Congrats on Hero_over on the retirement, but you didnt have to mention my name in your post. I dont even consider myself a ROM developer, I just made a nice rom thats fast and stable for me, and I wanted to share. I dont want nor expect donations. I just love this community and I figure maybe someone out there would like this ROM. Its all love though.
i have this rom that i've made and have been using for the past two-three weeks. as i've been going along i've been tweaking it to my liking, and its very fast for me and i have no force closes. i wasn't even going to post this rom, but i thought maybe somebody out there would like it.
First off: G1 (HTC Dream) ONLY!!!! They say it works for mt3g, so you can try but I made it for the G1.
its based on dwangs 1.17.1 rom.
i edited the boot.img to include cyanogen's 22.214.171.124 kernel ( NO ramhack, so you can enjoy 3D games and apps)
i added the black statusbar
added nano so you can edit scripts in terminal on-the-fly
ext 2 through 4 supported
added meltus audio hack v2r2
edited alot of pngs.. themed STOCK launcher with nexus tray
userinit.sh support in /system/sd/
like i said i wasnt going to post it, but i thought maybe somone would like it...so if u flash it. let me know how it works for you.
DANGER SPL and UPDATED RADIO (THE NORM)
ext 2-4 partition
swap partition if you want.
PLEASE WIPE DATA BEFORE YOU FLASH!!!
Sidenote:I never usually wipe my entire ext partition before I flash any ROM. If you have access to a linux box and sd card reader I usually just delete the DALVIK-CACHE folder and APP-PRIVATE... although my APP-PRIVATE is always empty. I think what causes the crashing at boot when you don't erase the ext is the dalvik-cache. I leave my APP folder and my userinit.sh there, and when I reboot and it dexopts all of my apps and when it finally starts up all my apps are there from the beginning. NOW! You might have to reinstall some apps which might FC when you try to run it, but you can easily with a file manager and browsing to /system/sd/app/ and reinstalling.But that's just me, I find that more convenient that reinstalling 111 apps one-by-one. If thats too much...
WIPE EXT PARTITION BEFORE FLASH.
- Davilk-cache on sd card
- Added latest WiredTether and WirelessTether, and the newer Terminal
- Added transparent notification drop down
- Fixed A2SD script to correctly run e2fsck
- /system/sd/userinit.sh support, if not, then linux-swap if you have swap partition, or compcache if you don't
- Reverted to stock Android bootsplash
- changed boot.img to use /etc/init.d as custom_init
- turned on compcache by default ( 32mb disklimit ), if no /system/sd/userinit.sh present
- changed status bar battery icon with default hero one
- reverted back to nexus themed launcher, changed launcher background to darker png
- edited phone.apk to replace all in-call screens with stock 1.6, (still eclair dialer)
- added WIRED tether. works great, trust!
- keep dalvik-cache on internal memory... ( i have over 100 applications on my sd, and have 29.50 mb free internal) - apps still on sd
Added LatinIME.apk and reverted to working alarm clock
I'll also add the userinit.sh that I use for me it's makes it pretty fast, it just sets cpu max to 528, min to 384 Mhz. Compcache with 24 MB dize size, without swap partition. Backing swap with 16 MB mem limit, with swap partition, 30 swappiness. Just unzip then, adb push to /system/sd/.
Eclair STOCK theme'd launcher... I dont use advanced launcher, I'm pretty sure you can just "rm -r /system/app/Launcher" and then adb push advanced launcher to /system/app/ if you want to use that.