FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you find the latest beta functional ?

Yes

1,107 Vote(s)
74.85%
No

372 Vote(s)
25.15%

Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux)

3,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 662

By Daneshm90, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th June 2010, 06:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2010, 10:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great script man, it works flawlessly. You may just wanna edit your post #1 rather than continuously bumping with new posts for every update. I'm sure a mod won't be too pleased with that

7th June 2010, 03:51 AM |#12  
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 235

More
I'm getting the
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
message when I attempt to sign an apk. I tried switching the PATH in Environment Variables so that it's pointing to my Java bin folder, but then I just end up with
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\place-apk-here\repackaged-unsigned.apk <The system cannot find the file specified>
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open<Native Method>
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init><Unknown Source>
at com.android.signapk.SignApk.main<SignApk.java:320>
Could Not Find C:\ApkManager2.0\place-apk-here\../place-apk-here/repackaged-unsigned.apk
Help? :]
7th June 2010, 04:02 AM |#13  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
What app are you trying to edit ? also are you editing pngs only or code editing ?

Hop on Here im helping someone out so ill help u 2
8th June 2010, 02:45 AM |#14  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 14

More
There's a lot of things in /system that benefit from the optimized .pngs. Vending.apk, for instance, shrunk to half the size and runs a bit quicker and smoother now. Even framework-res.apk enjoyed the optimization. Paid apps, on the other hand, don't seem to fare so well; perhaps they check the md5sum of the app or something.
8th June 2010, 03:01 AM |#15  

More
Yea png optimization works for almost all apks, zipalign on the other hand as i recall doesnt work on certain system apks such as settings.apk. Im prolly gonna incorporate apkopt's script into this which would allow to optimize a folder full of apks. As for paid apps not being optimized, a lot of dev already do their part on making the apk as small as possible, so perhaps thats the case.
8th June 2010, 03:35 AM |#16  
Flag Phoenix

More
hmm, after trying a couple of unpaid apps, it seems that perhaps the testkeys aren't compatible with my build. For any signed app, I get an error "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]"
8th June 2010, 03:43 AM |#17  

More
Yes when u modify a non system apk, they need to be resigned, and you cannot resign it with same key as dev cuz u dont know it hence anytime u modify an app, u must uninstall it, install the modded version, and from then on any change u make u dont have to uninstall as the keys will match
8th June 2010, 04:17 AM |#18  
Flag Phoenix

More
ahhh thanks. My mistake was just removing the package rather than uninstalling it.
8th June 2010, 04:34 AM |#19  
Flag 10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Getting this on a zipalign. The file is there but it is repackaged-unsigned.apk and throws this error:

Please make your decision: 5
Unable to open 'E:\ApkManager\place-apk-here\repackaged-signed.apk' as zip archi
ve
Could Not Find E:\ApkManager\place-apk-here\repackaged-signed.apk
The system cannot find the file specified.

Nevermind....looks like it is by design that it tries both signed and unsigned and throws the error on the file that does not exist. It's just I did not see any zipalign output
9th June 2010, 04:25 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
having an issue that when I go to resign an apk the file deletes after running the script.. am I missing something here?
9th June 2010, 04:33 AM |#21  

More
For this script to properly work u must follow the steps in either the complex/basic category.

So if ur just signing, ud just place the apk in the directory place-apk-here

run 1 to extract, 2(optional),3(select regular apk so it removes the meta-inf folder),4,5(optional).

bkmo, yea ill clean it up later, i just wanted to cover all grounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daneshm90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Daneshm90 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)