Originally Posted by iamareebjamal
So, after decompiling apk, open 9 png in Photoshop and select the part inside that 1 px border and edit anything you want (Hue, Saturation, Bevel, Emboss, ANYTHING)
Here's what i do if i want to keep the .9.png border intact:
- Open my .9.png.
- Select>Modify>Border. Set width at 1 pixel.
- Edit>Paste special>Paste in place.
- Layer>Arrange>Send to back.
This splits the the border from the image allowing you to edit the image freely without affecting the 9patch.
I'll attach my action i created to automate the process.
- Extract the action from the zip.
- Select dropdown menu.
- Load actions> select split.9.atn
One final thing. Photoshop has no problems with the .9.png extension. When you save your image (save for web) it will show as .png, just insert .9 into the name. I've never had a problem.