Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2012, 04:43 AM |#21  
Flag Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 301

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evall

I told you not to get me in that picture...

I can't wait to do more testing. (My boyfriend is amazing! He's currently working on getting the wifi to work)

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha welcome to XDA

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinimint For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Infinimint Ad-Free

jianC
12th May 2012, 05:05 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
zram script from EZTerry (I took out some lines and added one) It works with his 2.6.36.x series kernels.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# script adapted from EZTerry 

zsize=18
swappiness=30

#prepare vm subsystem
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
echo $swappiness > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
echo 140 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure

#setup compcache
echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
echo $(($zsize * 1024 * 1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

exit 0
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
12th May 2012, 05:18 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 834

More
made a mistake with the mtdpartmap.txt file in the op.. (i usually use v1.5.9, so i didnt notice). its now fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvall Ad-Free
12th May 2012, 11:41 AM |#24  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Wowww!!my respect for you tvall...
Great job!!
Download...

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk (CM7 nightly)
12th May 2012, 04:29 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall

I have a mytouch 3g 1.2. It has more ram. So... if it works for me it might or might not work on a regular 32b device

You are correct. I checked the specs of both phones side by side, and the G1 has 198mib of RAM while your phone the MyTouch 3g 1.2 has almost 100 megs of Ram more standing at 288mib of RAM.

So in my conclusion if this actually does get running on the G1 its going to be really struggling. Actually to quote some one on another ICS rom (cant remember who) but the G1 will be begging for mercy.

On a somewhat unrelated note... why havent i seen this on the HTC Heroc? which has 512mib of RAM.
12th May 2012, 05:25 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinimint

Hahaha welcome to XDA

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I feel so welcomed.

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk 2
12th May 2012, 05:32 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e334

zram script from EZTerry (I took out some lines and added one) It works with his 2.6.36.x series kernels.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# script adapted from EZTerry 

zsize=18
swappiness=30

#prepare vm subsystem
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
echo $swappiness > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
echo 140 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure

#setup compcache
echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
echo $(($zsize * 1024 * 1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

exit 0

In the performance settings there is already options for zram if I remember correctly.
12th May 2012, 05:36 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_camacho

On a somewhat unrelated note... why havent i seen this on the HTC Heroc? which has 512mib of RAM.

Because... I don't have a heroc? If I had one I'd be much more willing to work on a port for is since it'll likely work much better (I run ics on my optimus v, which has 512mb ram and a 600mhz msm7x27 CPU). But I thought the hero had ics already..
12th May 2012, 06:49 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall

Because... I don't have a heroc? If I had one I'd be much more willing to work on a port for is since it'll likely work much better (I run ics on my optimus v, which has 512mb ram and a 600mhz msm7x27 CPU). But I thought the hero had ics already..

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way, i wasn't being trying to be disrespectful.
I was just asking kind of in general.
And yes you're right we do have ICS, but its not Cyanogenmod 9. That's what I'm waiting for. Ive tried the ICS roms for hero, and they run ok, but like i said im waiting for CM9.
As for porting this to the hero I'd be supper willing, but unfortunately I've tried porting roms with 0% success rate. I followed some guides but when i look deeper none of the guides are really 100% complete. There's always something missing from the guide. But im gonna keep trying if i can manage ill post back to ask your permission to try and port this over, cause i wont touch this without your permission.

Great job on this keep up the awesome work.
12th May 2012, 08:27 PM |#30  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
great work tvall...really an awesome job...gnna try it soon enough
12th May 2012, 08:51 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_camacho

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way, i wasn't being trying to be disrespectful.
I was just asking kind of in general.
And yes you're right we do have ICS, but its not Cyanogenmod 9. That's what I'm waiting for. Ive tried the ICS roms for hero, and they run ok, but like i said im waiting for CM9.
As for porting this to the hero I'd be supper willing, but unfortunately I've tried porting roms with 0% success rate. I followed some guides but when i look deeper none of the guides are really 100% complete. There's always something missing from the guide. But im gonna keep trying if i can manage ill post back to ask your permission to try and port this over, cause i wont touch this without your permission.

Great job on this keep up the awesome work.

I know you weren't being disrespectful, I was trying to say if I somehow got a heroc I would gladly work on a build for it. And the heroc port would work better because I could borrow from the current ics port, and the hardware is just better

If you really want a cm9 port, I could drop the device and vendor files from the ics port into my cm9 tree and make it build. But I can't test myself until I get a heroc (donations welcome). Check your pm, you should like what you see
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)