[Q] One question about galaxy s4 GT 9506

Search This thread

Oscarandco

Dec 15, 2013
ROUSSINES
Hi everybody! I want to change my phone but my operator propose just the galaxy GT 9506. I read on the galaxy s4 thread that it's difficulte to root this and they are no many rom for this version. My question: can i root the galaxy s4 gt 9506 and put a firmwear from galaxy s4 gt 9505. Thank's for read my thread and to give me an answer.:silly:

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
Yes you can root.
No, you can't put 9505 ROM into it.

But I suspect, some mod from 9505 or 9500 may work on 9506 (same Android version should have greater chance, as we occasionally using note3 mod on our s4, it probably works as long as don't go too deep into system, like kernel things, what I am talking about is more like theme or something ) and the xposed module may work as well.

If you don't wanna AOSP ROM.
Xposed module should fit you.

I've had 9506 and return back to exchange 9505 and now I found I could get what I want on stock firmware with xposed so I'm little bit of regret actually

来自我的 GT-I9505 上的 Tapatalk

Reactions: Oscarandco

Oscarandco

Dec 15, 2013
ROUSSINES
Yes you can root.

But I suspect, some mod from 9505 or 9500 may work on 9506 (same Android version should have greater chance, as we occasionally using note3 mod on our s4, it probably works as long as don't go too deep into system, like kernel things, what I am talking about is more like theme or something ) and the xposed module may work as well.

I've had 9506 and return back to exchange 9505 and now I found I could get what I want on stock firmware with xposed so I'm little bit of regret actually

Thank you for the accuracy of your answer. I hesitated between LG g2 and galaxy S4. My preference goes to the S4 because I already had a S2, S3 therefore the logical consequence was the S4. But the proposed operator by my 9506 model slows a little. Your answer made ​​me decide to order S4 and hopefully not regret my choice. thank you

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
Thank you for the accuracy of your answer. I hesitated between LG g2 and galaxy S4. My preference goes to the S4 because I already had a S2, S3 therefore the logical consequence was the S4. But the proposed operator by my 9506 model slows a little. Your answer made ​​me decide to order S4 and hopefully not regret my choice. thank you

But beside the lack of AOSP ROM (someone is working on porting CM11) and 3rd part kernel, i9506 really outrun the i9505, specially the GPU part...

But anyway, it's kinda over-performance... as we usually don't need that kinda performance, even for Snapdragon 600.

I think, most ROM part of customization can be achieved by Xposed modules, good luck!

Oscarandco

Dec 15, 2013
ROUSSINES
I did not need a lot of customization but I just wish rooter my phone and put a samsung official firmwear to delete all apps from my operator. The choice of S4 is really out of loyalty and passion for samsung. I do not really need the full power of the snapdragon 800, 4G as starts in France and yet I did not receive. So your information is extremely useful to me because I know I just choose the S4 9506, the rooter and remove apps operators. thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you can root.

Most xposed mods work with S4 I9506.