FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

2,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,448

By josteink, Senior Member on 21st February 2013, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2013, 04:57 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoeste

anyone else having problems with usb mounts?

i'm getting java.lang.IllegalArgumentException when trying to mount an external hdd or pen

[edit] on april 4th and todays build [/edit]

Without any tools or meddling, I get USB sticks (with FAT32) mounted properly.

Trying to access /storage/usbdiskX/ in a terminal though, seems to require root permissions. This may indeed be a problem.

Edit: Hold that. I had stickmount from Play Store installed but thought I wasn't using it. When uninstalling it, mounting USB devices no longer works.

Use stickmount and you should be good.

7th April 2013, 04:59 PM |#502  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Code:
[email protected]:/proc $ zcat config.gz | grep NTFS
# CONFIG_NTFS_FS is not set
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoeste

reverted to 15/03 and now it works, but only with fat32. Is it supposed to work also with ntfs?

Thanks

It seems this is not the case. If you need help with NTFS support, you should check the KAT kernel thread, as this ROM is now using KAT Kernel directly.
7th April 2013, 05:46 PM |#503  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

AOSP keyboard does NOT inlude gestures. Google closed source JB keyboard includes gestures, but comes only as a APK blob we cannot do anything about. Unfortunately, gesture-typing with that blob does not work on the TF101, only on Nexus devices.

So this ROM does not support gesture-typing with stock keyboard. Sorry about that, but it's outside our control.

If you want gesture typing (and I can see why) I'd rather recommend Swiftkey or Swype, both which are available for a reasonable price in the Google Play store. I've bought Swiftkey myself.

It's too bad, it works great on my Sensation on CM 10.1 but from what I've read from Timduru on the EOS thread the Gesture typing just doesn't play well with the Tf101.

Sent from my Transformer using xda app-developers app
7th April 2013, 06:22 PM |#504  
Flag BC
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Yeah Swype is working great on my tf101 right now, and its free off their website.

Sent from my Transformer using xda app-developers app
8th April 2013, 11:59 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Todays builds are somewhat delayed because I had forgot to clean up old builds on the server and ran out of space.

Have restarted the job so they should appear sooner or later
8th April 2013, 01:03 PM |#506  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

Todays builds are somewhat delayed because I had forgot to clean up old builds on the server and ran out of space.

Have restarted the job so they should appear sooner or later

I see EOS 4 KatKernel has jumped a few versions in the last few days. Is it directly compatible with the CM10.1 ROMs?
8th April 2013, 01:48 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebuk

I see EOS 4 KatKernel has jumped a few versions in the last few days. Is it directly compatible with the CM10.1 ROMs?

It should be... we'll find out. The only incompatibility that I can think of is if Timduru turned off the init stuff again which I doubt he'd do.
8th April 2013, 02:14 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebuk

The ROM now includes "nightly" kat kernels, via the sources, basically whatever is committed to github. You shouldn't even need to download kat kernel and flash it, as it is built as a part of the ROM.

Edit: That is a "yes".

Edit 2: If you want to use his builds (and do feel free), he has separate releases tagged "CM10.1". They should be compatible with this ROM. The regular ones are not.

Edit 3: And the builds are up btw.

Edit 4: I see he has yet to commit all his stuff. Feel free to flash kernels
8th April 2013, 10:15 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Hey don't know exactly what has changed but today's build seems to be flying really does seem faster.

Cheers
8th April 2013, 10:48 PM |#510  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 1,921

More
Fully agree on the speed, this is fastest ROM so far. Please check this one so we can keep this speed.

:thumbup: Thx a million!!!

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium
9th April 2013, 05:52 AM |#511  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Does talk video talk working on this yet ?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2, cm10.1, jellybean, tf101, tf101g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)