[Q] can't unlock bootloader

Search This thread

doss2007

Apr 25, 2010
The bootloader is currently lock. everything is stock, i never root it.
whenever i try "fastboot oem unlock" and select yes on the nexus, it frooze on this "unlock bootloader ?" screen. and on the terminal it say "erasing userdata". the first time i tried i let it like that for a good hour before force shutting off, and i tri again, froze every time.
I can acces to my stock recovery but i have an error "e failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)",
meanwhile, i can't boot :(

any idea to fix this ?

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
The bootloader is currently lock. everything is stock, i never root it.
whenever i try "fastboot oem unlock" and select yes on the nexus, it frooze on this "unlock bootloader ?" screen. and on the terminal it say "erasing userdata". the first time i tried i let it like that for a good hour before force shutting off, and i tri again, froze every time.
I can acces to my stock recovery but i have an error "e failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)",
meanwhile, i can't boot :(

any idea to fix this ?

I've seen posts like this here and in other forums gleaned from fairly extensive searching. Nobody has an answer. I think it's a hardware problem, to be honest. The N7 2013 is plagued with them, it seems.

Can you still boot into Android? You could try to root via towelroot. From there, you could flash TWRP, or maybe unlock the bootloader with that app from the play store.

I would send it back to Google, if possible.

Last edited:

HowardZ

Apr 6, 2012
You can download the latest Google nexus image for your model tablet onto your pc.

Boot tablet into fastboot mode.

On the pc run the bat file to install the binaries, and after a few minutes the tablet will have latest factory bootloader, lte modem firmware, recovery, kitkat, and the tablet will have undergone a factory data reset.

Last edited:

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
You can download the latest Google nexus image for your model tablet onto your pc.

Boot tablet into fastboot mode.

On the pc run the bat file to install the binaries, and after a few minutes the tablet will have latest factory bootloader, lte modem firmware, recovery, kitkat, and the tablet will have undergone a factory data reset.
The OP states that he was unable to unlock the bootloader. I was unaware that you could "fastboot" flash any kind of image without an unlocked bootloader! ; )