Tethering VIA USB - Install and troubleshooting

1,403 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By add3421, Senior Member on 7th November 2008, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th December 2008, 03:58 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone manage to get Vista 64 to recognize the phone ? So far, no luck getting V64 to recognize the usb_windows.zip driver. =/

7th December 2008, 04:18 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmod

Anyone manage to get Vista 64 to recognize the phone ? So far, no luck getting V64 to recognize the usb_windows.zip driver. =/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446274
8th December 2008, 12:15 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm doing everything correctly, but I don't get internet on the PC.

I know adb tools work ok.
I do all the steps by the book.

How do I verify each step? (or just verify the step prior firefox)

I wouldn't want to use the iptables way, as it requires too much work each time I want to connect...

(I'm on linux, and G1 is connected to the wifi network)
10th December 2008, 10:03 AM |#24  
Flag Austin

More
Has anyone else been experiencing very choppy internet?
I occasionally get absolutely no internet, and then seconds later my internet connection returns. I believe i have solid signal here, so I don't think it's a problem with signal.
Is it a problem with t-mobile or just the fact that the proxy method is unreliable?
19th December 2008, 06:32 AM |#25  
Flag Yonkers
Thanks Meter: 1

More
vista too...
Got it working, but I guess that it is only working so far for just firefox? No wow or something like that or at least not yet right? Great work though graham!!
22nd December 2008, 05:40 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
so is this an internet sharing?

connects to 3g and wifi also??
31st December 2008, 06:16 PM |#27  
los angeles, CA

More
i got mine to work last night...i was stumped until i installed the foxyproxy add-on. after that, it took about 5 seconds to get up and running.

thanks graham and everyone else who offered assistance!
31st December 2008, 08:11 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Use Socks Proxy for DNS Lookup - Tetherbot
This is a great little app. I had an issue where my webpages wouldn't load. I went into the "Global Settings" of FoxyProxy and checked "Use Socks Proxy for DNS Lookup." After that, it worked like a champ.

Thanks!
5th January 2009, 11:19 PM |#29  

More
Can this be done in Internet Explorer? I do not use Firefox.

If so, can someone explain. Thanks.
6th January 2009, 12:51 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleezy

Can this be done in Internet Explorer? I do not use Firefox.

If so, can someone explain. Thanks.

FoxyProxy is just a firefox Add-on used to configure multiple proxies. Quite powerfull I must say, with regex supports etc.

SOCKS is a particular type of proxy (not just HTTP/FTP).

The problem (after a little googling), seems to be that IE does not know how to pass DNS request to the SOCKS server, it tries to resolve locally (as it was mandatory in early version of socks, until socks4 I think, old stuff). You need to find a way to tell IE to make the DNS resolution via the proxy, or maybe use an external socks client (see http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS#clients_SOCKS, sorry it's in french but the client list use english terms, and there is no such info on the english page).

Or maybe there is a socks client service in windows, available somewhere in TCP/IP options (chech your nic options).

Sorry, I can't test or do further research : I don't have windows...
6th January 2009, 03:39 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodens2099

FoxyProxy is just a firefox Add-on used to configure multiple proxies. Quite powerfull I must say, with regex supports etc.

SOCKS is a particular type of proxy (not just HTTP/FTP).

The problem (after a little googling), seems to be that IE does not know how to pass DNS request to the SOCKS server, it tries to resolve locally (as it was mandatory in early version of socks, until socks4 I think, old stuff). You need to find a way to tell IE to make the DNS resolution via the proxy, or maybe use an external socks client (see http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS#clients_SOCKS, sorry it's in french but the client list use english terms, and there is no such info on the english page).

Or maybe there is a socks client service in windows, available somewhere in TCP/IP options (chech your nic options).

Sorry, I can't test or do further research : I don't have windows...

Thanks, if anyone else can help with this, it would be highly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sharing internet android, tether, tethering

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)