FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kitkat][Nightlies] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Defy(+)

1,318 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,847

Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2017, 02:23 PM |#7911  
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haichiotti

i installed resize.zip and new_bootstrap.zip from TWRP and rooted from there , after rebooting i tried to get into the new recovery by pressing the recovery button during boot. phone wouldnt react to it. also the phone wouldnt boot into stock android 2.3.6 which was already on the phone. so reflashed stock using rsdlite but afterwards stock android wont boot . its stuck in an endless loop showing the motorola boot sign. several attempts of flashing different stock roms led to the same issue . how can i fix this ?

Edit: just fixed it during factory reset and cache wipe from stock recovery.

if you resize you can't boot into stock android afterwards => your device is cleaned ...

30th March 2017, 02:52 PM |#7912  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielletseed

if you resize you can't boot into stock android afterwards => your device is cleaned ...

i rooted stock and installed cm10.1 including twrp and installed the resize and new_boostrap.zip again from twrp. at that point cm10.1 not working anymore is not even the problem, it is rather that i cant access twrp anymore because new_boostrap.zip and resize.zip seem to mess up twrp . the phone boots with the motorola sign and at the bottom left corner it says "recovery" but the phone freezes there and is unresponsive to whatever i do.
so reflashing stock android is the only option i have from there, which worked after doing factory/cache reset from stock recovery.

Edit: upgrading to twrp 2.6.3.0 resolved all issues
The Following User Says Thank You to haichiotti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haichiotti Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 08:27 PM |#7913  
Port Jupiter
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Android GO is here . If some one gives it a hand . Defy will rise like a phoenix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vai0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vai0 Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 05:24 AM |#7914  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vai0

Android GO is here . If some one gives it a hand . Defy will rise like a phoenix.

Please go ahead
18th May 2017, 12:58 PM |#7915  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vai0

Please keep Bravo users in mind if this moves forward

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs
18th May 2017, 04:02 PM |#7916  
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
If only Quarx would return... We could use his wizardry right now.
17th June 2017, 02:00 PM |#7917  

More
Any link?all the links of quarx i not access with firefox

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Defy.ZIP are down
The Following User Says Thank You to laharl_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laharl_22 Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 03:14 PM |#7918  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laharl_22

Any link?all the links of quarx i not access with firefox

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Defy.ZIP are down

Check out post #7908.
The Following User Says Thank You to fuchrist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fuchrist Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 03:18 PM |#7919  

More
Thanks and there are a link for 3.0 kernel?
5th July 2017, 09:10 PM |#7920  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmiki75

I installed cm-11-20141027-EXPERIMENTAL-kernel3.0-mb526.zip foe my Defy, from TWRP.
It seems to be fast, but every restart, the phone forget every settings, and want to set up from the language settings
I want to install any ROM, but i unable to enter the recovery.
Power ON, and volume down is show a ! dead android.
Any other way to enter recovery?

Where did you find that zip?
12th July 2017, 05:27 PM |#7921  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
And just gonna flash it on my newly bought Defy+, it's still the best phone in this segment: a little watertight, it's perfect for the summer when it suits every tiniest pocket
Please, indicate which version it is worth to flash to have the best result nowadays and energetically too: the least amount of wakelocks?

As now have JellyBean from another thread installed. Any real improvement in everyday using of this phone could I expect after changing to this KittyKat?
Please, advise.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband switcher, led, quarx for world emperor, quarx is still a god

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)