FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

2,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,448

By josteink, Senior Member on 21st February 2013, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2013, 08:01 AM |#1331  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

See here:

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
The problem is that TWRP does not mount the /system partition by default and the updater-script is trying to check for keys in a file that aren't yet visible to the recovery system. The script is only mounting the /system partition after it has tried this check and after it has already formatted /system, which, of course, fails because there is no build.prop file now to even check.

You can modify the updater script (in a non-windows text editor) and move the mount line (line 9) above the assert line (line 7) or just delete the assert line altogether. I would do the second option, if it were me. Then just zip it back up, create another md5 file if you want and try again. Just make sure you're installing to a tf101g, which is what the ROM was built for.

The ro.product.device and ro.build.product are set by TWRP when you are running recovery. My guess would rather be that you are not running a recovery compiled specifically for TF101G, but rather for TF101. Then the above assert would fail. The way to remedy it would be to first flash the TWRP for TF101G, reboot to system, reboot to recovery again, and then try to reflash the ROM. You can check in TWRP Advanced menu, "Run terminal command":
Code:
getprop | grep product
Most probably this will give tf101, not tf101g

2nd December 2013, 09:37 AM |#1332  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopMusic

hi whenever i try to install cm 10.1 nightly version i get following errors.

-- Installing: /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g"
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

i have tried to wipe data, catche and dalvik cache, and also tried after formating system, but same error every time.
can anyone tell me why i get this error and it's solution please?
My TF101G is rooted, unlocked bootloader with TWRP signed_twrp-2.6.3.9_tf101g.zip

Thnx

The problem seems to be something to do with that version of version of TWRP. Although it says it's for the TF101G, it gives this error. Try and find version twrp-2.6.3.0-5_tf101g.zip, copy it to the SD card, boot into recovery and install it; then try again. That version works fine.

Good luck!
2nd December 2013, 12:02 PM |#1333  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,770

Donate to Me
More
Here are the matching lines from the default.prop in version 2.6.3.9-tf101g:

ro.product.device=tf101g
ro.build.product=tf101g

This file is present after twrp boots. The same config files were used for the earlier version. Just remove the assert line and you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidneyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sidneyk Ad-Free
2nd December 2013, 03:54 PM |#1334  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

Here are the matching lines from the default.prop in version 2.6.3.9-tf101g:

ro.product.device=tf101g
ro.build.product=tf101g

This file is present after twrp boots. The same config files were used for the earlier version. Just remove the assert line and you'll be fine.

Removed assert line, rezipped, copieed and install works fine now.

Product and build shows both tf101g in TWRP.

Tnx for the help.
3rd December 2013, 11:43 PM |#1335  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Looks like CM is done with 10.2 https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/TXAohX7ACsp

Now let's see if we can get CM11 to boot... KitKat here we come...

Meh... wrong thread again... ugh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlumberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dlumberg Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 06:35 AM |#1336  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
If anyone is still using this, I thought I'd just plug my latest app Straitjacket which is my new, refined and paid version of Noname-parts with some extra features, which also works on phones and other tablets.

If you've used my ROMs all along and wanted a way to say you appreciate it, now's your chance
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
22nd May 2014, 05:02 PM |#1337  
Flag Karlovy Vary
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Could anyone say me, files are used like drivers for the ethernet? I want to use it in anotjer device, but there arent any suitable driver for ethernet.
Thanks
27th May 2014, 12:45 PM |#1338  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
tpt
please can use this ROM on lenovo thinkpad tablet 1838 since they both have the same processor and screen display? Your
response is appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2, cm10.1, jellybean, tf101, tf101g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)