stock Headphones - opinions

Search This thread

avivzamir

Nov 5, 2010
As a device with one of the highest audio quality there is on both the loudspeakers and headphones
Does anyone who had experience with the device can tell what he thinks about the stock headphones that come with phone?
Do the headphones do justice to the phones hardware or do u suggest to buy a separate better quality ones? I usually prefer to buy a pair of better quality than the stock ones but I've read a number of reviews that said the stock headphones show a surprising good quality of sound.

but is it good enough for the phone?
Opinions?:confused:

mindfever91

Jan 13, 2012
Honestly, I've been using the M7 stock headphones for the better part of a year and they shouldn't differ as they look the same. Even though I sold the M7 shortly after I got it because I wasn't satisfied with the build quality, I actually bought these headphones seperately again because I missed them so much.

They fit perfectly into my ears and provide a good seal (use these for drumming), the flat cable is very handy and never tangles in my pocket and the sound is really up to par with e. g. my Klipsch S4i which originally were around 80 €.

They have really crisp highs, defined mids and a bass that is quite pronounced but never drowns out the rest of the sound spectrum, which the Klipsch unfortunately tend to do. All in all I am convinced these are the best headphones included with any smartphone right now! If the M8 headphones sound any different, then even better I guess. But I will unpack them only when my M7 headphones break which hasn't happen yet and I've haven't been babying these, which also speaks for their durability.

deadpunk

Dec 5, 2011
Port-Louis
As a device with one of the highest audio quality there is on both the loudspeakers and headphones
Does anyone who had experience with the device can tell what he thinks about the stock headphones that come with phone?
Do the headphones do justice to the phones hardware or do u suggest to buy a separate better quality ones? I usually prefer to buy a pair of better quality than the stock ones but I've read a number of reviews that said the stock headphones show a surprising good quality of sound.

Just bought the Gun Metal m8 like 2 hours ago , the boomsound speakers are awesome :silly: , Best sound i ever heard on a mobile speaker.
and for the ear-bud they are great too. Love the bass on them, better than my sennheiser hd202 headphone.

Reactions: avivzamir

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Didn't get any with T-Mobile. I thought only international ones got it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

mapheG2

Sep 11, 2011
If you watch unboxing videos, you see that the HTC One M8 on AT&T, Verizon, and the international models all have included earbuds while the T-Mobile version does not.

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Same as last year I think. Everybody but T-Mobile got them with the M7 if I recall. T-Mobile probably got something like a 5 cent discount per unit to leave them out.

I have never bought an earbud that cost more than $20 so I'm no audiophile but these sound pretty good to me.

Ravok

Feb 2, 2008
For 5 cents they should have included them. :p

I didn't get any with my HTC Droid DNA last year when I was still with Verizon either, so I assumed they just weren't doing them at all anymore on HTC. My wife is getting me some bluetooth ones for my birthday so not that upset about it though.

Janderson88

Oct 11, 2012
Bend
The earbuds that came with the M7 were just un-branded Beats, which are honestly not that great to begin with. Got both my M7 and my M8 through T-Mobile US, no earbuds with either one. I stick with my SkullCandy TiTans, best bass response and clarity of any reasonably-priced earbuds I've ever had, and for $50.00, not too hard on the wallet, either.

avivzamir

Nov 5, 2010
The earbuds that came with the M7 were just un-branded Beats, which are honestly not that great to begin with. Got both my M7 and my M8 through T-Mobile US, no earbuds with either one. I stick with my SkullCandy TiTans, best bass response and clarity of any reasonably-priced earbuds I've ever had, and for $50.00, not too hard on the wallet, either.

the one M8 come with a un-branded earbuds too but some people and reviews shows there quite good. thats way im trying to decide if to buy a different earbuds or to use to stock ones.

BoonPhunchok

May 8, 2014
M8 stock ones are best than any other which come with the handsets and are good enough.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

salwansk

Dec 4, 2012
they are all the same, matter of fact im still using my old HTC diamond. its so comfortable in my ears, even after 6 hours wearing them.

1z33scm.jpg

MindfulSheep

Apr 20, 2014
Wow, I'm really surprised that T-Mobile versions don't get the earbuds. That's really strange. Anyways, as far as earbuds that I have received packaged with phones, these are far and away the best. Obviously you can get better, but for a pair packaged with a phone, these are very good.

boofhead

Oct 28, 2006
whilst the stock m8 earbuds are very good you havent heard anything until you try some bowers and wilkins c5's. got a set yesterday and whilst they are made for apple products, the center button will play and stop songs and also the microphone does work very well for calls. regarding sound quality, these bowers and wilkins are mind blowing and extremely comfortable.

ALBERTOSCLN

Feb 28, 2012
SOUTH BOSTON
I just bought the developer edition from htc online page and it comes with the phone..best earphones ..before to place my order i called them to make sure about earphones comes in the box and they told me that this phone edition not includes earphone.well done htc!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, I've been using the M7 stock headphones for the better part of a year and they shouldn't differ as they look the same. Even though I sold the M7 shortly after I got it because I wasn't satisfied with the build quality, I actually bought these headphones seperately again because I missed them so much.

They fit perfectly into my ears and provide a good seal (use these for drumming), the flat cable is very handy and never tangles in my pocket and the sound is really up to par with e. g. my Klipsch S4i which originally were around 80 €.

They have really crisp highs, defined mids and a bass that is quite pronounced but never drowns out the rest of the sound spectrum, which the Klipsch unfortunately tend to do. All in all I am convinced these are the best headphones included with any smartphone right now! If the M8 headphones sound any different, then even better I guess. But I will unpack them only when my M7 headphones break which hasn't happen yet and I've haven't been babying these, which also speaks for their durability.

Just bought the Gun Metal m8 like 2 hours ago , the boomsound speakers are awesome :silly: , Best sound i ever heard on a mobile speaker.
    and for the ear-bud they are great too. Love the bass on them, better than my sennheiser hd202 headphone.
    Weird, mine didn't come with headphones...T-Mobile USA, right? :-\

Neither did mine on T-Mobile. Weird or did we get cheated out by T-Mobile.