[DU][DEV]Developers Unite- The future of DX Development

Search This thread

secthdaemon

Jan 11, 2011
1) Can test usability
2) At work up to 1 Gbit/s
2954299770.png

At home up to 100 Mbit/s
4) Almost every evening from 17 to 23 (GMT+4)

Last edited:
Reactions: hell_lock

Stek988

Sep 4, 2012
Zagreb
I'm in! :p

I can contribute with testing , debugging , logcatting etc . Plenty of experience from when I had a Galaxy Mini 2 which was in a development stage worse than the DX . (and now it's got a fully working CM10.1 XD) as well as some programming help - I know Android app development , I know a good load of C / C++ , C# , I can read and tweak Java code . I know the Android workflow pretty well , and I'm also an algorythmic whizz if that would ever be of help xD
Internet speed : about 6MB/s down & 2MB/s up .
Availability : I can go all out this week . Starting next week though I'm starting hi-school , but I can still dedicate about 6h / day to the development nonetheless .

Also , a littbe bit of OT (kinda) : I'm planning to get myself a new laptop soon and will dualboot Ubuntu w/ Windows on it , thus I also wanna start learning the linux kernel (only for Android development atm) . If anyone can point me to some baby steps to get me started on that , I would be grateful :p . I'm not a newb , I learn pretty fast considering I have about 4 years of programming experience . I just need to have a starting point and good documentation along the way :p

here is where u can start learning :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1748297

Reactions: Uizz.UW

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Wow that response was totally unexpected! I never knew that we had so many people in our forum :p

Anyways, seems like all of you agreed with me so just enter your details in this spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjP8Bz9PKaF3dHJyckc2dDdNX3F5allGQjA1U0J4Nmc&usp=sharing

This is will help us in dividing the work. As far as a IRC is concerned.. we need a place where we can chat and it should also get recorded for those who weren't there . I think whatsapp can serve this purpose . Its really helpful for development.. whatta say?? Dont worry, numbers wont be leaked or used for spamming purposes(or you will be blocked)

MihaiA7X

Jan 10, 2013
I offered my help:
I'm I.T. Student, part of my future disertation will be Android.
Fast (actually very fast) internet I have:

Good PC, I have that too:
2u77io8.jpg

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
With some help how to get started I can do some CM builds as well. I am not an android expert, but I know much about linux, if that can be of help.
I've got good internet speed as well (50 Mbit/s down, 2,5 Mbit/s up).
But I don't have much time, kind of one hour each day.

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
@prototype-U
you might wanna keep the team selective. People learning from scratch wont be able to fix the bugs. And they can always contribute whenver they want by using the git trees.
What i would like is that a team of 3 or 4 people do this.
member "A" for compiling and uploading builds (fast PC and Net)
2 members "B & C" trying various methods on different branches of same repo to fix bugs
1 member "D" to download the latest build uploaded by A, test stuff, post logcat and done...

A is COMPILER/UPLOADER (requires fast PC, NET, and knowlegde to JUST COMPILE ROM)
B & C should be able to analyze the device/vendor/kernel trees to perform debugging. (prototype-U fits in here)
D should be a General guy knowing flashing and debugging/logcat/adb/fastboot/dmsg etc.

This compact team of 4 will be MUCH more efficient with properly defined roles, rather than an army of untrained, learning soldiers.

Just my view, no offence meant for anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: azraelcelt

Uizz.UW

Aug 16, 2012
Ploiesti
www.underweasel.me
WhatsApp doesn't work on PC , and I think it would be quite troublesome to work on the PC and chat from the phone .
Facebook is a great alternative , but not everyone is eager to join a group due to fear of exposing their privacy . Or maybe not everyone's got a Facebook .
Google Hangouts can be a possible alternative , because if you own a droid , you own a Google account , but then again it uses Google+ so the privacy issue is present here as well .

I'll let you know if I find anything better >.<

@ neXus PRIME : I agree , but one more thing : have a solid team built , but make every new build downloadable by everyone . Don't keep it private . If people want to flash them on their own and try to help , why shouldn't they? Maybe they'll run into some stuff in the logcat that the main team won't see :p

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Filled in my details in spreadsheet.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

But a quick tutorial on how to just build a ROM would be nice for everyone who wants to help I think.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Here you can find the details of my laptop which I will use for compiling:

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-540U3C...9&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+serie+5+ultra+touch

And one other thing: Will you create a new github repo for our project or will we still use atis112 repo?

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
Filled in my details in spreadsheet.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

But a quick tutorial on how to just build a ROM would be nice for everyone who wants to help I think.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Here you can find the details of my laptop which I will use for compiling:

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-540U3C...9&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+serie+5+ultra+touch

And one other thing: Will you create a new github repo for our project or will we still use atis112 repo?
I think prototype-u forked atis112's repo and you will work there.

xpirt

secthdaemon

Jan 11, 2011
Not everyone can use IRC, or Facebook, or WhatsApp. Maybe try to use some freeware web-applications for developers (with bug tracking included)? Something like Launchpad or GNU Savannah

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Before we can come up to a final decision. I need to talk to you guys ASAP through some medium. What do you guys suggest? I need you all for a conference.

secthdaemon

Jan 11, 2011
But I can be logged in to IRC 24\7 and log all the conversations and upload it from time to time. Or you can manually add bot to log our conversations

Last edited:

ekulnitsua

Jan 9, 2013
Edinburgh
www.edinburghrock.net
I have no dev experience, unfortunately, but I have a reasonably beasty pc and internet connection (31.4 / 2 mbps), linux experience and I'm competant with adb and fastboot.

I work freelance as a graphic designer, so between jobs I have loads of time. At the moment, I have loads of time...

...and of course, graphic work is a speciality. If anyone needs anything, just PM me.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 137

Top Liked Posts