[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

Search This thread

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Please download XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip, it is the latest and greatest version

If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.

Hi,

attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.

- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 1.0.0.0 of an app installed on the phone and install 1.0.2.0 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)

- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!

- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.

- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.

img1ln.png

To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.

wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)

img2a.png

After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.

This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.

Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011

+ Full Log
+ Multiple tweaks, bugfixes

img3f.png

Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011

+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment! [*]
+ Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.

[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.

Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011

+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
+ XAP-Information is show much faster now
+ CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer

img4t.png

Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011

+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
+ Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.

img5.png

General Prerequisits
- Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
- Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
- Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP

Regards,
-k

Attachments

• XAPDeployX_V0.6.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 15,242
  • XAPDeployX-V0.7.zip
    105.9 KB · Views: 3,911
  • XAPDeployX-V0.8.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 6,209
  • vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 48,114
  • XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip
    112.5 KB · Views: 72,533
Last edited:

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
nice :D

+1 for this step into homebrew marketplace creating ;D

edit: some xaps show info, others dont show info and just say "done" when trying to deploy.

Last edited:

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
@diboze: Can you provide a xap which doesn't show info? (XNA Apps might not show an image but name, description, version & author should always be shown)

"Done" means -> Deployment finished ;)

The app does currently not check if the Max Apps limit is reached. Therefore done means either "deployment finished" or "could not deploy because max apps is reached".

UPDATE V06 - 1-APR-2011:
- There is no "Done" anymore. You have a full-fledged activity log now.
- Max App error is now reported in log

-k

Last edited:

xirsteon

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for your time.. hopefully this develops further. Your most recent was done on April 1, 2011 right? and not 2010.. :)

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
I'm going to assume that in order to successfully deploy, you still need the Windows Phone Dev Tools installed, right?

Otherwise, it's a really great looking and convenient app. I look forward to more updates.

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
ChevronWP7 unlocker doesn't work on NoDo. In order for this to be useful beyond a niche number of users, there needs to be a way to easily unlock the phonse so that XAPs can be deployed.

I see no mention of that in the OP.

Why list a good app on that for free (if it's not free it will get pirated with the XAP being there for everyone) when you can just list it on Zune Market place for 99 cents and make some money. For responsible adults the fee to join the developer program isn't that bad.

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
V0.7 will only require CoreCon installed

Hi,

I'm going to assume that in order to successfully deploy, you still need the Windows Phone Dev Tools installed, right?

Glad you've asked. Version V0.7 will no longer use the SmartDevice.ConnectivityDll but will talk to CoreCon (ConMan2) direct. This way you'll only need a ~4MB download to deploy successfully and won't have to download the Dev Tools package.

-k

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
it says "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file".

Yes, looks like there are some XAPs around which have a different ZIP-Header value. Besides not showing the name, image & description this message shouldn't have influence to the deployment capabilities.

BUT: I've replaced the ZIP stack and now any XAP-file can be read. The reading is even a lot faster.

Therefore: FIXED :D

In addition:
CoreCon2 installer is also online -> if you don't have the Phone Dev Tools already installed you won't have to just for XAP deployment.
XAPDeployX installs a minimal set of required files (< 1MB) on its own.

-k

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Fable: Coin Golf error

I get the Following:

Deployment started Fable: Coin Golf
Connecting to device... success
Application Fable: Coin Golf not yet installed. Full-install cycle.

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
Installation of the application failed. XAP package signature is not valid or the WP manifest file is invalid. Re-sign with valid signature and fix the manifest file.

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Installation of the application failed. XAP package signature is not valid or the WP manifest file is invalid. Re-sign with valid signature and fix the manifest file.
Based on the error message, you've tried to deploy a non-homebrew xap, e.g. a xap file downloaded from zune marketplace. These files are digitally signed and cannot be deployed as the tool does not remove any security measures.

-k

wick3d00

Jan 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I have the following error. Some info wold be appreciated :)

Deployment started TouchXplorer
Connecting to device...

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
0x89721508

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please download XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip, it is the latest and greatest version

If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.

Hi,

attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.

- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 1.0.0.0 of an app installed on the phone and install 1.0.2.0 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)

- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!

- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.

- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.

img1ln.png

To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.

wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)

img2a.png

After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.

This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.

Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011

+ Full Log
    + Multiple tweaks, bugfixes

img3f.png

Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011

+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment! [*]
    + Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.

[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.

Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011

+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
    + XAP-Information is show much faster now
    + CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer

img4t.png

Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011

+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
    + Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.

img5.png

General Prerequisits
    - Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
    - Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
    - Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP

Regards,
    -k
    Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'
    Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
    You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 :rolleyes:)

-k
    @JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12635636&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
    It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k
    Don't think I can help here. Actually I don't even suffer from this problem as I've just successfully uploaded a 85MB xap to my Nodo Samsung Omnia 7.

If you look at the last Developer Tools Fix from Microsoft, which extended the XAP size from 65MB to 225MB you'll see that they've patched TcpConnectionC.dll on the pc. Someone with read/write access to their HTC should try to replace the on-device files with the corresponding local files found in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Common Files\microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400. Don't know if that might work.

regards,
    -k
    wAppStore 0.9.7. install, store, search XAP (7.0-7.5)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245206

Please "heroic testers" reveal me results and experience with the application here or to wincotv@gmail.com to improve our applications.
    Thanks.