Sprint HTC One Max SIM Unlock WORKING!!!

Was your Device S-ON when performing this Unlock and Worked?

• Yes

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

XE-Cherokee

May 16, 2014
Update Android Drivers

Well that's the thing, I can't figure it out. Both firewater and rumrunner won't work for me. Firewater just stops working after the first bottle is chugging and Rumrunner gives me an error that i need to extract files. I've been working at trying to get s-off for about 8 hours now.

I had to update android drivers then try a new usb port then it worked fine using firewater and adb not rummrunner

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

I had previously done a sim unlock on my One Max using a stock rom! Now that I have put a custom rom on here do i need to redo the sim unlock?

DCWS6

Sep 17, 2011
Trying to find Skydragon 2.0 for Sprint download

Anyone know of a working link? Been looking throughout the day and all links are dead. Any help would be great.

azall

Nov 4, 2013
Thank's Mister! It's really work!

But work just original rom & with cwrp. On non-stock rom's i lost imei or orther data///

puneet_july30

Apr 11, 2008
Monterey, CA
Not able to use Sprint HTC One Max with Metro PCS

I GSM unlocked my HTC One Max, but Metro PCS guys refused to activate their sim on my number saying that this phone is blacklisted. But when I checked at Sprint site and swappa it was saying "Not Blacklisted". Can anyone help me in this??

jelofreaks

Mar 26, 2013
Las Piñas City
philippines

does these unlock method works in sim from philippines? i have htc one max from U.S. and brought here in philippines. i cannot use my sim. can someone help me?

coeugh

Apr 1, 2009
Unlock HTC One Sprint

Could someone post the procedure with pictures ? i dont know how to root this phone ? could someone explain to me what i should do step by step ?
I have an HTC One Sprint sim locked, and i need to unlock it
Could someone please help me ?

Regards.

minhajlk

Apr 14, 2011
Colombo
Motorola Atrix 2
Google Nexus 5
Confirm worked

iOKsjrw.jpg
What version are you on? I am on 4.4.3 s-on and it did not work but I am rooted. Any help, hint would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
Must the phone be S-OFF for this to work? I remember on a Sprint HTC One thread someone got it working with an odex ROM on S-ON, and I've done it as well and it worked. Can the same work with the Sprint Max with an odex ROM and S-ON? I'm still S-ON but bootloader unlocked, yet it's not working for me. The SIM Unlock Helper app just sits there without opening the place to tap simlock.

microssoft

May 21, 2013
cesarcel

Hello Guys, This is my first time Posting a Thread but this one is quite interesting.

Everyone knows that the HTC one Max from Sprint is Sadly Well Sim Locked, and the Verizon HTC one max is Unlocked straight from the factory due to FCC regulations. On Sprint devives, even when you put in the SIM Card, it won't ask for the Unlock Code. It says Invalid SIM and wont let you use it at all. But I have found the way to Sim Unlock the HTC One Max for Sprint. It's really almost the same way as on the HTC One but with a few more steps.

Step one is that you have to be Rooted. Now, I am not sure if you have to be S-OFF or S-ON but I am S-OFF so you might have to be S-OFF as well, but you guys can confirm that for me.

Next is you need the Following apps: Root Explorer, Sprint HTCOne SIMUnlock Helper. You Must install them before continuing. You can get these Apps from the Play Store.

After that, you need to download the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk File (I have attached the modded file in this Post). This file is the file that needs to be replaced from the one in your /system/app Directory. You need to Remove the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file first (Or Rename it) before you place the modded one in there. Once done, MAKE SURE that your permissions are set to rw-r-r and reboot. If you don't set the permissions right, it WILL not work.

After you replace the File, You are going to use the SIM Unlock Helper app next. After you select the app, it might say "Device Check Fail" in Big Red Letters. It might also say, "This Device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefor, this Program will not run". This is ok. What you want to do is click the 3 Menu Dots on the Upper Right hand side and Select "Display SIM Unlock Log". It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc. etc.

Next is you want to tap Start. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client. Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, reboot the phone (Although tapping Reboot might not work from the app itself)

Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

PLEASE NOTE!!! That you won't receive HSPA+ (4G LTE) Data, but you will only receive the 14.4Mbps HSPA Speeds. Talk, Text, and Data should work with no issues.

Please Confirm that it works. I will be posting some pics up later of the process.

Credit also goes to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Also, for those who are having a vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.

hermano, te cuento que me funciona 100% este tuto mil gracias. y no es necesario esta s-off :):laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys, This is my first time Posting a Thread but this one is quite interesting.

Everyone knows that the HTC one Max from Sprint is Sadly Well Sim Locked, and the Verizon HTC one max is Unlocked straight from the factory due to FCC regulations. On Sprint devives, even when you put in the SIM Card, it won't ask for the Unlock Code. It says Invalid SIM and wont let you use it at all. But I have found the way to Sim Unlock the HTC One Max for Sprint. It's really almost the same way as on the HTC One but with a few more steps.

Step one is that you have to be Rooted. Now, I am not sure if you have to be S-OFF or S-ON but I am S-OFF so you might have to be S-OFF as well, but you guys can confirm that for me.

Next is you need the Following apps: Root Explorer, Sprint HTCOne SIMUnlock Helper. You Must install them before continuing. You can get these Apps from the Play Store.

After that, you need to download the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk File (I have attached the modded file in this Post). This file is the file that needs to be replaced from the one in your /system/app Directory. You need to Remove the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file first (Or Rename it) before you place the modded one in there. Once done, MAKE SURE that your permissions are set to rw-r-r and reboot. If you don't set the permissions right, it WILL not work.

After you replace the File, You are going to use the SIM Unlock Helper app next. After you select the app, it might say "Device Check Fail" in Big Red Letters. It might also say, "This Device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefor, this Program will not run". This is ok. What you want to do is click the 3 Menu Dots on the Upper Right hand side and Select "Display SIM Unlock Log". It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc. etc.

Next is you want to tap Start. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client. Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, reboot the phone (Although tapping Reboot might not work from the app itself)

Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

PLEASE NOTE!!! That you won't receive HSPA+ (4G LTE) Data, but you will only receive the 14.4Mbps HSPA Speeds. Talk, Text, and Data should work with no issues.

Please Confirm that it works. I will be posting some pics up later of the process.

Credit also goes to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Also, for those who are having a vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.
    Confirm worked

iOKsjrw.jpg
    Nope. I can Still Connect to the Dual Band 5Ghz A, C, and N Channels just fine. Only issue there might be is the Force Closed issue on a App. But nothing major.

did you lose any functionality, like wifi N/AC, or anything else involving the radio?

thanks!
    Screenshots of my Phone

Here are some screenshots of my Sprint HTC one Max SIM Unlocked.
    Probably had to be on a Deodexed rom.