[ROM][4.4.4][Jul-22] UNOFFICIAL LiquidSmooth v3.2 | Security Patch Level: 1st Jun 15

Search This thread

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Same problem I had two days ago.

Hey there!

I have uploaded a new gapps package (in post #1) which will occupy ~1 MB less on the /system partition. This should be useful as I think that some devices already got bad blocks in ther internal memory (NAND) which will narrow the available space.

I did a test with my HTC Desire. Did a full wipe and installed the rom. Booted up to enable A2SD. Rebooted to recovery to install Gapps.

In the normal case the rom will just boot up and move the dalvik cache into the sd-ext. But then, to my surprise, my device went into a bootloop. In the logcat I have identified an issue at the compilation of the dalvik cache.
See here:
Code:
D/dalvikvm(  505): DexOpt: --- BEGIN 'webviewchromium.jar' (bootstrap=1) ---
W/dalvikvm(  505): Rejecting recursive optimization attempt on '/system/framework/webviewchromium.jar'
E/dalvikvm(  505): Unable to extract+optimize DEX from '/system/framework/webviewchromium.jar'
D/dalvikvm(  505): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/webviewchromium.jar'
E/dalvikvm(  505): Fatal error: java/lang/Object
E/dalvikvm(  505): VM aborting
F/libc    (  505): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x000001f9 (code=-6), thread 505 (dexopt)
I/DEBUG   (   86): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG   (   86): Build fingerprint: 'htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo:2.3.3/GRI40/96875.1:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG   (   86): Revision: '132'
I/DEBUG   (   86): pid: 505, tid: 505, name: dexopt  >>> /system/bin/dexopt <<<
I/DEBUG   (   86): signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
I/DEBUG   (   86):     r0 00000000  r1 000001f9  r2 00000006  r3 00000000
I/DEBUG   (   86):     r4 400f1f40  r5 00000006  r6 00000002  r7 0000010c
I/DEBUG   (   86):     r8 402da8d0  r9 403c5bbc  sl 403e0c6c  fp 403c4624

To solve this kind of error, you should reboot to recovery and chose "Clear cache & dalvik". Reboot the system, and voila it will work! ;)

gistfile1.txt
9 /sd-ext2 ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 (null)

Is the second partition is necessary?

Every day I make a backup.
I lost a couple of times the ability to recover the full backup 4ext.
In general loss of installed applications.
It is not possible to recover some of the backups.
However, some backups are properly recovered.

Before recovering I wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache + dalvik, format system.

I can deal recovering the last good backup, plus advanced restore from backup current.

Example error recovery.

I have found that works correctly recovery by Advanced Restore.
So I have to:
1. restore the current backup.
2. delete partitions data and sd-ext,
3. fixing permissions
4. restore data and sd-ext by Advanced Restore

Example of a good recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: spezi77

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
gistfile1.txt

Is the second partition is necessary?

Every day I make a backup.
I lost a couple of times the ability to recover the full backup 4ext.
In general loss of installed applications.
It is not possible to recover some of the backups.
However, some backups are properly recovered.

Before recovering I wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache + dalvik, format system.

I can deal recovering the last good backup, plus advanced restore from backup current.

Example error recovery.

I have found that works correctly recovery by Advanced Restore.
So I have to:
1. restore the current backup.
2. delete partitions data and sd-ext,
3. fixing permissions
4. restore data and sd-ext by Advanced Restore

Example of a good recovery.

No, the second sd-ext is absolutely nonsense. I just kept it for future development on Android 5.x or maybe even 6.x ;)

Reactions: pilsener69

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hey there!

I have just uploaded a new release with more security patches. This time, I am certain that the currently known vulnerabilities are covered, even though that VTS app shows me a false positive.
Screenshot_2015-11-22-12-42-30.png

Have a nice day! ;)

Reactions: zinconnu

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Heya, Id like to test this one as well. :)

Is there maybe another download option ? Devhost is usually working for me, but it says its taking 11 hours now. :S

sverfaillie

Dec 29, 2010
Brussels
Same problem I had two days ago.

Hi Spezi77, I continued to investigate my problems to install.

Turned out that one of the issues was the sdcard used ( transcend 32GB class 10 ). When replacing by another card ( I tried a 'white' brand and a Samsung EVO ) the a2sd worked fine.
I am using a larger hboot system partition (270MB instead of 250MB) so no issues whatsoever to install the gapps.
But even then I could not connect to the google servers. So I still suspect something is wrong with these gapps, because I could login to my google account using the browser.
Anyway, I used a very old gapps from Nikez website, one which worked very well previously ( http://nikez.nu/Download.php?getFile=dlc/gapps-core-kk-2013-11-25.zip ). that one is only 20 MB big and can be installed directly on my system drive. And yes, this one allowed me to log in.
Running now for some days, and I'm impressed by the functionality offered, and a smooth operation.

Thanks for porting this ROM to the Desire.

Reactions: spezi77

sverfaillie

Dec 29, 2010
Brussels
Hi Spezi,

I am missing one element in the ROM, which is the support for reassigning the functionality to the buttons. In Settings - Liquidsmooth - Navigation you can define the actions assigned to the hardware buttons, but apparently not all buttons are recongize, not the functionality is working.
So I tried to download the source to check the code and add possibly the missing buttons. By doing so, I have a problem that the kitkat branch of LiquidSmooth is not available anymore. Can you please check whether this ls - kitkat is still available ?

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi Spezi,

I am missing one element in the ROM, which is the support for reassigning the functionality to the buttons. In Settings - Liquidsmooth - Navigation you can define the actions assigned to the hardware buttons, but apparently not all buttons are recongize, not the functionality is working.
So I tried to download the source to check the code and add possibly the missing buttons. By doing so, I have a problem that the kitkat branch of LiquidSmooth is not available anymore. Can you please check whether this ls - kitkat is still available ?

Hi sverfaillie,

Liquid devs have probably deleted kk on their github. I still have the entire ls-kitkat on my Linux machine. You could send me the fixed code, then I will make a new build. That would be the fastest..

Cheers!

sverfaillie

Dec 29, 2010
Brussels
Hi sverfaillie,

Liquid devs have probably deleted kk on their github. I still have the entire ls-kitkat on my Linux machine. You could send me the fixed code, then I will make a new build. That would be the fastest..

Cheers!

Hi Spezi,
That's of course annoying, as I need first the source code to locate & correct the issue .... So I cannot provide you a patch at this stage. Any possibility to push your changes back to github ?

Migz71

Aug 3, 2011
sorry to sound dumb but where is a2sd after booting rom so i can enable it? cheers Edit: Its ok sorted it with terminal cmds ;)

Last edited:

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi Spezi,
That's of course annoying, as I need first the source code to locate & correct the issue .... So I cannot provide you a patch at this stage. Any possibility to push your changes back to github ?

Phew, that will take me some time. I will try my best on the weekend. ;)

Guess what, I killed myself: https://github.com/spezi77/liquid/commit/22d43163748c05b1ad55951cdc0bc70629bd4d3f

@sverfaillie, wish you lots of fun with building LS! :good:

P.S.: In the meanwhile, I have stumbled across the root cause why "Trackball Wake" didn't work any longer. Now it's fixed in my github.. :laugh:

Edit: P.P.S.: Unfortunately, that didn't work out. I need to spend more time into fixing it..

Last edited:
Reactions: mirabilos

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hey there!

Finally, here comes another great Android 4.4.4 UPDATE with security patch level of 1st November 2015.

Plus I have added the patches for signature spoofing support, which allows you to be independent from Google Play, if you wish.
@mirabilos, here you go! ;)

While playing with this LS, I have observed that it feels as it is the most snappiest one of all HTC Desire ROMs I have built. I am convinced that it is now in a really good condition and can be used as daily driver. However, in order to achieve perfection Trackball Wake needs to be fixed and the Torch APP could be improved, so that it works as in KitKANG ROM (Brightest setting and stay on after screen shut down).

Cheers, and have a nice day! ;)

Screenshot_2015-12-06-21-08-06.png

Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-15-50.jpg

Screenshot_2015-12-06-18-29-00.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am proud to present you with an incredible smooth and feature rich AOSP based ROM.

lslogo.png

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

CPA-Poke

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

FEATURES:

UBER 4.9 GCC Toolchain
    ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
    Slims DPI on the fly
    Custom animation controls
    TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
    Active Display
    Slims QuickSettings
    Halo
    Ram Bar
    New CM Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Working wifi Tethering
    Cell Broadcasts
    Slims Configurable Power Menu
    Slims Configurable Nav Bar
    Gamma Configuration support
    Custom animation controls (Listview)
    LockScreen Notifications
    And way more than this...

LiquidSmooth v3.2 Full list of features

CHANGELOG:

NEW IN RELEASE 8:
    • Add back full language support.
    • Lower the default max. cpu freq to 998400 Hz.
    • Torch: Removed brightest option from settings; Torch will now stay on after screen shut down!

NEW IN RELEASE 7:
    • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st June 2015
    • Compiled the ROM with O3 flag
    • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener); compiled the rom with AOSP toolchain 4.8
    • Update kernel (July security bulletin)
    • Replace KernelTweaker (FC'ing) with KernelAdiutor
    • Removed DashClock widget (cLock is much nicer)

NEW IN RELEASE 6:
    • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st Nov 2015 (you can now view the information about the patch level under Settings > About Phone > Android security patch level)
    • Compiled the ROM with O3 flag
    • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener)
    • Patched the previously missed out security holes in kernel base as mentioned by @walter79
    • If you want to have kernel 3.0.16 (experimental) use this flashable zip
    • Updated NovaLauncher to 4.1.0
    • Removed DashClock widget (cLock is much nicer)
    • Added signature spoofing support (read more about this)
    • Fixed an issue in the hardware keys configuration (credits @sverfaillie)
    • Slim GApps: fixed a problem (three no longer required apks were still remaining under /system/apps after GApps installation) to gain more space in the ROM's system partition

NEW IN RELEASE 5:
    • Added a few more patches against vulnerabilities, e.g.: CVE-2015-1528, CVE-2013-6282 (kernel patch).
    • Big thanks to @walter79 for making me aware of their existence!

NEW IN RELEASE 4:

NEW IN RELEASE 3:
    • Patched to the highest security level for Kitkat (incl. Stagefright 2.0 & Android Security Updates from Nov 2015)
    • Set CM cLock as default lockscreen widget
    • Added a patch to prevent wakelocks caused by Google Play Services 7.x SystemUpdateService (credits CM)
    • Use per default SMARTASSH3 (allows a better speed/battery-saving ratio)

NEW IN RELEASE 2:
    • ART
    • Liquid Launcher
    • Keyguard: use overlay to disable Menu Key In Lock Screen
    • Fix 'long press home key' to bring up the recent apps
    • Slim down rom by removing Chinese font
    • Update animation scale defaults with the optimal settings for htc bravo (0.5x)
    • Frameworks/base: Add setCurrentFunctions to Legacy USB DM
    • Allow forcing HighEndGfx mode
    • New CM Theme Engine

NEW IN RELEASE 1.5:
    • Update of Inspire Launcher (12.2.0): Launcher settings is more stable now
    • Fixed Hardware keys
    • A2SD is working now (fixed an issue with mounting sd-ext)

NOT WORKING:

• MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
    • Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
    • Screen recording (not supported by kernel)
    • OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
    • SELinux (disabled by intention)
    • Torch: Brightest setting and stay on after screen shut down (Torch improved)

Please let me know if you find bugs -- if possible with logcat. Thanks! :good:

DOWNLOADS:

Download LiquidSmooth Kitkat v3.2 2016-07-22
    Slim Gapps for LiquidSmooth 2016 (73.18 MB)

REQUIREMENTS:

An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot
    A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
    The latest TWRP (credits @Chromium) or 4EXT (credits @madmaxx82) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.[/QUOTE]

HOW TO INSTALL:

Full wipe
    Flash ROM
    Boot ROM and enable A2SD before flashing GApps
    Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)

CREDITS:

LiquidSmooth, SlimRoms, AOSPA, AOKP, and everyone else who has contributed
    Google and CyanogenMod for the Android Security Updates
    @LaidbackNikez and Evervolv - for being a forece behind the kernel that powers this ROM, as well as for the vendor files and device trees

SOURCE:

Kernel:
    https://github.com/spezi77/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    ROM:
    * Base: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
    * Mods: https://github.com/spezi77

You may want to compile it yourself:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/liquid.git -b kitkat
    repo sync
    wget https://s.basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/Cl3Kener/TOOLCHAIN/uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
    tar xvC prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm -f uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz 
    rm uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
    . build-liquid.sh -o3 bravo

Have a nice day! ;)

Screenshots:

dwnwf17a5k9d9hxfg.jpg
    zg37yr4754wlkknfg.jpg

cgih9glhmyzoanjfg.jpg
    an9fc8y3czc4bawfg.jpg

w6ibntiq05i62rhfg.jpg
    8dzttitantgcj12fg.jpg

yqxuqa4un3ryb0nfg.jpg
    2civmvdndd38lz2fg.jpg

ju3vpak1y58cgutfg.jpg
    kwxwpzv38uxs00lfg.jpg

s0c19ic3478st62fg.jpg
    [/CENTER]
    Hey Desire folks!

I just happened to release a new version, which makes your Desires invulnerable! I have added the most recent Stagefright 2.0 and Android Security Updates from November 2015.

In case you are interested, go to post #1.

Have a nice day! ;)
    - spezi
    New version of rom and gapps released. Enjoy. ;)