FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP] Linux-on-Android project (Complete Linux Installer)

2,889 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,816

Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2012, 08:03 PM |#101  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,182

More
Exclamation .
@razerblader

Please stop arguing with the OP, if you think there is some problem try to solve it with dev or mod in private, we are here to help.

15th April 2012, 09:03 PM |#102  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Likes: XDA,Coffee,Android,Beer Dislikes: No Beer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appkiller

Thanks it is working on samsung i9003 with lots of rom combination i mean in stock and custom roms

Glad to hear it
15th April 2012, 09:33 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacthespack

Your not entering a screen size but just pressing enter which gives all that info about vnc because your not passing it a screen size it gives errors and dosnt start

When it asks for a screen size (Second picture) enter your screens rez i.e 800x480 then press enter

thanks
16th April 2012, 06:24 AM |#104  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hello, I have installed chroot ubuntu on my transformer prime. I have the dock, wich has a usb connector. Android recognizes my 1 TB external harddrive I plug into it and has access to the files. The keyboard and mouse pad works also. Does anyone know if there is a way for ubuntu to get access to the files on my external hard drive also ?

Ok, thanks for everything :)
16th April 2012, 11:05 AM |#105  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangala_Dharma

Hello, I have installed chroot ubuntu on my transformer prime. I have the dock, wich has a usb connector. Android recognizes my 1 TB external harddrive I plug into it and has access to the files. The keyboard and mouse pad works also. Does anyone know if there is a way for ubuntu to get access to the files on my external hard drive also ?

Ok, thanks for everything :)

You will need to edit the boot script, where is your harddrive mounted in android? I can then add in the function to mount it, as im sure other people have this mount point to
16th April 2012, 10:38 PM |#106  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 36

More
ok, it's mounted as /Removable/USBdisk1/Drive1 ( I have 2 partitions on it, the other is Drive2 )

I don't know if you need all these sub directories to mount it, or if only with Removable you get the dependancies.

I tried to look on google how to mount usb external hard drive through chroot ubuntu, seems a bit complicated to find the info. I did not install your app to get chroot ubuntu, I found other way before ( androlinux.com) , so if you know the proper terminal commands that I need, either inside android or inside my vnc client's ubuntu session, I'll be happy for you to share them here. Of course, a script that would boot it all for me when I boot the chroot ubuntu would be nice, as in the androlinux.com thing I have to enter " bootubuntu" and " sh run.sh ", not too much complicated, but if I need many many lines of code -- I'd do it anyway; however..

Thanks,

Sent from my Transformer Prime using My Dog
16th April 2012, 10:44 PM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangala_Dharma

ok, it's mounted as /removable/USB1/disk1 ( I have 2 partitions on it, the other is disk 2 )

I don't know if you need all these sub directories to mount it..

I tried to look on google how to mount usb external hard drive through chroot ubuntu, seems a bit complicated to find the info. I did not install your app to get chroot ubuntu, I found other way before ( androlinux.com) , so if you know the proper terminal commands that I need, either inside android or inside my vnc client's ubuntu session, I'll be happy for you to share them here.

Thanks,

Sent from my Transformer Prime using My Dog

Ok well within my boot section is this section
Code:
##########################################
#Checks if you have a external sdcard    #
#and mounts it if you do                 #
##########################################
if [ -d /sdcard/external_sd ]; then
	busybox mount -o bind /sdcard/external_sd  $mnt/external_sd
fi
if [ -d /Removable/MicroSD ]; then
	busybox mount -o bind /Removable/MicroSD  $mnt/external_sd
fi
so what you will need to add into your boot script before reaching the final bash command is
Code:
busybox mount -o bind /removable/USB1/disk1 $mnt/USB1
however you will need to create the USB1 directory within your ubuntu build at the root of ubuntus file system while its booted before rebooting and mounting
The Following User Says Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zacthespack Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 02:57 PM |#108  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacthespack

Hardware keyboard work well, so long as they work with android, now I have my note I also have a bluetooth keyboard to use with it and it makes life so much easier when deving

I forgot to ask! How does performance of ubuntu on Galaxy Note compare to HTC Desire S shown in videos?
17th April 2012, 03:28 PM |#109  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscion

I forgot to ask! How does performance of ubuntu on Galaxy Note compare to HTC Desire S shown in videos?

I would say it is faster yes, by how much cant really tell but it is faster and more fluid
The Following User Says Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zacthespack Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 03:53 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for the great effort man.
I was looking for a convenient and decent (yes, yes, a S H O R T C U T, what's wrong with it ?) to use some linux flavor on my android tablet (Transformer tf101).
Your app is exactly what i've been looking for.
An application that allows someone to save time deserves some money, in my opinion.
To be honest and sincere , i'm also an iOS developer (gulp ! :) ).
I developed an app called "iCalenDayNext" that, practically speaking, is just a front-end allowing people to insert events (and reminders as free sms) in google calendar.
Has many features, so i also decided to put it at .99$ (or .79 €, i'm Italian).

Anyway. Keep up the good work.

I think, as suggestion, and quoting mrWax you should implement puppylinux or MacPupLinux (ubuntu compatible). Speed is important !
17th April 2012, 10:20 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi zacthespack,

I would like to know if this App will allow me to install ubuntu 11.10 with Unity 2D?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)