Flag Gijón
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thank you very much...

A lot of time searching for something like this

31st October 2009, 10:09 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I can not get it to work on my xp I've tried rebooting,killing explorer, and extracting to different directories. Do I need to extract it to \system32?
31st October 2009, 01:16 PM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hi,
I create a x64 version, but since I don't have x64 OS, please have a try and feed back.
download here ->
http://apkshellext.googlecode.com/files/apkshellext.dll

use the old reg.bat to register, probably, you have to kill your explorer first, and run the bat using "run..." command
The Following User Says Thank You to allangoing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allangoing Ad-Free
31st October 2009, 01:27 PM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumMOTO

I can not get it to work on my xp I've tried rebooting,killing explorer, and extracting to different directories. Do I need to extract it to \system32?

you don't have to extract it to system32, but you need to run the reg.bat first, and you should see something like "register successful" message. after it, you cannot move the dll file, since the path is recorded in registry.

sometimes the icon doesn't show since icon cache, please try see the properties of your apk file, if everything correct, you should see the icon in the properties window.

if still doesn't work, here is a piece of registry keys extract from my computer, please check if you have the same:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\DefaultIcon]
@="%1"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shellex]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shellex\IconHandler]
@="{66391a18-f480-413b-9592-a10044de6cf4}"

still problem, reply again, describe what you did and I will try my best to help
The Following User Says Thank You to allangoing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allangoing Ad-Free
31st October 2009, 02:18 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allangoing

Hi,
I create a x64 version, but since I don't have x64 OS, please have a try and feed back.
download here ->
http://apkshellext.googlecode.com/files/apkshellext.dll

use the old reg.bat to register, probably, you have to kill your explorer first, and run the bat using "run..." command

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Failed to load 'F:\Devices\Android\apkshellext\apkshelle
xt.dll' because it is not a valid .NET assembly
31st October 2009, 03:11 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I had a hard time getting this to work till I right click on one of the apk's and properties to find DroidExplorer icon. uninstall DroidExplorer and it work. Did it on win-xp and win-7.

Thanks Allangoing been looking for something like this for a long time.
31st October 2009, 04:22 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloxp

I had a hard time getting this to work till I right click on one of the apk's and properties to find DroidExplorer icon. uninstall DroidExplorer and it work. Did it on win-xp and win-7.

Thanks Allangoing been looking for something like this for a long time.

Maybe I am wrong but i do not see anywhere saying this is for Droidexplorer.

From the explanation this is for the regular build in explorer for MS so for it not working in droid explorer i would say thats a droid explorer issue since that is not the normal ms one but a custom build application
31st October 2009, 05:59 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentace

Maybe I am wrong but i do not see anywhere saying this is for Droidexplorer.

From the explanation this is for the regular build in explorer for MS so for it not working in droid explorer i would say thats a droid explorer issue since that is not the normal ms one but a custom build application

I never said it was for Droidexplorer. Droidexplorer was my cause for the icons not working. So I uninstall it...now all my apk's have icons.
31st October 2009, 06:45 PM |#19  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Didn't work for me either running XP. I looked through properties like others suggested but found nothing that would allow me to change this. Does it have to be changed where it says "open file with..." or is something else changing?
31st October 2009, 07:21 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwenyuan

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Failed to load 'F:\Devices\Android\apkshellext\apkshelle
xt.dll' because it is not a valid .NET assembly

then...it's should be something different,seems it's harder than what I thought,,,,
please hold on, I will try to install a 64bit system and try, sorry for this...
31st October 2009, 07:25 PM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast84

Didn't work for me either running XP. I looked through properties like others suggested but found nothing that would allow me to change this. Does it have to be changed where it says "open file with..." or is something else changing?

where did you put the dll? did you check the registry like what I said in previous post? is there any information shows up when you run the reg.bat?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, shell extension

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)