look for the line
#Pressure
touch.pressure.scale=0.2

I changed to 0.1, save and close,

Secondly go to System\usr\idc and open file clearpad.idc

look for the line touch.filter.level = 2

I changed the level = 2 to level = 4
Reboot and enjoy.

My touchscreen now works flawlessly and I hope this fix works for others please test and report back your findings.
Remember to hit thanks if I helped you in any way.

You can try other settings, You can change the 4 , from 1-7 1 being most sensitive, not always best and 7 being the least. Each device will be different and vary in results. I wouldn't recommend going to 7 though as your touchscreen might become unresponsive.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Banwell13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Banwell13 Ad-Free
1st January 2014, 10:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I did that and I think it's a bit better now...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
1st January 2014, 11:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How would I do this? I got a rooted xperia z1 but not sure what to do next.

Cheers
1st January 2014, 11:50 AM |#4  
Bristol
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Skript

How would I do this? I got a rooted xperia z1 but not sure what to do next.

Cheers

You need a file manager such as Astro Manager, then just follow the instructions given here... go to System\usr\idc in the file manager.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TagEHeuer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TagEHeuer Ad-Free
1st January 2014, 12:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagEHeuer

You need a file manager such as Astro Manager, then just follow the instructions given here... go to System\usr\idc in the file manager.

After trying to edit the file it refuses to save. I have tried 2 different file managers now, Is it read only or something?
1st January 2014, 12:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhuddlan
Thanks Meter: 101

Donate to Me
More
What Rom and Kernel are you on
Quote:

After trying to edit the file it refuses to save. I have tried 2 different file managers now, Is it read only or something?

What Rom and Kernel are you on, I think some 4.3 ROMs still have an issue with the system being read only, I'm by no means a dev and you would need to read about this on whatever ROM you have thread, once you gain access to system being read, write you will have no issue saving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Banwell13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Banwell13 Ad-Free
1st January 2014, 12:17 PM |#7  
Bristol
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm sorry I'm really not sure why it's like that, as other post said depending on your ROM, it's best to contact the developer who made it. If you're using stock, then reply to me and I'll try and help further
1st January 2014, 12:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhuddlan
Thanks Meter: 101

Donate to Me
More
Try other settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashMiniStar

I did that and I think it's a bit better now...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

You can try other settings, You can change the 4 , from 1-7 1 being most sensitive, not always best and 7 being the least. Each device will be different and vary in results. I wouldn't recommend going to 7 though as your touchscreen might become unresponsive.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck.
24th January 2014, 08:20 AM |#9  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Im also facing such issue like I touched in sketch app & locked phone with other finger.Unlocked it while keeping the finger at same spot,then scolling the finger missed the touch
Also after playing GTA SA for about 30 min the touch sometimes stop responding.Any solutions
I tried above method but nothing works.I don't want to give this phone as I got it in replacement regarding yellow hue issue.
One issue after another emerges

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th January 2014, 08:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISHI RAJ

Im also facing such issue like I touched in sketch app & locked phone with other finger.Unlocked it while keeping the finger at same spot,then scolling the finger missed the touch
Also after playing GTA SA for about 30 min the touch sometimes stop responding.Any solutions
I tried above method but nothing works.I don't want to give this phone as I got it in replacement regarding yellow hue issue.
One issue after another emerges

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is really a widespread problem across the globe. even Z1s owners are plagued by this problem and most likely even the z1 compact.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)