FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM 2.3.7][HTC DREAM] Infinite dreams [Final - 7.1.2014]

400 posts
Thanks Meter: 944

Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2015, 12:53 AM |#21  
I just flashed this rom to test if my G1 is still alive. And so it does
How can I get rid of the data in the statusbar?

20th February 2015, 07:16 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I just buy an htc dream, the phone have installed android 1.6, and I want to install this rom. I read and read forums and topics, but I dont know how to do the first step: root the phone and install a recovery.
Someone could help me? thanks.
21st February 2015, 10:27 AM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,341

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce92

Hello, I just buy an htc dream, the phone have installed android 1.6, and I want to install this rom. I read and read forums and topics, but I dont know how to do the first step: root the phone and install a recovery.
Someone could help me? thanks.

Have a look through the first part of my "G1 Oracle" you'll probably find this guide most helpful as its the most recent and extensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 02:10 AM |#24  

More
I hate to kick up an old thread like this, but this thread was one of the very rare in which the original ROM links still worked.

I "bricked" my G1 years ago trying to do something with it, dropped it into a drawer and forgot about it.

Recently decided to give it a go, found out I got as far as installing a "recover" it think its called? Anywho, flashed the SPL and then this ROM. Takes ages to boot the first time, then boots to a fairly ordinary setup screen, but that's as far as it goes. There's the "touch android to continue" screen, which is actually the infinite dreams logo, which highlights slight when touched, but nothing else happens.

See Gyf:

gfycat.com<slash>BiodegradableFortunateDuckbillpla typus

Anyone have any advice? I'm not apposed to going back to a stock rom either, but it seems like every ROM thread/link/blog/etc has dropped into the ether never to be seen again.
4th January 2017, 08:01 PM |#25  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,341

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosratt

I hate to kick up an old thread like this, but this thread was one of the very rare in which the original ROM links still worked.

I "bricked" my G1 years ago trying to do something with it, dropped it into a drawer and forgot about it.

Recently decided to give it a go, found out I got as far as installing a "recover" it think its called? Anywho, flashed the SPL and then this ROM. Takes ages to boot the first time, then boots to a fairly ordinary setup screen, but that's as far as it goes. There's the "touch android to continue" screen, which is actually the infinite dreams logo, which highlights slight when touched, but nothing else happens.

See Gyf:

gfycat.com<slash>BiodegradableFortunateDuckbillpla typus

Anyone have any advice? I'm not apposed to going back to a stock rom either, but it seems like every ROM thread/link/blog/etc has dropped into the ether never to be seen again.

I vaguely remember a similar problem. Best advice would be to make sure your device is set up as close as possible to the device spec in the OP, most importantly I'd recommend using AmonRA recovery as that could make a big difference with partitions I think. Feel free to ask any questions if you don't understand what I've said. @demkantor is better explaining things than I am if he still knocks around here.
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 11:32 PM |#26  

More
I'm fairly certain I already have that, see attached photo. Tumbling down the "AmonRa recovery" google rabbit hole leads me to this thread, which I think I already have installed, given the name on my boot loader/recovery tool.

I did see in another thread that someone "had to flash it twice", but no more info on the specific process, like did they wipe or boot between flashes at all, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_182504_resized.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	3990814  
12th January 2017, 05:42 AM |#27  
@chaosratt
Can you post everything it says in hboot (,bootloader) here

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th January 2017, 01:20 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

@chaosratt

Hi guys I decided to give my G1 one last chance with this ROM but canĀ“t get past Bootlogo. I have followed all instructions and partitioned my SD card accordingly. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk
17th January 2017, 03:21 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

@chaosratt

I'm not sure what you mean by hboot.
17th January 2017, 05:46 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosratt

I'm not sure what you mean by hboot.

Hboot, bootloader, SPL, often interchangeable ways to describe the bootloader screen on the G1
Hold camera while powering on

In the OP of this thread it will list criteria that needs to be met in order to flash this ROM, make sure radio and SPL match as well as partitions on sdcard
14th April 2017, 11:41 AM |#31  

More
I also wanted to give this ROM a try on my old G1, but to me it seems the download link for the ROM is broken. Anyone have an up-to-date link?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)