Downgrading Xperia Mini Pro to 2.3.4

Search This thread

pramodblog

Jan 16, 2012
Hello,

I updated my Xperia Mini Pro to ICS 4.0.4 last week. But there are lot of problems here. Also buggy and laggy.
So, how can I downgrade my mobile to original stock rom? without loosing the warranty. Because I bought this last month and I don't want it to lose warranty.

Hello,

I updated my Xperia Mini Pro to ICS 4.0.4 last week. But there are lot of problems here. Also buggy and laggy.
So, how can I downgrade my mobile to original stock rom? without loosing the warranty. Because I bought this last month and I don't want it to lose warranty.

Just visit a Sony service centre... Itseems they downgrade the Rom to gb if u want.

Or you can flash ftf firmware file using flashtool. I don't think that voids warranty:good:

Reactions: pramodblog

Sparksys

Jul 22, 2012
use flash tool .. it wont void warrent , because you will flash OFFICAL ROM .. so :D wont void warrenty

Greight

Aug 11, 2012
If you do want to keep your warranty, you need to go to a service center. If not it's more than easy on Android.

jakuchu

Mar 20, 2012
Bandung
Hello,

you can search for official rom for GB at the development area
be sure you install flash tool too
it wont loose your warranty

mihahn

May 26, 2012
If I were you I would look here and go to XX.Downloads. At Number 2 there is xperia mini pro.

Download the 4.0.2.A.0.42 rom (for SK17i) and install flashtool, then click on the flash ,select flashmode and select the ftf from 4.0.2.A.0.42.
But install the drivers from the drivers folder of flashtool before.
Then click flash and power off your phone. Press and hold volume down and put usb cable in and connect to pc. The green light will shine.
Then flashtool will do everything automaticly and will flash the rom. (Btw all your data will be wiped!)

If you are on .42 then you can root with flashtool (just enable debugging and unknown sources on phone) and click the open padlock to root. Then connect to your wlan and search for updates on phone. Then update via ota to .62 firmware!

Thats the best way and it's the official firmware and it's like you never have been on ics before!

Last edited:

pramodblog

Jan 16, 2012
If I were you I would look here and go to XX.Downloads. At Number 2 there is xperia mini pro.

Download the 4.0.2.A.0.42 rom (for SK17i) and install flashtool, then click on the flash ,select flashmode and select the ftf from 4.0.2.A.0.42.
Then click flash and power off your phone. Press and hold volume down and put usb cable in and connect to pc. The green light will shine.
Then flashtool will do everything automaticly and will flash the rom. (Btw all your data will be wiped!)

If you are on .42 then you can root with flashtool (just enable debugging and unknown sources on phone) and click the open padlock to root. Then connect to your wlan and search for updates on phone. Then update via ota to .62 firmware!

Thats the best way and it's the official firmware and it's like you never have been on ics before!

Thank you so much dude!:D I will do that. But i need to know that firmware is "world" one or is that a firmware made for a mobile company like AT&t or something else? Because I don't need to see a company logo when my phone is starting.:eek:
Also if I do this, am I able to update my OS to newer firmwares if SONY release it? Like ICS or JB?

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
Thank you so much dude!:D I will do that. But i need to know that firmware is "world" one or is that a firmware made for a mobile company like AT&t or something else? Because I don't need to see a company logo when my phone is starting.:eek:
Also if I do this, am I able to update my OS to newer firmwares if SONY release it? Like ICS or JB?

No they are GENERIC firmware so its all SONY made.:D

You can update your phone still:good:

mihahn

May 26, 2012

Yes, you can download from here and if your bootloader is locked you can still upgrade over the air (wlan) to newer versions of your os!
Yes you can install upgrades from sony, to ics or jb (if it's out).

I think it's polish rom or something like this, but you can choose your language and it's like the generic world, only the crap by sony (like things that are preinstalled, like mcaffee or whatsapp, playstore now, etc ) is different (whatsapp is on some sony roms preinstalled, but you can also download in playstore, it was just an example!!)

So just flash it like I told you and then you are on stock sony rom, you can root it (cause .42 you can root easily: just enable usb-debugging and unknown sources on your phone with 4.0.2.A.0.42 and click the open padlock next to the flash). Then you can update (if your bootloader is locked, otherwise your phone will brick) to .62 firmware, the latest gingerbread firmware by sony. ( I don't know excatly in which countries, but in Germany there is a .69 firmware, with no changes on the software, I think, compared to .62)

Greets! :)
Michael

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Just visit a Sony service centre... Itseems they downgrade the Rom to gb if u want.

Or you can flash ftf firmware file using flashtool. I don't think that voids warranty:good:
    Hello,

you can search for official rom for GB at the development area
    be sure you install flash tool too
    it wont loose your warranty