[WinApp][Updated 28 April] Android x86 Easy Installer

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 300

Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2013, 06:20 PM |#11  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 93

More
But i am not able to boot it when starting my pc it's giving me the option to boot android or windows 7 ,when i try to boot android a black screen appears and then same options.i installed latest android x86 4.2.2 pls help

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

22nd April 2013, 02:18 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for the file.

Yes I am using GRUB. Actually, Windows XP occupies my first partition. My other partitions are populated by Ubuntu, Pear 6, Zorin 6, and Fedora 17. (in that order) We all know that these operating systems use GRUB2 and I installed each operating system's own grub in their own respective partitions (as you will see why later). The next partition is DATA. After that dwells Oracle Solaris 11 which uses GRUB 0.79. Since Oracle uses the ZFS filesystem, I thought that its not a good idea to have Linux GRUB2 boot Solaris partition since it does not recognize ZFS. In fact these systems cannot find the ZFS partition. So I decided to install Oracle last. Oracle's GRUB 0.79 on the other hand can readily "see" the Windows partition but also cannot see the Linux operating systems. However I found a way to boot them all using Oracle's GRUB 0.79. I chainloaded all of them from my Solaris menu.lst. And since I installed each Linux's own GRUB2 in their local partition, GRUB 0.79 simply chainloads booting to the GRUB2 of whichever Linux OS I choose. As I mentioned in my previous post, from GRUB2 I found a way to boot Android_x86 (on the hard drive partition copied from an SD card partition) and it worked. However, Android's kernel won't continue loading after the kernel and initrd, since it does not detect any of my hard drives. (I think) It only continues loading if it detects a flash drive or an SD card inserted. (and android is installed on that removable disk)

I am yet to try reinstalling using the Easy Installer. I will update you. Thank you very much

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Okay I tried over again. I followed your instructions and just to be safe, I also put a copy of menu_VESA.lst to the folder where the installer is located. (There is already a menu.lst in that folder from the Grub4dos package that I downloaded). Good news...it is no longer looking for menu_VESA.lst, so that satisfies it. Now however at the point where status says "Creating Android boot" an error window pops up: "System cannot find the file specified" and then halts installation. This time I do not know which file it is looking for. I have the iso image properly selected, the install destination has been selected (drive G:\ - a newly formatted 30GB NTFS partition) and User Data was set to 10GB. Now I do not know what file it is looking for. By the way, I downloaded and unzipped in the same directory of the Easy Installer a Grub4dos package since it was looking for these files. What do you think? Thanks for any help you could extend me.
23rd April 2013, 05:33 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by joarrafe

Okay I tried over again. I followed your instructions and just to be safe, I also put a copy of menu_VESA.lst to the folder where the installer is located. (There is already a menu.lst in that folder from the Grub4dos package that I downloaded). Good news...it is no longer looking for menu_VESA.lst, so that satisfies it. Now however at the point where status says "Creating Android boot" an error window pops up: "System cannot find the file specified" and then halts installation. This time I do not know which file it is looking for. I have the iso image properly selected, the install destination has been selected (drive G:\ - a newly formatted 30GB NTFS partition) and User Data was set to 10GB. Now I do not know what file it is looking for. By the way, I downloaded and unzipped in the same directory of the Easy Installer a Grub4dos package since it was looking for these files. What do you think? Thanks for any help you could extend me.

I think i have to add Logging feature to the Installer, this will help alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay.mehta9

But i am not able to boot it when starting my pc it's giving me the option to boot android or windows 7 ,when i try to boot android a black screen appears and then same options.i installed latest android x86 4.2.2 pls help

Can you tell me model of your Graphics Card ? or if you have kind of switchable graphics.

Thank you All
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGTX Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 06:55 PM |#14  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 93

More
This method is not worked in my desktop and i used android x86 .org method android is working but my Windows 7 is not booting bootmgr missing

23rd April 2013, 07:17 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More

Thank you for the file.

Yes I am using GRUB. Actually, Windows XP occupies my first partition.
Now however at the point where status says "Creating Android boot" an error window pops up: "System cannot find the file specified" and then halts installation.

That's True, the file is: bcdedit.exe which isn't included in Windows XP because it uses NTLDR not Windows Boot Manager.

The Installer Works with Windows Vista/7/8

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGTX Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 07:24 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay.mehta9

This method is not worked in my desktop and i used android x86 .org method android is working but my Windows 7 is not booting bootmgr missing

i never used androidx86.org method before, but for my installer it can't mess up any boot data.
23rd April 2013, 07:32 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao23704955

HELLO
I don't know why when i press Install Now
it appears a window

---------------------------

Error Occured:
StartIndex 不可以小於零。

參數名稱: startIndex
確定

what is it??

sorry i don't know about this problem

EDIT: After using Google Translator
there is a problem with bcdedit.exe

can you give more info about OS, Android ISO etc.
Thank you
24th April 2013, 02:38 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 723

More
I will try to get this working on linux, ive installed android x86 on my laptop/tablet next to linux mint but when booting android it said something about the kernel not loading, hopefully this fixes it

sony xperia ray
ics 4.0.4 rooted
stock rom
24th April 2013, 04:31 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGTX

That's True, the file is: bcdedit.exe which isn't included in Windows XP because it uses NTLDR not Windows Boot Manager.

The Installer Works with Windows Vista/7/8

Thank you

Okay, so does this mean that the installer works only with Windows Boot Manager and not with NTLDR? The way I understand it, the installer also invokes grub4dos to boot android_x86. From what I know, boot.ini can be edited to accommodate alternate booting with grub4dos and this is compatible with NTLDR right? What my Oracle Solaris GRUB 0.79 does is that it chainloads to the Windows partition thereby transferring control to NTLDR. Then, NTLDR via boot.ini, can boot grub4dos which in turn could boot Android_x86. I think this could work.

However, I want to know if simply supplying the bcdedit.exe will continue the installation of Android_x86 and afterwards I can just manually edit grub4dos' menu.lst? Also, what other files (not included in your installer) should I have on hand to satisfy a complete install? Thanks for your reply.
24th April 2013, 06:46 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

I will try to get this working on linux, ive installed android x86 on my laptop/tablet next to linux mint but when booting android it said something about the kernel not loading, hopefully this fixes it

sony xperia ray
ics 4.0.4 rooted
stock rom

Can you give more info please, what is the main Boot Manager (NTLDR/WindowsBootMan/GRUB), what is the version of Windows ?

Quote:

Okay, so does this mean that the installer works only with Windows Boot Manager and not with NTLDR? The way I understand it, the installer also invokes grub4dos to boot android_x86. From what I know, boot.ini can be edited to accommodate alternate booting with grub4dos and this is compatible with NTLDR right? What my Oracle Solaris GRUB 0.79 does is that it chainloads to the Windows partition thereby transferring control to NTLDR. Then, NTLDR via boot.ini, can boot grub4dos which in turn could boot Android_x86. I think this could work.

However, I want to know if simply supplying the bcdedit.exe will continue the installation of Android_x86 and afterwards I can just manually edit grub4dos' menu.lst? Also, what other files (not included in your installer) should I have on hand to satisfy a complete install? Thanks for your reply.

thanks for this info.
I wasn't implement support of NTLDR, because i think a lot of people are using new Versions like Vista/7/8

just copying bcdedit.exe will not solve the problem, because bcdedit.exe is just boot config editor not the Boot Manager itself

Thank you
24th April 2013, 08:41 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGTX

Can you give more info please, what is the main Boot Manager (NTLDR/WindowsBootMan/GRUB), what is the version of Windows?

Thats the point, i use linux mint 14 i am trying to get this tool from you running in WINE , my grub version is 2.
When i get it to work ill tell you how and then you can (if you want to) add it to the op so other linux users can use it.

sony xperia ray
ics 4.0.4 rooted
stock rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)