FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

487 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,369

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2013, 12:15 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,606

Donate to Me
More
Got ?
- apple earphone (normal ear bud, not in-ear, not earpod)
- HPM 64 bass reflex sony ericsson earphone
23rd July 2013, 01:13 PM |#22  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Talking can you add?
Hi, i have an HTC one and 2 IEMs:
Sennheiser IE8 and Sony EX1000, is it possible to do files for these please?

I would like some more Bass and maybe some volume.
23rd July 2013, 01:56 PM |#23  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 50

More
As I already posted in the V4A Thread (apologies to Zhu), I got Sony XBA-1. The data is available on the website (goldenears). I'm not an audiophile, so I don't have a clue what is good/bad about them;; But would still be nice if you took your (precious) time to create an irs for me

Sent from my SHW-M250K using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

What tips do you use?

Sorry for my curiosity, but what are these tips? Can you give me some keywords so I can google them myself?

23rd July 2013, 02:20 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 26,989

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitschki

Sorry for my curiosity, but what are these tips? Can you give me some keywords so I can google them myself?

Hey Kitschki.
Look here:
http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...n-Ear-Monitor)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electricsheepdreamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electricsheepdreamer Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 02:38 PM |#25  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Hey can u add support for Shure SE535 and Dunu Crius? The Shure SE535 is a little too warm and I would prefer a slightly tighter bass with more oomph.. For the Dunu Crius, the bass is a but too thin for my liking with the mids being the dominant frequency.. The highs on the Crius is too bright and maybe could be bright down a little. Thanks,

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
23rd July 2013, 04:36 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitschki

When you're done with that model, can you also make one for me, too? They're Sony XBA-1 and I found them on goldenears.net. Would be nice
Sent from my SHW-M250K using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi.nos

Could you add Creative Aurvana Live please?

These may be difficult because they already measure quite well... The bass on the Sony is a bit overdone according to the chart and the high mids around 2kHz could use a lift for more pleasing vocals but it's not a given that your ears will agree with this assessment; the CAL! is even more difficult, it basically toes the reference line and any of the minor deviations pale importance next to the matter of individual fit of the phones. Basically if you aren't pleased with the sound already you're on your own trying to find out where they are lacking

I may do the xba-1 later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 04:46 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antaine

Can you add Bose OE2 thanks

Envoyé depuis mon One S en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdoblo

Great thread joe:thumbup:

Any chance of the SoundMagic E10 IR, i just bought these mate and they are fantastic!

The quality of build and most importantly the sound is Amazing, they blow the JVC FX3X away even on bass

I really can't praise them enough!

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips

No info online about these two models
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 05:15 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeal

Yup, saw a couple of those posts. I actually just got mine back from Ety repair a couple of days ago. I have had them for 12 years (red and blue tips) and I recently broke rule number one. Never lend them out. First time and 1/2 day later, I got the call..."but I just put them in my front pocket..."

Stock sound is very good, flat and neutral, perfect for using V4A to get different styles of music to where you want it go. It sorta the opposite of other IEMs which build in a response so they wow right off the shelf. But your are spot on. Bass needs a bit of a bump and highs slightly sharp. That said, they cant really handle very low bass well. "Clarity" on V4AFX can overwhelm the sound very easily. I also have the S-adapter and that smooths out the highs somewhat. I use the 3 flange eartips and would insert to my eardrum if I could.

Thanks.

I had an EQ profile for the ER-4P that was just a simple wide bass boost plus a narrow cut at a certain high frequency. But where to make this cut totally differs depending on the person. I recommend you download Sinegen
http://sinegen.en.lo4d.com/virus-malware-tests
and do a sweep of the frequencies above 5kHz to find where the treble is peaking for you. For me the peak was between 7 and 8kHz but if you insert them deep I expect the peak to be somewhere around 10kHz.
Careful, turn down the volume on your computer before starting the test as these pure tones can get very loud with the wrong settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucinch

Hi Joe, I used the 3580 IRS, it worked great. Can you do one for TDK BA200? Just need slightly more highs and subbass. Thanks.

Asking rinchoi for more info on these

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1c3_5n0w

Hey Joe,
I am currently using my SHE3590s with your IRS. I hope you can tweak it a little to give the bass and subbass a little more thump and make mids sound more distinct. Thanks What I don't like about the stock sound (no EQs, no ViperFX, no Bass Booster) is that the bass don't have a thump to it and don't sound real. I hope this helps.

Currently using the UE900 IRS BTW. It's good. Bass has a nice boom but I find that highs are too overpowering and ear piercing. But I can't judge it because it is not meant to be made for the SHE3590

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Could you try with the SHE3580 IRS and boosting the 55, 109 and 219 bands on the V4A EQ first? You can probably boost those by over 6dB and get good boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

Got ?
- apple earphone (normal ear bud, not in-ear, not earpod)
- HPM 64 bass reflex sony ericsson earphone

Apple earbud has well shaped response in the middle frequencies and drops off a cliff in the low bass and high treble. A correction filter may not do much for these. No info on the HPM 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapford

Hi, i have an HTC one and 2 IEMs:
Sennheiser IE8 and Sony EX1000, is it possible to do files for these please?

I would like some more Bass and maybe some volume.

Have you tried the maximum bass setting on the IE8's tuning mechanism? A correction filter on the IE8 would give you less bass (since it has way too much bass compared to reference to begin with) and less volume (since digital headroom is required for the filter to work and prevent digital clipping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_boy555

Hey can u add support for Shure SE535 and Dunu Crius? The Shure SE535 is a little too warm and I would prefer a slightly tighter bass with more oomph.. For the Dunu Crius, the bass is a but too thin for my liking with the mids being the dominant frequency.. The highs on the Crius is too bright and maybe could be bright down a little. Thanks,

Sorry to everybody else, but I think I'm going to let Fatboy here jump the queue coz data is available for the SE535 and his listening impressions agree with the measurements so a correction filter for him would benefit him the most right now :P
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 05:26 PM |#29  
Flag Syria
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thank u bro for this hard working
What about beats earphones
The Following User Says Thank You to bilal.23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bilal.23 Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 05:44 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_boy555

No info on the Crius... Shure SE535 has been added to the collection

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcn...GoCSHIuTWm?lst
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 05:47 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal.23

Thank u bro for this hard working
What about beats earphones

Beats... are your beats genuine? :P And which model?

Beats tend to have way more bass than reference but this tends to be valued by those who buy beats... not sure that a reference-like sound tuning will be appreciated
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)