[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shaun0207

Jan 8, 2008
B-more
Call Blocking

How do I block calls and text from a number with this ROM? I was able to do it before and now now I cant remember how to do it

holmern

Dec 21, 2010
Austin, TX
Tried using the ##DEBUG# code that is supposed to work on the GS3. Nothing happened and i'm thinking it is because of the custom ROM. Anyone have some more insight to this?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I built before the addition. Gonna release a maintenance build tonight with it and 4.1.2. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man that is like Christmas to my ears!! That was literally the only issue I had with this ROM. Keep up the awesome work KBizzle!!

rsaavedra

Dec 2, 2011
Gaithersburg
KBizzle,

Thank you for an outstanding product, totally awesome. As many others I experienced battery drain, disco ball effect (not sticking HW O after restart). My major complain (mine personally) I lost the cool simple smooth looking toggles which were replace with what appears to be the ICS toggles. Where can I find the toggles from to 2.16? Eventually I would like to move up to a newer version and rightfully will do so if its easier for me to change the toggle style on my own. How difficult would it be for to do so on my own? Is there a kitchen anywhere where perhaps I can change them? Thanks.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
KBizzle,

Thank you for an outstanding product, totally awesome. As many others I experienced battery drain, disco ball effect (not sticking HW O after restart). My major complain (mine personally) I lost the cool simple smooth looking toggles which were replace with what appears to be the ICS toggles. Where can I find the toggles from to 2.16? Eventually I would like to move up to a newer version and rightfully will do so if its easier for me to change the toggle style on my own. How difficult would it be for to do so on my own? Is there a kitchen anywhere where perhaps I can change them? Thanks.

The toggles were a PA change. You can change the toggle type to switches, which look more like AOKP toggles if you prefer. Not something I can control, while staying in line with paranoid changes. I have been using the newest 4.1.2 for 6 hours now and have not experienced the screen flicker. I'll keep watching out for it. As for battery drain, that is more than likely kernel related, so until cm is stable, you may not see a drastic improvement. Personally, I haven't seen a huge issue with battery on my end. I suggest trying other kernels or backing your cpu speed down to 1.2 ghz and i run interactive governor.

6edazeja.jpg

rsaavedra

Dec 2, 2011
Gaithersburg
The toggles were a PA change. You can change the toggle type to switches, which look more like AOKP toggles if you prefer. Not something I can control, while staying in line with paranoid changes. I have been using the newest 4.1.2 for 6 hours now and have not experienced the screen flicker. I'll keep watching out for it. As for battery drain, that is more than likely kernel related, so until cm is stable, you may not see a drastic improvement. Personally, I haven't seen a huge issue with battery on my end. I suggest trying other kernels or backing your cpu speed down to 1.2 ghz and i run interactive governor.

6edazeja.jpg

Thanks bro, I'm not knocking down the work and I do understand it is PA decision. I am extremely greatful to development team. I just personally think they are simple, clean and smooth which works for me. Do you know if there is a mod somewhere that I can flash with those old 2.16 toggle bar control? Or would anyone would be willing to create a flashable zip with the 2.16 toggle bar?

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Thanks K for the hard work, can't wait for the next release. I was a traitor yesterday as I flashed CM10 but quickly got rid of it in about 15 minutes as it was just not on he level of PA.

On a side note is there a fix for the torch toggle? It only works when you acutally turn it on from the app and then you can use the toggle (in reverse though, on is off and off is on).

THORMUNZ

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
How can I fix my SD card Apollo doesn't pick up music and I can't take pictures cuz it dsnt save since its to my SD card but I'm able to see it through file managers like root explorer but some how gallery nor music players doesn't pick it up only the ones that have folder search :/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Its a bug with CM10...hopefully there is a fix soon...when your in a call push volume up then down.usually fixes it temporary

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

This is now fixed. Can't wait till this is updated from the latest source.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

KBizzle, can you cherry pick the original power Widgets from CM so we can use one or the other? Black bean has something along these lines in the sense that both the cm power Widgets and aokp toggles are an option in the ROM.

rsaavedra

Dec 2, 2011
Gaithersburg
This is now fixed. Can't wait till this is updated from the latest source.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

KBizzle, can you cherry pick the original power Widgets from CM so we can use one or the other? Black bean has something along these lines in the sense that both the cm power Widgets and aokp toggles are an option in the ROM.

Yes that will be awesome and seems along the lines of what I'm looking for.

ht2791

Mar 22, 2009
I flashed from 2.17 with just wipe cache/dalvik to 2.18.

Has anyone had issues with swype not autospacing after each word in the browser? It auto spaces just fine in messenger and gmail.

I have screen rotate turned off on the toggle, but it still rotates apps. How do I disable rotation?

Also, a minor inconvenience- I saw that this was asked before but there was never an answer. Why doesn't checking disable hw overlay stick everytime I reboot?

Thanks.

ps. Also I'm still unable to set a custom image as a lockscreen wallpaper. It keeps the homescreen wallpaper (I set it to one of the PA wallpapers). Does anyone else have a solution?

Also is there no texting to a group under contacts? This defeats the purpose of even having groups if I can't text the group.

Thanks for the patience in replying, first rom i've flashed and it's great

Last edited:

holmern

Dec 21, 2010
Austin, TX
Anyone know if there is a dialer code that replaces #DEBUG## in this ROM? Seems like that is the standard dialer code for for the Debug menu on the S3 with TW and it does not work with PA.

mrnamster

Dec 7, 2007
I believe you'll need to flash a TW ROM to use those codes.

Nandroid, flash TW, debug, then restore nandroid.

neuteboomt

Apr 8, 2009
South Carolina
I flashed from 2.17 with just wipe cache/dalvik to 2.18.

Also, a minor inconvenience- I saw that this was asked before but there was never an answer. Why doesn't checking disable hw overlay stick everytime I reboot?

Thanks for the patience in replying, first rom i've flashed and it's great

HW Overlay will never survive a reboot.

Anyone know if there is a dialer code that replaces #DEBUG## in this ROM? Seems like that is the standard dialer code for for the Debug menu on the S3 with TW and it does not work with PA.

Dialer codes only work on TW.

dansan382

Dec 19, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
tried this rom yesterday on my friends phone. loaded everything fine, phone booted up and started restoring all his apps and what not. I go to turn on wifi and connect to our router and boom, the phone gets sent into an endless boot loop. i tried battery pulling, it finally goes in after countless loops and i let it sit for a good 15 seconds. go to turn on wifi again and boom, reboots like crazy. i wiped and wiped and then reflashed the ROM but nothing changed, just boot loops. i finally gave up and restored a backup i made.

im at work so i cant dig through a bajillion pages but i did some searching and cant figure out whats going on. this is the second ROM i tried to flash on his phone and they both had nothing but issues

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
tried this rom yesterday on my friends phone. loaded everything fine, phone booted up and started restoring all his apps and what not. I go to turn on wifi and connect to our router and boom, the phone gets sent into an endless boot loop. i tried battery pulling, it finally goes in after countless loops and i let it sit for a good 15 seconds. go to turn on wifi again and boom, reboots like crazy. i wiped and wiped and then reflashed the ROM but nothing changed, just boot loops. i finally gave up and restored a backup i made.

im at work so i cant dig through a bajillion pages but i did some searching and cant figure out whats going on. this is the second ROM i tried to flash on his phone and they both had nothing but issues

First question, might sound stupid, but I've seen it happen: Do you own a Sprint SGS3 or is it an SGS3 from a different carrier?

Sent from my seksi SGS3 using Tapatalk 2
>>on ParanoidAndroid 2.16 4.1.1 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

=>>Main Link

PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

FEATURES for PA 3+

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY

shots_12pk0x.png

ROM REVIEW AND TUTORIAL. (by raakaysh)

http://droidviews.com/2013/paranoidandroid-rom-3-review-tips-and-complete-walkthrough/

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][/FONT]Known issues:
    -Long Press HOME button doesn't start the Recent Apps Menu. (Will be fixed later)
    -Will need to add APN for data
    -To access keyboard you need to drop down the notification bar and select the box to access quick
    settings and in the Keyboard setting turn off the Hardware physical keyboard option.

--Signal only shows one bar
    --soft keys dont light up.---
    --galaxys3settings.pak is there but settings is not showing advance settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    [8/01/13][4.2.2] ParanoidAndroid 3.69, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.69

Created 2013-08-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-28
    I have free time this weekend and will be putting up a fresh build of pa u guys. Sorry real life got super busy as well as building a new apk for a client. Expect something very soon and not a port :D

XDA Moderator
    I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
    I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
    To
    debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
    To
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.