Melbourne
Welcome to Dual Boot Backup & Restore

A utility app for noob-dev type dual-boot system on Galaxy S4 LTE variants

=================================
DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION:
>>Dual Boot Backup V2.3a 4/1/14
Release:

Multi Boot Backup & Restore Utilities V4.0

Finally I have combined all operations into a single AROMA zip!

Functions:

-Backup for Secondary, multi-slot-1, multi-slot-2, multi-slot-3

-Restore for Secondary, multi-slot-1, multi-slot-2, multi-slot-3

-Delete backups and delete multiROMs

PLUS!!

You can restore a backup from any slot to any other!

For now you MUST:

-Patch a suitable kernel before hand corresponding to the desired slot.

Rename your backup folder to the desired slot.

Eg.

'/external_sd/dual-boot-bk/dual'

to

'/external_sd/dual-boot-bk/multi-slot-1'

Then run restore and after flash your patched kernel. Note this will also overwrite whichever secondary kernel you have backed up so you may have to flash and set two kernels.

I will improve this function in the next version
Enjoy!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwq2kxxlwjao0kw/MultiROM_backup_restore_V4.0.zip

vehugabu.jpg

The Title of this App is pretty self explanatory. Being a user and fan of the Dual Boot mod I decided to expand upon it by creating an app which can:

>>> Backup 2ndROM to your choice of Internal Memory OR external SD card

>>> Backup with your choice of Compression or No compression.

>>> Backup by running the app from Primary OR 2ndROM (Restore only from primary ROM)

>>> Restore 2ndROM backup

=============================
PLANNED FEATURES IN FUTURE VERSIONS:

- Backup Primary ROM

-Restore EITHER Primary or 2ndROM backups to EITHER/OR Primary or 2ndROM locations... allowing you to:

-clone EITHER ROM to both locations
-swap Primary and 2ndROM positions.

Please refer to the thread for the original Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong if you are new to this. This app REQUIRES an understanding of Dual Boot and a working Dual Boot setup

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534

[PATCHER][APP] Dual boot any ROM on all Galaxy S4 variants!

How it works:

I've used Tasker app factory to make an app with a GUI interface which will execute Linux terminal commands creating .tar or .tar.gz backup files in /dual-boot-bk folder which it will create in either your Internal or external memory.

The restore function will restore the tar files to the required folders.

How to use:

>>>Backup

#1.Simply install the app on either primary or secondary ROM and run the app.

#2. Tap the backup button and the chose your storage location and compression level.

#3. Wait for the operation to complete!

Your backup will be created in a folder /dual-boot-bk/ in three files:

dualsys.tar
dualdata.tar
dual-kernel.tar

To delete your backup simply delete this folder /dual-boot-bk/ using a file manager.

If you manually move your backup tar files after creating a backup from one location to another (say to your computer hard drive) just be sure to move them back to your phone in a folder named:

/dual-boot-bk/

Before you want to do a restore so the app will detect it. (This folder can be in your internal memory or extrenal SD card).

>>> Restore

You can only restore when running this app from your PRIMARY ROM.

#1. Make sure you have your three backup .tar files in the expected /dual-boot-bk folder on your Internal Memory or external SD Card.

#2. Tap the restore button.

#3. Wait until the operation has completed and you are done!

>>>IMPORTANT

#1. You CAN restore a backup onto a Primary ROM which has just been clean installed and DOESN'T yet have the necessary dual-boot folders... My app will create them if necessary.

#2. The secondary kernel will be backed up and restored BUT you may not have set your primary ROM kernel using 'dual boot switcher' app my app should detect if this file doesn't exit and warn you to do this.

DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.2

LINK>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/adnuvmyykcuf746/Dual_Boot_Backup_Restore1.2.apk

Last edited:

Diabl0z

Aug 6, 2012
Great app but why I should move my old back before backup new rom can u make it as cwm
Thanks again for this helpful app

Reactions: reb1995

Arjav23

Mar 21, 2012
Mumbai
I didn't understand
Can I flash a i9505 song on i9500?

Sent from my DEATH NOTE with Shinigami by my side!

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Great app but why I should move my old back before backup new rom can u make it as cwm
Thanks again for this helpful app

Sorry I don't understand. You don't have to move anything back.

If you move your backup to say your hard drive then you need to move out back otherwise the backup it makes is in the folder that the app expects

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Diabl0z

Aug 6, 2012
Sorry I don't understand. You don't have to move anything back.

If you move your backup to say your hard drive then you need to move out back otherwise the backup it makes is in the folder that the app expects

I mean if I backup rom then I want back another rom should I first move the old one I think app rewrite the previous one on new rom

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
I mean if I backup rom then I want back another rom should I first move the old one I think app rewrite the previous one on new rom

Oh ok I understand now. .. Yes you are correct you should rename the /dual-boot-bk folder to something or move the .tar files to another folder if you wish to make a new backup and keep the old one.

The files in /dual-boot-bk will be overwritten if you run another backup

Reactions: Diabl0z

chenxiaolong

Sep 29, 2011
Welcome to Dual Boot Backup utility app

vehugabu.jpg

The Title of this App is pretty self explanatory. Being a user and fan of the Dual Boot mod I decided to expand upon it by creating an app which can:

>>> Backup by running the app from Primary OR 2ndROM (Restore only from primary ROM)

Please refer to the thread for the original Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong if you are new to this. This app REQUIRES an understanding of Dual Boot and a working Dual Boot setup

How it works:

I've used Tasker app factory to make an app with a GUI interface which will execute Linux terminal commands creating .tar or .tar.gz backup files in /dual-boot-bk folder which it will create in either your Internal or external memory.

How to use:

>>>Backup

#2. Tap the backup button and the chose your storage location and compression level.

dualsys.tar
dualdata.tar
dual-kernel.tar

To delete your backup simply delete this folder /dual-boot-bk/ using a file manager.

If you manually move your backup tar files after creating a backup from one location to another (say to your computer hard drive) just be sure to move them back to your phone in a folder named:

/dual-boot-bk/

Before you want to do a restore so the app will detect it. (This folder can be in your internal memory or extrenal SD card).

>>> Restore

#1. Make sure you have your three backup .tar files in the expected /dual-boot-bk folder on your Internal Memory or external SD Card.

>>>IMPORTANT

#1. You CAN restore a backup onto a Primary ROM which has just been clean installed and DOESN'T yet have the necessary dual-boot folders... My app will create them if necessary.

#2. The secondary kernel will be backed up and restored BUT you may not have set your primary ROM kernel using 'dual boot switcher' app my app should detect if this file doesn't exit and warn you to do this.

DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.0b

https://db.tt/KJG5mNxG

DOWNLOAD: Original Dual-Boot app/mods

Dual Boot Patcher
[LINK]
Dual Boot Switcher app
[LINK]
DualBootUtility zip
[LINK]

heju4yje.jpg

a2etevaj.jpg

urava8yz.jpg

This is awesome! :D I could really use something like this. I've hit my thanks limit already, so I'll thank you in a couple hours ;)

dikime

Oct 28, 2010
I wish I had this app earlier today when I went on a flashing spree and ended up with a semi-brick :D

Sushibagel

Apr 29, 2011
Any way to figure out much space we're need to restore? I've yet to be able to get it to work because it keeps saying I don't have enough space.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Any way to figure out much space we're need to restore? I've yet to be able to get it to work because it keeps saying I don't have enough space.

OK well this was a bug in V1.0b I thought I fixed.

Do you have the existing dual boot folders /system/dual /data/dual?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sushibagel

Apr 29, 2011
OK well this was a bug in V1.0b I thought I fixed.

Do you have the existing dual boot folders /system/dual /data/dual?

I restored a backup now but to restore I first wiped using the dual boot utility booted into my primary and tried to restore

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
I restored a backup now but to restore I first wiped using the dual boot utility booted into my primary and tried to restore

Ok... To help me fix this can you tell me how much space you have now in your system folder, internal memory? Also did you use compression with your backup? And where did you make the backup

Sushibagel

Apr 29, 2011
Ok... To help me fix this can you tell me how much space you have now in your system folder, internal memory? Also did you use compression with your backup? And where did you make the backup

I have 253mb currently with my secondary ROM installed

I've tried both compressed and regular

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Dual Boot Backup & Restore

A utility app for noob-dev type dual-boot system on Galaxy S4 LTE variants

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION:
    >>Dual Boot Backup V2.3a 4/1/14
    Release:

Functions:

PLUS!!

For now you MUST:

Eg.

to

Then run restore and after flash your patched kernel. Note this will also overwrite whichever secondary kernel you have backed up so you may have to flash and set two kernels.

Enjoy!!

vehugabu.jpg

PLANNED FEATURES IN FUTURE VERSIONS:

- Backup Primary ROM

-Restore EITHER Primary or 2ndROM backups to EITHER/OR Primary or 2ndROM locations... allowing you to:

-clone EITHER ROM to both locations
    -swap Primary and 2ndROM positions.

How it works:

How to use:

>>>Backup

dualsys.tar
    dualdata.tar
    dual-kernel.tar

/dual-boot-bk/

>>> Restore

>>>IMPORTANT

DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.2

LINK>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/adnuvmyykcuf746/Dual_Boot_Backup_Restore1.2.apk
    Release:

Functions:

PLUS!!

For now you MUST:

Eg.

to

Enjoy!!

Hey there @rlorange,Good morning sir!This is really a great tool and it functions good on my Xiaomi Redmi 1S too,but can you please add support for Dual[in /system partition] and Data[in /data partition] slots [at least] please??[Then if you want to spend your time maybe for ExtSD slot too XD] the information you need are here http://xdaforums.com/redmi-1s/orig-development/hm-1s-dualboot-simpler-dualboot-solution-t3286895 .I hope I'm not asking too much,please answer me [not fast,simply answer me]

Hey... Been a LONG TIME since I updated this app. I'm impressed it works beyond galaxy S4 I developed it for.

Firstly this was an EPIC project. It's a tasker made app and I added a custom binary setup which self installs into the APK. It took much time.

I've since has mental heath issues so no updates as. Yet I still use it on my note 4. Sorry. Medication means I can't tap into my development side. Otherwise I go hypomanic... One day I'll update it

I used pigz so it runs BLAZINGLY FAST
    UPDATE: DualBoot backup & Restore V2.3a

- Refined ui
    -fixed problems not creating backup folder

- EXCLUSIVE PIGZ accelerated gzip tool

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43k6pryslpef7k4/Dual_Boot_Backup.2.3a.apk

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to Dual Boot Backup utility app

vehugabu.jpg

How it works:

How to use:

>>>Backup

dualsys.tar
    dualdata.tar
    dual-kernel.tar

/dual-boot-bk/

>>> Restore

>>>IMPORTANT

DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.0b

https://db.tt/KJG5mNxG

DOWNLOAD: Original Dual-Boot app/mods

Dual Boot Patcher
    [LINK]
    Dual Boot Switcher app
    [LINK]
    DualBootUtility zip
    [LINK]

heju4yje.jpg

a2etevaj.jpg

urava8yz.jpg

This is awesome! :D I could really use something like this. I've hit my thanks limit already, so I'll thank you in a couple hours ;)