[Q] [ROM] Increase Screen Lock time (not display off time)

Search This thread

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
I'm looking for a way to increase the automatic screen lock time for the Tab 2 (sch-i705). Does anyone know where I can find this setting in the system.img?

I'm happy with the display turning off automatically after a minute or so, but I want the device to lock after ~15 minutes after the display turns off.

Couldn't find anyone adjusting this setting on any ROM in my searches.

sharingan

May 30, 2013
I'm looking for a way to increase the automatic screen lock time for the Tab 2 (sch-i705). Does anyone know where I can find this setting in the system.img?

I'm happy with the display turning off automatically after a minute or so, but I want the device to lock after ~15 minutes after the display turns off.

Couldn't find anyone adjusting this setting on any ROM in my searches.

you can find so in display settings brother

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
you can find so in display settings brother

Hi, thanks for the advice. I'm not looking to change the display timeout settings - I would like to keep that short. I'm hoping to increase the lockscreen time. For example, I want the screen to go off after 1 minute, but the device to lock 15 minutes after the display goes off.

I'm assuming since this isn't a standard system setting, it might be adjustable in the ROM/system.img. Anyone know where I could find something like this?

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
I'm wondering if there are any apps that could simulate what I'm trying to achieve. An app that keeps the tab unlocked, but allows the screen to turn off, would be perfect (as long as it also wasn't somehow sucking up resources or something).

Anyone have any other ideas? Or, better yet, know where I can modify this setting in the ROM?

Maybe moving this thread to the general QA would be a better idea, since this setting probably is particular to Android, not to the Galaxy Tab 2.. Any mods want to do that? Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 5616867

I'm wondering if there are any apps that could simulate what I'm trying to achieve. An app that keeps the tab unlocked, but allows the screen to turn off, would be perfect (as long as it also wasn't somehow sucking up resources or something).

Anyone have any other ideas? Or, better yet, know where I can modify this setting in the ROM?

Maybe moving this thread to the general QA would be a better idea, since this setting probably is particular to Android, not to the Galaxy Tab 2.. Any mods want to do that? Thanks :)

No need apps. Just go to setting > security > screen lock, select NONE.
Control how long display will turn off in setting > display.
Also, your question above, increase the lockscreen time, is in the same place, screen lock setting. search automatically lock.

Hope it helps :cowboy:

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
No need apps. Just go to setting > security > screen lock, select NONE.
Control how long display will turn off in setting > display.
Also, your question above, increase the lockscreen time, is in the same place, screen lock setting. search automatically lock.

Hope it helps :cowboy:

The issue here is that I would still like the device to be locked. I just want it to take longer to lock - ie 15 minutes to lock, but only 1 minute for the screen to turn off. Anyone know if there is a way to modify this at the ROM level?

D

Deleted member 5616867

The issue here is that I would still like the device to be locked. I just want it to take longer to lock - ie 15 minutes to lock, but only 1 minute for the screen to turn off. Anyone know if there is a way to modify this at the ROM level?

Yes buddy, if i don't correctly understand what are you saying, there is an option for that in the settings. Just explore the settings once again, i have a different devices, maybe it's in different places.

and yes, if you want "automatically screen lock" setting comes up, you must in pattern/password/pin lock setting, not in slide or none.

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
Yes buddy, if i don't correctly understand what are you saying, there is an option for that in the settings. Just explore the settings once again, i have a different devices, maybe it's in different places.

and yes, if you want "automatically screen lock" setting comes up, you must in pattern/password/pin lock setting, not in slide or none.

The only option I have is to set 'screen timeout' . In order to conserve battery, I'd like the display to shut off after a minute or so.

Unfortunately, the amount of time it takes for the screen to lock, is tied to the display shut off - i.e. if the display shut off is set to a minute, the device will lock about 30 seconds after that, with no way to modify that time.

Top Liked Posts