Clearing Cache - Not App Cache

Search This thread

visitor29

Mar 7, 2012
Root cleaner I'm using, but you need rooted and preferred busybox installed but it's working without that too. Busybox apk you can find on Internet.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using free xda app

threehappypenguins

Jan 13, 2014
Anyone found a way to clear the cache like on the tablet or android phone? If not, would individually clearing app cache do the same thing?

Edit: Think I know how to do it. I will try when I get home and report back. Can get to fastboot menu with steps in the user guide. From there I'll have to see.
http://support-shield.nvidia.com/android-tv-user-guide/index.htm#t=About_SHIELD.htm

Did you ever successfully clear the cache? I can get into the fastboot menu, but when I choose "Continue," it just boots into the Shield operating system (is it supposed to do that?). I can't find any information on what options to choose. I can't find anything on what each menu item means and I know you can do a factory reset from the fastboot menu, so I'm afraid to choose anything.

Can someone explain what each menu item means? I don't want to do anything irreversible.

Continue
Boot recovery kernel
Forced recovery

I don't want to factory reset. I just want to clear the cache. I installed an add-on into SPMC and it was super glitchy, caused my whole system to freeze, even after I uninstalled the add-on, uninstalled SPMC, etc. Multiple reboots. Everything just keeps crashing and freezing over and over and over. I have never had this problem before.

So I figured clearing the cache for the whole system might help. A factory reset would just be crazy.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I chose "boot recovery kernel," and it brings to a screen that shoes an Android laying down with his belly open. It says, "No command." I read that I'm supposed to press the power button and wait a few seconds and that will bring me to a screen to clear cache, factory reset, etc. But nothing happens. I press the power button and hold again, still nothing. If I press and hold and wait and wait and wait, eventually, it just exits this screen and goes back to the fastboot menu.

I tried again, and gave up. It just sat on the screen with "No command," and as I typed, it just exited everything and booted into the operating system. What is going on?