[ROM][RETIRED] Kang-o-rama | Thanks for all your support! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
** RETIRED ROM **

Kang-o-rama - The Best Nexus Yet!
Kang-o-rama is a simple and functional Gingerbread ROM based on the latest stable version of CyanogenMod. It includes a number of unique functions and has a clean, professional appearance. This ROM is maintained with daily use in mind and does not change all that often, only when significant enhancements or bug fixes are available.

** OVER 120,000 DOWNLOADS **

Kang-o-rama Supporters
** Star Supporter **
dvgrhl
DropBox Supporters
Naz Tech | Meshal Alrashidi | Carlos Man | Joe Lee | Matthew Moser | John Bowdre | Chris Kaf | Rene Albers | Kitsunisan W | Shawn Stubbs | Mattisdada | Papa Docta | Mickey Mouse :cool: | gieja | Superlantern | Jon Richards | Igal Maly | Don Nellie | Nick Lam | Talal Thabit | Leonardo Dantas | Matt Isdada | Boris B | Dan Anton | Eduardo Barrenechea | Cheddie Wilson | Talha Güzel | Goal Goal :confused: | Daniel Bendorf | Praveen Babu | Baha Lee | Zenny 82 | Zak Jones | Daeshawn Venture | Abdullah Adhham | Vega201 Luciefer | Chris Sherman | John Gillis | Hamid Charkaoui| Daniel Quiceno
Thanks Guys! :D

Last edited:

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Support Info & Change Log

Release Notes
  • The latest version of Kang-o-rama is 1.2 Final with Service Pack 2 (CyanogenMod 7.0.3)
  • You can Upgrade from Kang-o-rama 1.2 SP1 to SP2 using the link above
  • If you are still on Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final with *no* Service Pack you can get SP1 from here (17MB) then apply SP2 from the link above
  • There are two known problems with this ROM and *all* Gingerbread ROM's for the Nexus One - these relate to media and the microphone - more information

Help

Support
1. Did the installation of the bundle fail?
Please post your results including any error messages in this thread.

2. Did the installation and first boot work?
Did you wipe everything before you installed this bundle?
Did you search the threads listed in the first post?
Are you theme, morph and additional mod free?

3. If you answered yes to all three of these questions please post your problem in this thread with:

A description of your problem
A link to a copy of the relevant sections of your logs (use an app from the market and post your results to www.pastebin.com)

4. If your problem is with a specific app it may pay to check how it works on CM 6 stock before posting here.

Without a log we can't help you much (and now you have no excuse because you can capture logs with OSMonitor which is included)!

Last edited:

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
Well, I'll give it a shot, why not. I actually in a way created a similar bundle via the long method with each step done in quite a few zips and morphs but for whatever reason it was a bit unstable and I got some reboots, I couldn't quite pinpoint the issues. I'll try this out and give you any feedback I see regarding stability at least. I don't post often so my feedback will probably be sporadic.

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
can you include Manup's NexTheme along with the Goodies5r2, but with desire camera?

i have pretty much the same thing, but can't get desire camera to work

if not, not biggie

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Well, I'll give it a shot, why not. I actually in a way created a similar bundle via the long method with each step done in quite a few zips and morphs but for whatever reason it was a bit unstable and I got some reboots, I couldn't quite pinpoint the issues. I'll try this out and give you any feedback I see regarding stability at least. I don't post often so my feedback will probably be sporadic.

No worries, I'll be interested in your findings whenever they come through. 24 hours for me, 45 odd apps, no problems so far.

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
can you include Manup's NexTheme along with the Goodies5r2, but with desire camera?

i have pretty much the same thing, but can't get desire camera to work

if not, not biggie

No, having had a look I'm afraid not. There are just too many changes from stock CM for it to be worth including with Kang-o-rama.

Nandroid backup and try installing NexTHEME over Kang-o-rama...

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
Up and running. Will take some time to figure out, been on enomthers rom. Havent used helix yet either, looking for the settings.... hehe I'll roll by after some learning.

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
Re: [ROM BUNDLE] Kang-o-rama 0.5b1 CM506+OC/UV+Desire Cam+(Helix)Launcher2+More

Great bundle man! Looks like you've grabbed the best of the best. I'll be rooting my phone soon and this is the front runner for what I'm going too flash first.

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
Re: [ROM BUNDLE] Kang-o-rama 0.5b1 CM506+OC/UV+Desire Cam+(Helix)Launcher2+More

For all the early adopters, let us know how the battery life is with this bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 beta 1 Released! CM7RC1+7/Gingerbread

Kang-o-rama 1.2 beta 1
    Hi everyone, here's the latest release of Kang-o-rama based on CyanogenMod 7 RC1+7. It's based on a GRH78C ASOP build.

See Screenshots in the First Post

This is a pretty stable build although you might expect to find one or two little problems because it is still in testing. If you do find problems be sure to come back here for help!

Changes
    Changes since the last release of Kang-o-rama 1.2 (here).
    • CyanogenMod 7 RC1+7 (RC1+7 incremental nightly builds)
    • DarkTremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 b4 (supports data2ext)
    • Upgraded Google apps on /system partition
    • Added base support for ROM Updater (no updates yet)
    • Cleaned up /system partition (~18MB free)
    • Added some additional boot animations (only if you have an ext partition)
    • Stock kernel for the time being, update to any CM7 kernel you prefer
    • Minor fixes and tweaks

Installation
    You MUST wipe /data and /cache if you are upgrading from Froyo (or earlier)
    You DO NOT need to wipe /data if you are upgrading from Gingerbread
    1. Download ROM and Update from the links below
    2. Nandroid backup first!
    3. Wipe as directed above
    4. Flash ROM zip file from Recovery
    5. Flash Update zip file from Recovery
    6. Reboot

Important Notes
    • The phone may automatically reboot a few times (typically before the animation) at first boot. This is the expected behavior of the new version of apps2sd.
    • A small UI bug has been discovered, see here.
    • A few additional comments and release notes here.

Download
    Enjoy & Please Hit 'Thanks'!
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final Released

Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final Released
    For those watching this thread the download link for Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final is available below! I will update the main page and thread title when I have some time but the version below is the stable release.

KoR1201.png
    KoR1202.png
    KoR1203.png

Release Notes
    Very little has changed since RC4 except under-the-hood stuff but it's all important.
    • Based on CyanogenMod 7 Final (upgrade to CM 7.0.2.1 with SP1 below)
    • Using stock CM7 kernel - pershoot kernel is not quite stable enough based on feedback and you all have different preferences.
    • Dewonkifier removed - based on feedback - some wonk is still present see these links here (Google Issues and CyanogenMod Forums)
    • More space freed up on /system partition (~13MB)
    • Toggle widgets moved to the top of notification shade to support themes and bottom status bar.
    • SD Card cache size set to 2048 Kb.
    I've been using it for a few days now and I really like it, seems fast and stable and I've had no wonk or related issues.

Advanced Installer
    Please read the following, it is very important for a great experience!

Kang-o-rama comes with an Advanced Installer designed to give you give you the most flexible and confident installation experience. The Advanced Installer allows you to customise your installation, checks for already existing apps and tries to prevent the most common problems people experience when they upgrade their rom. The Advanced Installer is designed to work when upgrading from any Gingerbread ROM.

Please click here to real all about Advanced Installer
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final
    • Install from recovery after making a nandroid backup
    • Only wipe caches if you're coming from Kang-o-rama 1.2 (x)
    • You MUST wipe data if coming from any Froyo ROM
    • Your phone may reboot automatically a few times at first boot
    • Download: Kang-o-rama-1.2-Final.zip (140MB)
    • MD5 Hash: f1c3e1476b9d262a5434c4f24b12d6c2
    • And be sure to get Service Pack 1 from this post (upgrade to CM 7.0.2.1)

All feedback appreciated! Enjoy... :D
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 Beta 2 Released (CM7 RC2/29)

For all those wondering I haven't forgotten you! :D

Here is Beta 2 of Kang-o-rama 1.2 based on CM7 RC2 with merges up to nightly 29 (22/03). This is getting pretty stable now and feature full, please continue to report any bugs so I can iron out before we shortly go to a stable build.

MainPost01.jpg
    MainPost05.png
    MainPost03.jpg

Changes
    Since previous version.
    • Lots of changes in the CM back end, explore
    • Much more day to day stability with far fewer glitches.
    • Added GUI for Apps2SD (Thanks elgubbo - thread here)
    • Fixed battery percent display using different icons
    Installation
    You MUST wipe /data and /cache if you are upgrading from Froyo (or earlier)
    You DO NOT need to wipe /data if you are upgrading from Gingerbread
    1. Download ROM from the link below
    2. Nandroid backup first!
    3. Wipe as directed above
    4. Flash zip file from Recovery
    5. Reboot
    Important Notes
    • Prepare your ext partition before installing Kang-o-rama and apps2ext and random boot animations will automatically be set up for you.
    • The phone may automatically reboot a few times (typically before the animation) at first boot. This is the expected behavior of the new version of apps2sd.
    Download
    Enjoy & Please Hit 'Thanks'!
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 Alpha 1 - Gingerbread/CM7 Nightly #33

Okay, here's Alpha 1 of Kang-o-rama 1.2 for you all to have some fun with. It's based on CM Nightly 33 and includes the stock (experimental) kernel.

The significant difference between this and the previous test release is that this is a new build from the ground up whereas the test release was a simple port of Kang-o-rama 1.1. Whilst this is a more refined build it's still an 'alpha' because the CM code base is totally unstable still (to be expected). In fact, it's so unstable that I won't be releasing too many of these based on Nightly releases, it's just too much effort.

The new DT is not stable enough for me to include yet. Beg codesplice (;)) if you want to know how to move /data/data/* manually. The stable release of DT Apps2SD is included of course.

Major Changes
    • Based on CM7 Nightly r.33
    • Main Framework and System UI graphics replaced/updated (e.g. fixed notification shade fonts/colours, status icons sort-of sorted)
    • Redundant/broken apps and LWP's removed, some LWP's added
    • Stock CM boot animation included if you use the 'bootanimation' flag

Installation
      1. Nandroid backup first!
        [*]You MUST do a COMPLETE wipe unless you're already using Kang-o-rama 1.2
      2. Flash zip file from Recovery
      3. Wipe caches if you're coming from a previous version of Kang-o-rama 1.2
      DownloadEnjoy & Hit 'Thanks'!
    Kang-o-rama 1.2 Beta 3 Released | CM7RC4+

So, here you go guys, Beta 3 of Kang-o-rama 1.2.

From my perspective it's about as stable as I can make it so I've added in a new kernel for you all to play with. CM7 still has some wonk but again, it's less that it was before. I can't claim this combination will work for you and I recommend you keep an eye on the new Pershoot thread in case he releases any updates that might benefit you.

Changes
    • Updated to CM7RC4+ (merged changed up to nightly 33)
    • Added Pershoot 2.6.38.2 OC/UV Kernel
    • Added Dewonkifier
    • Fixed some minor bugs
    Important
    This version of Kang-o-rama includes an early release of the new Pershoot kernel. This kernel has not undergone extensive testing. If you are uncomfortable with this then please flash your CM7 kernel of choice after flashing the ROM.
    Install
    As per usual, if you're using a Gingerbread ROM you should be able to update without a wipe, if you're coming from Froyo you'll need to wipe I'm afraid.
    1. Download ROM
    2. Make Nandroid backup
    3. Wipe if necessary
    4. Flash ROM from SDCard
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    6. Hit 'Thanks' below
    Notes
    • Apps2ext is enabled automatically if you have an EXT partition. In this case your phone may reboot a few times after installing the ROM. This will happen early in the boot process and is nothing to worry about.
    • There is only about 5MB left on /system after installing the ROM, please keep this in mind. I am working on trimming this back.
    Get It Here
    Please remember this is still beta software... :)
    Download: Kang-o-rama-1.2-b3.zip (140MB)
    MD5 Hash: b702d01062a9305b760673ffa55a818b
    Please report any problems.