

In fact, just a general Samsung Galaxy forum would suffice to get things started on XDA.

Samsung Galaxy (i5700, i7500, i9000)

+1 for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S (The fastest and most powerful phone)

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Andreas_ku990 said:
What about a Galaxy S I9000 Forum ?? It would be great because is one of the most powerful devices and because of the samsung we won't have the support we want ;)

magicdroid said:
I would like to request a forum for the Super-AMOLED & 1GHz Hummingbird powered Samsung i9000 - Galaxy S

Hopefully, this new forum will also further expand the current Android customizations for Galaxy phones.

In fact, just a general Samsung Galaxy forum would suffice to get things started on XDA.

Samsung Galaxy (i5700, i7500, i9000)

+1 for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S (The fastest and most powerful phone)

Another member here who would like to see the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S added.
This phone is going to be huge in what it offers to the public.

I was talking with Chris Love of Clove Technology the other day and he said although the HTC Desire has been their biggest seller by far, the soon to be released Samsung i9000 has already brought in a tremendous amount of attention. :)

slaming

Feb 3, 2010
is it possible to create a sub forum just for android tablets? that would be a great help considering how many are coming to the market now.

slaming

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Samsung i9000 Galaxy S

The Samsung i9000 Galaxy S is now less than two weeks to release and we still do not have any official section to turn to.

This phone is generating a great deal of interest and needs it's own section for question/answers.
If any of the board are still reading these posts then please look into having the i9000 added.

Thanks in advance
Beards :)

CommanderThor

Jan 22, 2009
Ljubljana
Well if there is oen Android phone that should have own subforum it is Motorola Droid/Milestone.

One THIRD of all android phones are Droid/Milestone, rly there should be one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZTE Blade coming shortly. Thanks for the requests.
    EDIT: Proper Forum Request Thread

If you look back in XDA history you will see the non HTC devices is new. XDA has always been mostly an HTC based site as they work with developers. We have been adding non HTC devices slowly. A hundred requests on a forum of over 4 million is not alot. Now for the part about the biggest joke. I never even heard of this pad before and outside of this thread I don't think I ever will again.

Your right xda is not the only source. Hell all the info needed to start developing for the tab is available to any and all that want to mod the tablet

You know, while you make a pretty valid point, I find the hostility unnecessary. And yes, XDA in the past has been essentially a HTC forum from the start. But with the rise of Android, the site has grown exponentially, hence your hatred towards the average-non-dev forum user. I know your pain, I've seen it first hand. They do not provide any help whatsoever to developers, simply stating "feature xxx is borked" without logs or any supporting information.

I get the frustration, but to attack a device, and various people on this thread for throwing their support of it is kind of childish and utterly ridiculous, don't you think? And to say you've never heard of the device and never will again? Close-minded, maybe? Don't get out much? I dunno. Gizmodo, Engadget have been mentioning it for the last 6 months since it's announcement. Even, Arstechnica wrote a brief and underwhelming review of it.

First of all, I'll state that it is the only tablet to date that:
    1. Fully supports a digitized pen, not a 3rd party addon stylus
    2. Fully supports a full-sized USB port, that allows 3rd party connectivity, e.g, mouse, keyboard, portable hdd, etc..
    3. And IMHO the only tablet with real productivity use and potential

Secondly, you want some sort of proof of developers and/or support for the device that you've bashed and the people that have taken the time to post (understandably some not in the most positive words). You've already disregarded the original request thread that has over 10k of views and 135 replies, albeit in the wrong section and understandably underwhelming, etc. Yet I still feel obligated to prove you wrong :p

Several applications and modifications have sprouted since the release of the TPT.

Root/SU progress - dedicated users attempting to root and/or achieve root/superuser access.
    Modification - dedicated users found out how to add a 3G radio to their WiFi only device.
    Quill - an app developed solely by a TPT owner.
    WritePad Stylus - an app originally developed for all Android tablets that has grown exponentially due to the release of the TPT.

Now, before you become agitated by my response and feel the need to lash out. I'll state, that I am not attacking you, but simply and relatively kindly expressing concern and enlightenment in an area of knowledge I feel you're lacking in, namely, for a device as wonderful as this tablet, a device that has true productivity potential (like a laptop or even more!). I would also like to point out that I believe the majority of the people here have come for a simple and unified purpose. And that purpose is to join; and to put it in your own words, "[...] a place to come to learn and share your knowledge [...]".

Surely, you cannot hold that against us. And to point out that I completely agree with you that, "If you are not here for those reasons then you are here for the wrong ones." I also understand that you probably don't give a ****, but maybe, just maybe there is a compassionate side to you. Maybe that side could understand our point of view, that we really just desire a central place to join and share the the knowledge we gain and pass on to others for a device that we own and care about.

Cheers

EDIT: Proper Forum Request Thread
    please

some off the HUAWEI DEVICES
    U8120 aka VODAFONE845 :cool:
    U8100 Huawei
    U8110 Tmobile Pulse mini
    U8150 IDEOS
    U8220 Pulse
    Hwuaei U8150 aka Vodafone IDEOS aka T-Mobile Comet.

Are 200+ requests enough? ;)
    IT would be nice to respond or make some update to first post on considered - to be considered or not to be consuidered devices .

Is any MOD reading HeRe ? :confused:

BTW again Huawei FORUM pls . thnx