11th December 2012, 06:49 PM |#11  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Originally Posted by asprin
if i try to install apk (Cool Reader) i got an error window "Out of space"

You get this error when you try to install application from an .apk file on sdcard or when you try to update application via it's built in updater.
ADB install works fine.

Quote:

Good suggestion, I've added ES File Explorer

I use
Rhythm Software - File Manager
http://rhmsoft.com/?p=96

11th December 2012, 08:10 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

You get this error when you try to install application from an .apk file on sdcard or when you try to update

I'm not able to replicate this: I can copy coolreader to my sd card, and install it from there with no problems using ES File Explorer or ReLaunch. Maybe you really do have a disk space issue. Try openinng an adb shell and run "df -h" to see disk usage on your mounted partitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobamoba

maybe add ES File Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

I use Rhythm Software - File Manager

It turns out you can install apks using the file browser in ReLaunch, so I'll be removing ES File Explorer in any future versions.
11th December 2012, 08:48 PM |#13  
Flag Krefeld
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_kz

I'm not able to replicate this: I can copy coolreader to my sd card, and install it from there with no problems using ES File Explorer or ReLaunch. Maybe you really do have a disk space issue. Try openinng an adb shell and run "df -h" to see disk usage on your mounted partitions.
It turns out you can install apks using the file browser in ReLaunch, so I'll be removing ES File Explorer in any future versions.

Thx for respond, mate, I tried install with file browser in ReLaunch from sd card, and i cant imagine that can be space issue cause i just start procedure after factory reset and rooting, anyway, thanks for tip, will try tomorrow install new build, and adb install. In general great work you did
11th December 2012, 08:57 PM |#14  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

df :

/dev: 116452K total, 0K used, 116452K available (block size 4096)
/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)
/rom: 16116K total, 227K used, 15888K available (block size 512)
/system: 285583K total, 210922K used, 74661K available (block size 1024)
/data: 824424K total, 304344K used, 520080K available (block size 4096)
/cache: 237987K total, 4179K used, 233808K available (block size 1024)
/media: 245484K total, 40K used, 245444K available (block size 4096)
/sdcard: 31149680K total, 6924320K used, 24225360K available (block size 16384)

Are you using UK or US Nook?
I'm on US Nook FW 1.2 + v176 kernel
11th December 2012, 11:33 PM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 180

More
I'm able to reproduce the apk install problems now. The "Not enough free space" error is what android throws when the internal PackageManager can't create the temporary apk file. In this case, it turns out that it's a permissions-related read error from the sdcard. I don't know if this is a matter of the internal PackageManager not running with elevated permissions, or if it's that the sdcard is mounted too restrictively.

If I re-mount the sdcard without the restrictive permissions, I can install apks from the sdcard without any errors:
Code:
umount /sdcard
mount -t vfat /dev/block//vold/179:17 /sdcard
If anyone else has any ideas for making this work, I'm open to any suggestions. In the meantime, "adb install" works just fine for installing packages.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff_kz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeff_kz Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 11:54 PM |#16  
Flag Wales
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I really suggest grabbing Android Commander if you're new to adb to graphically install apps.
12th December 2012, 03:35 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Thanks for reporting this. There was a glitch with the script that formats the SD card and with the wifi loading. Both issues have been fixed in the latest release.

Thanks for the quick update. I'm going to try it out now and will report back. I'm very excited

It works! Thanks so much for this! Very easy way to root and backup.
12th December 2012, 06:20 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
With your tool now I use this to read comics, RSS and books. First I need to say thank you.

I installed "D7 Google Reader" and "Google Drive" which requires Google Login. How could I use this software? Thanks

Also I installed version 0.2, I saw 0.3 comes out. Can I just update 0.2 to 0.3 directly? Thanks
12th December 2012, 07:50 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
so glad I decided to check the nook thread. Finally BN apps gone . Thank You
12th December 2012, 08:59 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
hi all, anyone have test factory reset on nstg US ? my backup is corrupt.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7100 avec Tapatalk
12th December 2012, 09:24 AM |#21  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If I re-mount the sdcard without the restrictive permissions, I can install apks from the sdcard without any errors:

Code:
umount /sdcard
mount -t vfat /dev/block//vold/179:17 /sdcard
If anyone else has any ideas for making this work, I'm open to any suggestions. In the meantime, "adb install" works just fine for installing packages.

Have you tried to add these 2 lines to

/system/bin/clrbootcount.sh
?

EDIT :

# umount /sdcard
failed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)