187 posts
Thanks Meter: 300

By RiverSource, Senior Member on 12th November 2011, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2011, 06:39 AM |#101  
Flag Capelle aan den IJssel
Thanks Meter: 706

More
I flashed zip from tar through CMW .. I think i have to fkash through Odin am I right??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

22nd November 2011, 07:40 AM |#102  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 17

More
exactly. u can use Mobile Odin lite version to flash this FM 1.2 Kernel.
22nd November 2011, 10:14 AM |#103  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshter2000

I flashed zip from tar through CMW .. I think i have to fkash through Odin am I right??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Tar should be flashed by Odin (pc or mobile version) and you must put the file PDA part in Odin

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
22nd November 2011, 11:04 AM |#104  
United Kingdom - Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This kernel provide better battery life! Thanks RiverSource.

BTW, Can you possibly add touch screen fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161262 and built-in CIFS for this module?
22nd November 2011, 11:20 AM |#105  
Russia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quick question - is it possible to flash this kernel on an unrooted Note with KK9 with Odin? Don't want to root yet, but still want to try this out.

Thanks!
22nd November 2011, 01:06 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xebec168

This kernel provide better battery life! Thanks RiverSource.

BTW, Can you possibly add touch screen fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161262 and built-in CIFS for this module?

Well, I cannot find the mentioned structure in the n7000 kernel. Also, we have a mxt540 touchscreen in our device while the sgs2 got a mxt224. Do you have testet if this offset also occurs on the note?
22nd November 2011, 04:32 PM |#107  
United Kingdom - Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diewi

Well, I cannot find the mentioned structure in the n7000 kernel. Also, we have a mxt540 touchscreen in our device while the sgs2 got a mxt224. Do you have testet if this offset also occurs on the note?

Diewi, sorry I dont know how to construct kernel, and I did not know note is using different touch screen.

However using Tegrak screen move test program it appeared that Note screen is not that sensitive. My wife i9100 with Siyah kernel's touch screen feels much more responsive. Hope this can befixed for note in future though!
22nd November 2011, 06:54 PM |#108  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,723

More
Quote:

Diewi, sorry I dont know how to construct kernel, and I did not know note is using different touch screen.

However using Tegrak screen move test program it appeared that Note screen is not that sensitive. My wife i9100 with Siyah kernel's touch screen feels much more responsive. Hope this can befixed for note in future though!

More likely the test program doesn't take into account our screens.
I find it incredibly sensititve
22nd November 2011, 08:08 PM |#109  
Russia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProzzaK

Quick question - is it possible to flash this kernel on an unrooted Note with KK9 with Odin? Don't want to root yet, but still want to try this out.

Thanks!

Please, guys, help me out - do I need to root to install this kernel, or can I just flash it over the stock KK9 with ODIN, will it mess up anything? Thanks! :)
22nd November 2011, 08:19 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProzzaK

do I need to root to install this kernel, or can I just flash it over the stock KK9 with ODIN, will it mess up anything? Thanks! :)

You don't need root. You can flash it with Odin. But be aware that the binary counter will increase and the yellow triangle will appear.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverSource For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RiverSource Ad-Free
22nd November 2011, 08:46 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSource

You don't need root. You can flash it with Odin. But be aware that the binary counter will increase and the yellow triangle will appear.

Better don't risk it. Just root with CF and flash this kernel afterwards. If you flash this kernel you will have root anyway AFAIK.

Quote:

I will have a look into it later on. We first need to figure out how they store these information in our kernels. Maybe the #defines in the corresponding files are responsible for the touchscreen behavior. But anyway some patience is necessary
The Following User Says Thank You to Diewi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Diewi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)