By allangoing, Member on 29th October 2009, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2009, 06:25 PM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast84

Didn't work for me either running XP. I looked through properties like others suggested but found nothing that would allow me to change this. Does it have to be changed where it says "open file with..." or is something else changing?

where did you put the dll? did you check the registry like what I said in previous post? is there any information shows up when you run the reg.bat?
The Following User Says Thank You to allangoing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allangoing Ad-Free

31st October 2009, 08:36 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Didn't work for me either running XP. I looked through properties like others suggested but found nothing that would allow me to change this. Does it have to be changed where it says "open file with..." or is something else changing?

where did you put the dll? did you check the registry like what I said in previous post? is there any information shows up when you run the reg.bat?
The Following User Says Thank You to allangoing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allangoing Ad-Free
1st November 2009, 01:52 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloxp

I had a hard time getting this to work till I right click on one of the apk's and properties to find DroidExplorer icon. uninstall DroidExplorer and it work. Did it on win-xp and win-7.

Thanks Allangoing been looking for something like this for a long time.

is your win 7 32 bit or 64 bit? I still have issues on win7 64 i think because it is trying to shove it in sytem32 and im pretty sure on 64 it needs to go into syswow64
1st November 2009, 05:04 AM |#24  
OP Member

More
I'm pretty sure in XP 32bit you can put the dll into any folder, but for 64bit, probably it's different.... I'm still digging why and how let it work, any suggestion?
1st November 2009, 08:13 AM |#25  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've been trying to use this but whenever I try to execute the reg.bat file, it says
"
C:\Users\FatBoyExtraordinaire\Documents\APK Icon>regasm.exe /codebase apkshellex
t.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004. All rights reserved.

RegAsm : error RA0000 : An error occurred while writing the registration informa
tion to the registry. You must have administrative credentials to perform this t
ask. Contact your system administrator for assistance

C:\Users\FatBoyExtraordinaire\Documents\APK Icon>pause
Press any key to continue . . . "

The thing is, I am the administrator and am using that account. Any tips?
1st November 2009, 03:24 PM |#26  
OP Member

More
ah....did you check if you can use "regedit"?
how about change a user which also has admin authority?
1st November 2009, 03:59 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
64bit OS user:
can you please try to use your local regasm.exe instead of the one inside the zip package?
In reg.bat, replace regasm.exe with "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regas m.exe"

Use the dll in the OLD zip package, NOT the x64 version. The old one compiled with "any CPU" option and should be compatible with both x86 and x64.

I still haven't gotten my 64bit os run, so please tell me the result, thanks!
1st November 2009, 05:19 PM |#28  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allangoing

Sorry it works now. Just read that a reboot fixes it. Maybe you should put that in the OP. Thanks for making this, makes finding some of these apk's so much easier on my laptop.

Question...
If I wanna move the dll to the /system/32 directory, would I have to put the reg.bat in there too? Or could I just move the dll & run the reg.bat from the desktop? I just like keeping my desktop as clutter free as possible
1st November 2009, 07:12 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allangoing

64bit OS user:
can you please try to use your local regasm.exe instead of the one inside the zip package?
In reg.bat, replace regasm.exe with "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regas m.exe"

Use the dll in the OLD zip package, NOT the x64 version. The old one compiled with "any CPU" option and should be compatible with both x86 and x64.

I still haven't gotten my 64bit os run, so please tell me the result, thanks!

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\rega sm.exe /codebase apkshellex
t.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.4918

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Unable to locate input assembly 'aplshellext.dll' or one of its dependencies
2nd November 2009, 02:38 AM |#30  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Sorry it works now. Just read that a reboot fixes it. Maybe you should put that in the OP. Thanks for making this, makes finding some of these apk's so much easier on my laptop.

Question...
If I wanna move the dll to the /system/32 directory, would I have to put the reg.bat in there too? Or could I just move the dll & run the reg.bat from the desktop? I just like keeping my desktop as clutter free as possible

yes, you have to move reg.bat there as well,,but after register, you can delete everything but apkshellext.dll
I will put a "reboot" there :P
I'm glad to hear you like this! I'm trying to add more stuff on this, how about install to your phone from context menu?
2nd November 2009, 02:40 AM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentace

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\rega sm.exe /codebase apkshellex
t.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.4918

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Unable to locate input assembly 'aplshellext.dll' or one of its dependencies

Thank you for the information, let me try harder!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, shell extension

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)