Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2012, 10:15 PM |#101  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npoon

Thanks osowiecki. The firmware was updated to 1.2.1 through B&N automatically before rooted. I used NookManager rooted NST a few times as I tried to get a replacement for DroidSansFallback.ttf with Chinese characters (it didn't work well after all so I rooted again using original DroidSansFallback.ttf provided by NookManager).

I tried to install FBReader through Amazon store but got nowhere. It didn't prompt me any error. So I attempted sideloading its APK on SD Card. This time I got an error of insufficient space.

Any idea?

Honestly I don't know if I can handle Gscript.

1. Adb install [apk name] should work no matter what.

2. Try to do this, root again and report back whether or not it helped.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=88

If it does not help ask "jeff_kz" or "dq11" for help.
I don't have my "nook" anywhere near me so I can't perform any testing.

P.S
You do know how to set up ADB on Nook's side?
- connect to your wifi network
- run 'Konnekt' apk
- push connect button
On PC
- run cmd
- navigate to the folder that contains adb.exe
- adb.exe connect 192.168.1.xx
- adb.exe shell
- exit
- copy desired.apk to adb's folder.
- adb.exe install desired.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free

26th December 2012, 10:34 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

2. Try to do this, root again and report back whether or not it helped.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=88

Thx so much, osowiecki.

I tried rooting it again and found one message I overlooked before. Not sure if it is critical: "ModManager not available for 1.2.1" as my NST is 1.2.1.

Still can't install APK.

I will try ADB and let you know if I have any issue.
27th December 2012, 12:30 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

You do know how to set up ADB on Nook's side?
- connect to your wifi network
- run 'Konnekt' apk
- push connect button
On PC
- run cmd
- navigate to the folder that contains adb.exe
- adb.exe connect 192.168.1.xx
- adb.exe shell
- exit
- copy desired.apk to adb's folder.
- adb.exe install desired.apk

I was able to use adb mostly following your instruction. I added one step "adb start-server" before connect. Thanks a lot!
27th December 2012, 04:03 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just used this program to restore my NST to factory settings, and then root. Worked great.

However, when I load the Amazon Store app, and search for Kindle, the Kindle App doesn't come up. How do I get it to show up in the Amazon App Store?
27th December 2012, 04:10 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barchamb

Just used this program to restore my NST to factory settings, and then root. Worked great.

However, when I load the Amazon Store app, and search for Kindle, the Kindle App doesn't come up. How do I get it to show up in the Amazon App Store?

You can't. The version on the Amazon Store isn't compatible with the NST. You'll need to use an older version that is. See this post for a version that will probably work. You'll need to sideload it with ADB.
The Following User Says Thank You to straygecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straygecko Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 04:45 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoday

You can't. The version on the Amazon Store isn't compatible with the NST. You'll need to use an older version that is. See this post for a version that will probably work. You'll need to sideload it with ADB.

Well, there ya go. Thanks. That worked great.
27th December 2012, 10:12 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

No piracy on XDA.
Go ask somewhere else.

Edit :

Sorry.. I misunderstood the question.

Have you tried using Titanium Backup?

If it would not work then I have a question.
Is it legal to "crack" apk using for eg. 'Lucky Patcher' if I already bought it on my other device?

I managed to use titanium backup and all us well. I installed titanium, transfered the entire backup folder, and now I can restore any of my paid apps.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
2nd January 2013, 04:02 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I want to get android market running. Therefore after installing NookManager 0.5 I installed GlowNooter 1.12.25.

After applying both I can get market running. However the web surfing app "Opera Mini" doesn't work anymore.

Is there a way to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.
2nd January 2013, 04:07 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 627

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonma

I want to get android market running. Therefore after installing NookManager 0.5 I installed GlowNooter 1.12.25.

After applying both I can get market running. However the web surfing app "Opera Mini" doesn't work anymore.

Is there a way to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

FWIW I use Opera Mobile in lieu of Opera Mini as I found the latter very buggy on my rooted NST.
3rd January 2013, 07:21 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I have a Nook Simple Touch 1.2 with NookManager installed. I have never got on well with ADB and have always ended up installing huge programs (ADB + SDK) on my PC that never seem to connect to whichever Android device I am trying to modify. I was hoping to be able to use SnapPea to handle installations but it reports that the Nook does not have debugging mode enabled. Is there a way to do this?

Would it work if I added any apk's I wanted installed to \files\data\app\ in the NookManager image then flashed it?

Also, the version of Amazon Appstore installed gives an error message saying that it is not available in my region (UK) but it runs perfectly well on my other devices. Is it the US version that is installed with NookManager?

Thanks
3rd January 2013, 02:29 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl99

I have a Nook Simple Touch 1.2 with NookManager installed. I have never got on well with ADB and have always ended up installing huge programs (ADB + SDK) on my PC that never seem to connect to whichever Android device I am trying to modify. I was hoping to be able to use SnapPea to handle installations but it reports that the Nook does not have debugging mode enabled. Is there a way to do this?

Would it work if I added any apk's I wanted installed to \files\data\app\ in the NookManager image then flashed it?

Also, the version of Amazon Appstore installed gives an error message saying that it is not available in my region (UK) but it runs perfectly well on my other devices. Is it the US version that is installed with NookManager?

Thanks

I have this same problem with the amazon appstore. Would also appreciate a response. I'm considering flashing back to 1.1 and re-rooting to get market working.

Have you tried wireless adb? that works for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)