[Q] Stuck on changing to the new bootloader/unable to mount external SD

Search This thread

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Hello.

I have some problems with changing to the new bootloader on my P990.

What I did so far:

I used the AiO toolkit, with step 4. All worked fine, my phone rebooted with the new pinkish LG logo. Then after that, AiO offers me a fix for the external SD - then my problem begins:

I plug it again on the USB, but the fixing tool does not continue and seems to be still waiting for the phone to enter recovery. It is already in the recovery mode and plugged to my USB, but the AiO seems not to find it.

Any ideas, what went wrong? After a little research, I found the standalone fixing tool in the toolkit, but if I use it, still the same problem as before.

PS: I found a thread, where someone had the same problem, but nothing in these posts helped.

Regards
Chris

Last edited:

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
You need to flash the older recovery 5.x.x.x. And it should work after that u change the recovery to what like

Phone: Lg Optimus 2x ( war turtle) League Of Legends nick : Wooby

Hi, that helped at least a little bit.

I flashed again to 5.0.2.8. as adviced, now the toolkit seems to recognize the phone (finally!). Then, after I click on "install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard, I still have to the error "E: Can't mount /sdcard/", even after trying the manual fix (which seemed to work on the first sight, as it displayed "SD-card is fixed").

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
So it worked?

Not really - as mentioned in my previous post, the fixing tool went through, but I still have the error "E: Can't mount /sdcard/"

It is really odd that the tool seems to work, but my phone still displays the error so I still can't access my external SD to flash a rom.

Wooby

Oh if u are in recovery maybe reboot it if not maybe your sd is dead

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Btw you can flash a newy rom from the internal storage just mount usb in recovery and get the files from pc to phone maybe this work

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

U need to select install zip from sdcard => install from internal storage

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Unfortunately, that did not help either.

I was able to mount the USB-storage. Then, I copied both files (new kernel file required for the CM11-rom, and the rom itself). I was able to install the new kernel, but after I tried to install the rom, I got a new error message:

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p990" || getprop("ro.build.device") == "p990"
E: Error in /emmc/cm-11-201140601-UNOFFICIAL-p990-bcm4329.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I also noticed that I have an error message while mounting the USB, even if it worked to mount the internal USB:

E:Unbale to write to ums lunfile for LUN 0 (no such file or directory).

Second error on the fixing tool, dunno if necessary to get a solution:

unmount: can't unmount /emmc: Device or resource busy
Formatting /emmc . . OK
Directory: external_ds . . created.

SD-Card is fixed.

But that does not work, still not mountable. I also tried flashing the "IntSD-MountFix" via zip from the internal sd. the program did run, but that did not help either...

Last edited:

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Yes, that's what I am hoping for. :)

I tried it again with returning to the old bootloader and then flashing again, but unfortunately, that delivered the same errors as before.

Sparkles SP

Jun 13, 2014
Dublin
This is the exact problem I'm having! I'm stuck in recovery now with no OS.. I tried flashing some gapps, just to see if it worked, and it worked fine.. I just can't seem to install roms!

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Indeed, the same problem. Did you try flashing a rom without sd-card plugged in? Perhaps the sd may have some problems, I can't test that atm.

Sparkles SP

Jun 13, 2014
Dublin
No, I'll try that now and let you know :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Nope, same error.. didn't work for me

Sparkles SP

Jun 13, 2014
Dublin
I tried one last night I think, and I got a status 0 error, it would start to install, but then fail, maybe it just wasn't compatible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uhm my problem is solved.. I'm not sure about Chris'.. and it wasn't a 10.1 that I used, I used an unofficial CM10.. I don't have the link to it, I'm sure if Chris installs a stock ROM and then re-roots it it should work :)
    yep [emoji106]

Wysłane z mojego Optimus2x