Otterbox Defender charging dock or go wireless???

Search This thread

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Got my Defender in last week and now I am looking for a charging dock, to my dismay none of the docks I have found are compatible with the case on the the phone. So how many people here have gone wireless? I read that you can get 1mA on wireless, I could live with that...

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Charging wireless with this phone sucks donkey balls. Its going to take you 6 hours to fully charge your phone regardless of what the amp rating is on the charger because our phone is max out at 500 Milli amps

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I charge my phone at night when I am sleeping so wireless would be perfect (if I had non Sprint/Verizon Note 2)

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Our phones are maxed out at half an amp? Why would they give me a 2 amp charger instead of keeping with the galaxies 1 amp?

Last edited:

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
I think the wireless charging is maxed at .5 amps. If you plug it in you get the full charge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

People are saying different things here lol.
Its gotta be more then .5 amps when hardwired so I would assume he meant .5 amps max wireless.... unless you flash a perseus kernel then you get 1 amp wireless. And as for hardwired......????

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
It may be maxed out at half an amp soothe charging mat and rear of the phone don't get too hot.

The normal charger is 2amp and charges in next to no time.

I would say most people would use the wireless charging mat to either charge overnight or while on a desk to keep the phone topped up between use.

Sent from my Samsung Note II.

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Well I'm SOL. Just read that the phone has gold pins on the back cover that touch the mat to charge the battery. I have a Defender case so that ain't gonna work.

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Well I'm SOL. Just read that the phone has gold pins on the back cover that touch the mat to charge the battery. I have a Defender case so that ain't gonna work.
No no... that is wrong.
The gold pins are used to touch a receiver on the inside of the battery door to accept the charge.
See this video for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwf5FNU_hT0
I'm curious as to whether or not it would work with a case such as the Otterbox. Search in the forum is down..

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
No no... that is wrong.
The gold pins are used to touch a receiver on the inside of the battery door to accept the charge.
See this video for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwf5FNU_hT0
I'm curious as to whether or not it would work with a case such as the Otterbox. Search in the forum is down..

Hmmm so we would have to mod our defender cases if we wanted to do this. Good thread about it in the S3 accessories section.