FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Updated: 31/10/12 - PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor, Analyzer!

2,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,980

By lyriquidperfection, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd October 2012, 07:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2012, 06:33 PM |#21  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 1,134

More
I remember from my PIT investigation, there are no such things like block size and block count.
There is starting block and size (in blocks).
So, your application should adjust starting blocks. For example, if i edit size of partition, all following partitions should move accordingly. Starting block shouldn't be editable, but calculated.
The Following User Says Thank You to sorg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sorg Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 06:33 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k

No, you only need to change the block count, not the block size.

Also, if you take blocks away from /system/, remember to add them to another partition, or you'll just be wasting blocks by not assigning them to any partition at all.

Thanks for that, I knew they had to match up somewhere.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
9th October 2012, 06:34 PM |#23  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 68

More
how to make pit file for my S3 ? as i guess pit file of S3 varies
9th October 2012, 06:45 PM |#24  
Flag Salinas, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
EFS Backup
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that may attempt to flash a PIT file. BACK UP YOUR EFS FOLDER. Repartitioning your phone's memory can wipe the EFS partition and render you without carrier coverage, generic IMEI and lot's of headaches. I commend the work done to put together PIT Magic though! Flippin' sweet!
9th October 2012, 09:33 PM |#26  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblek

guys, I was under the impression the PIT on the s3's was signed
be very careful with this...

I wondered what the extra 256 bytes after the partition entries in the S3 pit file were for. PIT Magic will simply write a pit file for S3 without those 256 bytes at the end which will essentially be an unsigned pit file in that case.

9th October 2012, 10:17 PM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection

I wondered what the extra 256 bytes after the partition entries in the S3 pit file were for. PIT Magic will simply write a pit file for S3 without those 256 bytes at the end which will essentially be an unsigned pit file in that case.

Right, but won't breaking the signature cause undesired effects?
9th October 2012, 10:52 PM |#28  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When saving an S3 pit file in PIT Magic, the extra 256 bytes at the end wont be written therefore no signature.

My theory is the signature is to verify the pit file is a genuine samsung pit file so the worst that could happen is odin or the device will reject the pit file if it isnt signed.

The Following User Says Thank You to lyriquidperfection For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lyriquidperfection Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 11:01 PM |#29  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 940

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Most likely just a rejection of the new PIT and a refusal to show any changes.

This signature may only be on specific models (I9300, I747, etc..) or it may be across all of them. I'll play with my I747M tomorrow and see if I can squeeze /system and expand /data.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection

When saving an S3 pit file in PIT Magic, the extra 256 bytes at the end wont be written therefore no signature.

My theory is the signature is to verify the pit file is a genuine samsung pit file so the worst that could happen is odin or the device will reject the pit file if it isnt signed.

Damn, beat me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dstruct2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dstruct2k Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 11:35 PM |#31  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

just want to make sure we dont start bricking devices :P

I think they all have a sig... (us variants at least)

http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/misc/pits

From what I have seen so far, pit files for Galaxy S and Galaxy S II are not signed but the Galaxy S III pit files are signed which leads me to believe that this is something new Samsung has started doing and may continue to be the case for pit files on newer and upcoming devices.

The question is, will the signature be required to use the pit file or is it just to verify the file originated from samsung.

I need someone brave to open an untouched pit file for the S3 and hit the Save button without changing any values so it rewrites the pit file without the 256 byte signature and then test it in odin to see if it gets rejected or not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)