[Q] xt925 Encryption Unsuccessful - cannot flash

Search This thread

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I am personally trying harder than usual to fix this phone because the battery life is so awesome. It's still a great deal. I hear the Moto X gets pretty great battery life and its cheaper than Nexus 5 right now. Personally I would wait for the Nexus 6, which is rumored to be be built by Motorola.

I am trying to fix this phone for my wife. Personally I am using a Note 3: great big battery and screen but no loyalty to Samsung. If the Nexus 6 pops up I may not be able to resist :)

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

I'm trying to keep this phone stock. However I am curious if using Fastboot to unlock and installing custom recovery can work with the partition as screwed up as it is. If so maybe with custom recovery we can properly format the partitions. Thoughts?
If you can't write to the phone like gloom, you can't install custom recovery, and if you had one installed all the commands in it would fail. I have seen this before.

Sent from my G2 running SlimKat

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I am personally trying harder than usual to fix this phone because the battery life is so awesome. It's still a great deal. I hear the Moto X gets pretty great battery life and its cheaper than Nexus 5 right now. Personally I would wait for the Nexus 6, which is rumored to be be built by Motorola.

I am trying to fix this phone for my wife. Personally I am using a Note 3: great big battery and screen but no loyalty to Samsung. If the Nexus 6 pops up I may not be able to resist :)

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

I'm trying to keep this phone stock. However I am curious if using Fastboot to unlock and installing custom recovery can work with the partition as screwed up as it is. If so maybe with custom recovery we can properly format the partitions. Thoughts?

After everything sane failed (trying to save the userdata, trying to keep stock), I tried flashing random stuff, including sideloading. Nothing worked. Even the 'unlock' like I said threw an error, though the device does say unlocked. If you manage to successfully install custom recovery please post back how.

i have been wondering for some time, basically since i saw this before, if there was any way to fix the permissions.
as im far from knowledgeable in this area, i would be no help.
are either of you good with adb, or know if its possible to chmod a hole partition?
or is it possible to delete partitions?

the thought here is if we could fix the permission issues obviously or if we could just remove all the partition like an empty drive. like you would do in windows disk manager. when the phone is new from production the drive has to be empty and not partitioned, and im assuming the partition file sets it up as there are no write protections on an empty drive.

does any of that make sense? possible?
just throwing some random thoughts out. so if its inherently dumb or not possible, just say so. i admittedly don't really know what im talking about in this area.

Gloomfrost

Aug 12, 2014
i have been wondering for some time, basically since i saw this before, if there was any way to fix the permissions.
are either of you good with adb, or know if its possible to chmod a hole partition?

the thought here is if we could fix the permission issues obviously or if we could just remove all the partition like an empty drive. like you would do in windows disk manager. when the phone is new from production the drive has to be empty and not partitioned, and im assuming the partition file sets it up as there are no write protections on an empty drive.

just throwing some random thoughts out. so if its inherently dumb or not possible, just say so. i admittedly don't really know what im talking about in this area.

That's a pretty nifty idea but I wouldn't know where to start. Also ADB doesn't detect the phone. =(

Reactions: bweN diorD

Weaponx525

Dec 11, 2011
I downloaded all of the Motorola utilities and still Fastboot isn't communicating properly to the RAZR. I can do things like reboot the phone using Fastboot to prove the connection is good but anytime I try to write files it always fails. Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with adb and my email request from Motorola still hasn't responded. I'm gonna call them tomorrow or Friday and request tech support.

Weaponx525

Dec 11, 2011
Motorola wasn't much help. They asked me to try factory reset and wipes within the stock recovery. At one point she asked me if I had rooted the phone, which I have not. I didn't have the phone with me to provide the imei to set up an RMA. The initial charge just to look at the phone was $25

KisL

May 16, 2014
Can comeone put here vold.fstab from xt925?
I have miss directory on my razr hd "system/etc" and also miss vold.fstab.
Maybe this can help bring my phone to life

KisL

May 16, 2014
I donnt know.
I have an encryption unsuc.essful on my razr hd last year. All this time i try everything from all forums, but nothing change.
In adb mode i can mount /system and in df i see 14998 mb , but i cannt mount /data, /cache etc.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
I donnt know.
I have an encryption unsuc.essful on my razr hd last year. All this time i try everything from all forums, but nothing change.
In adb mode i can mount /system and in df i see 14998 mb , but i cannt mount /data, /cache etc.

Have you tried searching for the stock files to flash via RSD?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.022s]
    writing 'partition'...

yea, that sucks.
    im having the same problem over here.
    i made this other user the same updated (not published) script, just because he has a 926, and i can share the script with anyone who needs it. (just to say, i know this is the only method, you are in a bad spot!)
    anyways, its the same as you just made with the same results.
    have a look to see if maybe one of the simple fixes (not yet confirmed or denied) helped this member.

That's a pretty nifty idea but I wouldn't know where to start. Also ADB doesn't detect the phone. =(