[Q] suggestions on roms and guides to get started.

Search This thread

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Sorry guys no time to use search.
Recently got a sgs 4 mini LTE (i9195) and was wondering what the best roms and tools are for her.
I'm pretty geeky so I like speed and stability and dark theme'd roms and just about any trick a device can pull off.
I mostly i'm and play fps games.

Please advise accordingly.
Thanks.

Last edited:

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
I really have no idea what to look for or how to get started at all.
If anyone thinks I'm going to start a troll war.. let me make it clear that I actually really like this device.
No idea what tools are safe.

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
:rolleyes:
Thanks for all the help.
Tried searching threads.

i'm on stock 4.2.2 and i still have no clue wtf to use.
All i want is to remove all the bloatware and get a nice kernel.

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Reactions: OmegaRED^

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
So will this fully invalidate my waranty?

That depends on your phone whether it has Knox flag or not. You can see this in the stock recovery, with a string called: 'KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0'

If you see such string, that means you phone has Knox, install a custom recovery will trigger and become 0x1 = warranty void.

If have knox and care about warranty and only want ROOT: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
If you don't have knox or don't care, than any other ROOT method with custom recovery can be used.

List or ROMs and Kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590976

I always prefer the Slimrom myself, as the name applies, it got the least app preinstalled.

Reactions: OmegaRED^

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
I'm using CyanogenMod, I can really recommend, it's really good. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
In the time it took you to write the first 3 posts you could easily have found the info by yourself ;)

Btw,I really like SlimKat - great battery and minimalistic - but if you like stock have a look at this rom and simply run the debloat script (should also be somewhere in there), else let me know and I will look for it in my bookmarks.

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Sorry if i seemed to waste time I did some searches,
But in the past on other devices, I have had some roms that were full of trojans and even a bootloader that was made to trash a phone.
So I'm ultra careful making sure I don't flash anything funny.

Top Liked Posts