VaniljEclair RLS11 - A fast & stable CM 5.0.8 for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-08-19]

Search This thread

paoletto2

Mar 25, 2008
actually i kind of solved both problems, but thanks again to kaffe, this release is unbelievably fast!
(2x faster than polymod 2.1D)

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Im trying Scooter's latest kernel with independent Cache partition. Everything seems ok for now, but i cant't get the Powerbutton / Red Button to work. Everytime i press it, nothing happens. If i long press it, the normal menu for shutdown, reboot, airplane etc shows up, but just pressing once should set the device to stand by mode. Yet nada...

Anyone can advise ? I've tried to make a new keymap with atools (the one provided by scooter for its independent cache partition kernel), and had no luck... the system ignored the keymap.

farshenginl

Jul 6, 2011
This build is wicked quick!

I want to thank kallt_kaffe for such an awesome build.

I have 2 questions for you guys though. And ahead of time, sorry, I'm extremely new when it comes to flashing (first nand ever!).

1) when I first loaded the phone up, the wheel was behaving as the volume control. After a reboot though, now it's not. Any idea how to fix it or to remap those settings again?

2) attached below are what I see when I look through the camera. Now ITT I have seen guys who have reported it working. I just see purple and green lines. Is there a way to fix this or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the build, and of course, all of the help that everyone else has given before.

Attachments

• device-2011-07-08-160828.png
    device-2011-07-08-160828.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 53
  • device-2011-07-08-161002.png
    device-2011-07-08-161002.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 56

moapz

Sep 2, 2010
help [begginer]

sorry, you say do it like any nand install > you mean 1.create folder nand and extract VaniliJEclair_RLS11.zip to it and get the POLAIMG-Pane to /root ?
2. first i installed android on my pola200 , was 1month ago. but after 2 weeks it goes crazy and i just see errorZZZ ! and my phone not work. can i use your way to have android ? or should i use this steps when i have WM on my phone?
3. i'm using linux [ubuntu], can you tell how can i run haret.exe ?

Last edited:

Culibor

Dec 5, 2010
I just installed rls11 on SD 15 min ago. This is my first Kaiser android experience so I dont knoe what to expect....

Everything works nice but:
- screen is ugly, like in low res(wallpaper and icons). Is that normal? i dont see that on any sample rom screenshot!
-When I press Power buton and select reboot phone freezes.
Did I do something wrong during installation or what?

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
I just installed rls11 on SD 15 min ago. This is my first Kaiser android experience so I dont knoe what to expect....

- screen is ugly, like in low res(wallpaper and icons). Is that normal? i dont see that on any sample rom screenshot!

First, my i advise you to try a Froyo version (2.2) before judging android on kaiser ?

Now, on to your problems:

- I think you got the wrong panel type. Try the other ones. Also, with a-tools, use our Kaiser's native resolution.

- Reboot isn't working yet. :)

Reactions: Culibor

AndroidFan127

Mar 23, 2012
help

ok so i`m romanian so i`m sorry for my bad english.... I have installed this build of android with kernel 2.6.5 or something like that and it runs well but when i press the red button the screen goes black and when i press it again it goes white and nothing happens....so i have to install it again and again ...what i have to do ?:confused:

jmkas

May 7, 2010
hi,
good soft, everything are working apsept video, I can't play any video file in my phone, video stucks I hear sound, but video stucks. how can I fix this?
sry for bad english:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

p.s. I have htc tytn 2:D

trkesmith2006

Mar 8, 2009
a great big thanx from EGYPT
u re the leader of the ANDROID pack
=====================
excuse consider me a beginner
how to let the wireless stuff works
don't get sad..... i said i'm a 3day beginer
and i succeded to android my cute tytn smoothly
cheers from the nile of egypt

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VaniljEclair RLS11 - A fast & stable CM 5.0.8 for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-08-19]

I just wanted a plain, clean, vanilla Eclair so I did my own Cyanogenmod-5 port.

I've worked with the assumption that CM is allready heavily optimized and I've tried to change the bare minimum to make it run on my Kaiser. I also wanted to try the odex idea that dzo suggests here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=694597

So everything is pre-odex:ed and zipaligned when you install this which means first boot is quick and you can start using it at once.

It's using LCD density 120 which is the default for 240x320 Android devices but the original build is designed for 320x480 at density 160 so some adjustments had to be done.

No many bells & whistles... just a plain Cyanogenmod-5 based Eclair build. Add your own choice of "bells & whistles" from the Market (or other sources).

Some screens of how it can look, depending on how you set it up and what you install:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Install
    - Get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-08-19/VaniljEclair_RLS11.zip/download
    - Install as usual, NAND or SD, whatever suits you.
    - Boot and use it. No need to wait a magic period of time. Everything is zipaligned and odexed allready.

Post installation configuration scripts (run them without parameters to get valid options)
    - wifi_level.sh
    - lcd_density.sh
    - default_network.sh
    - hsxpa.sh
    - gprsclass.sh
    - bootanim.sh
    - wifi_scan_interval.sh
    Run them as root (type su before running them)

Known issues
    - BT works for phonecalls but not for listening to music (same for all Eclair builds)
    - Video playback

Changes in RLS11
    - Removed busybox and symlinks that wasn't used.
    - Some script changes
    - Added relocate_apps.sh and initrd.gz that supports it (see this thread for more info)
    - Put back som iptables commands in wireless_tethering_2.02.apk that was previously removed due to lack of support in kernel.
    - Added missing netfilter/iptables modules to the kernel and also one module that I believe will make Droidwall work.
    IMPORTANT! To use wireless tethering and/or the apps relocation you must flash one of the new NBH's (attached). HaRET users, just use the included kernel and initrd.gz.

Changes in RLS10b
    - Has the latest libhtcgeneric-ril.so where 3G/2G switching works much better.
    - Updated default_network.sh so that it updates build.prop AND changes network mode in realtime (no need to reboot).
    - Added bootanim.sh that can be used to easily enable/disable the bootanimation (speeds up booting with about 15-20 seconds)
    - Updated userinit.sh (due to changes in default_network.sh)

Attached files for RLS10
    - A better version of libhtcgeneric-ril.so where "Use only 2G networks" works much better.

Changes in RLS10
    - SIM pincode support
    - Cell tower location support (Kaiser/Polaris)
    - Decreased height of Android keyboard slightly
    - Support for "Use 2G networks only" (Kaiser/Polaris)
    - Adjusted default_network.sh script so that is also used to set default network at boot time (Kaiser/Polaris)
    - Replaced bluetooth firmwares and loading method with the ones used by dzo in Fresh Froyo.
    - Added wifi_scan_interval.sh script to easily change this value in build.prop

Attached updates for RLS9
    New libhtcgeneric-ril.so with
    - cell tower location working (on Kaiser/Polaris)
    - SIM pincode support (not tested on Vogue)
    - "Use only 2G networks" now works
    The "gsm_only_at_boot" update has a modified userinit.sh (and the new libhtcgeneric-ril.so) that has a little hack to force GSM only at boot time. Without it it always defaults to WCDMA(3G) preferred at boot. Choose this update if you want GSM only be default. If not, choose the other one.

Changed in RLS9
    - Removed LatinIME.apk and VoiceSearch.apk and replaced them with VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk

Changed in RLS8b (RLS8 to RLS8b update attached)
    - Fix for the wifi tethering
    - Included urban69's fix-tether.sh script. It's not needed now, but may be useful for future versions of the Wireless tethering app.

Changed in RLS8
    - New compcache modules (needs a recent kernel as they expect support in the kernel). Compcache also enables after a 120 second delay just like in the recent Froyo releases to avoid SD-card issues.
    - Updated camera libs which makes the build support Froyo kernels (11Mb extra memory) (Thansk dlepage for the work with the Eclair camera lib)
    - Superuser permissions app now works as it should (thanks urban69)
    - Wifi calibration is now saved on /data instead of /sdcard so sdcard does not need to be present for Wifi to work. (another nice idea from urban69)
    - Slightly modified Wireless tethering app included (modifed to read calibration data from /data/calibration instead of /proc/calibration (thanks to urban69 for figuring out what needed to be done to get this one working on our devices)
    - Added HTC_IME touch input. (as there was just enough space left in the build)

Changed in RLS7c
    - see below. Just made a new complete archive with the safer scripts.

Post RLS7b updates (attached)
    - Some changes to the scripts that changes build.prop (default_network.sh, hsxpa.sh, gprsclass.sh and lcd_density.sh) as I noticed they totally wiped build.prop when used on Froyo. Haven't seen that happen on Eclair but just be sure, apply this update if you plan to use any of these scripts.

Changed in RLS7b
    - Replaced camera libs with the working one. If you are running RLS7, no need to reinstall, just use the CameraUpdate.zip.

Post RLS7 updates
    - 2010-06-30 - CameraUpdate.zip(attached) - New version of the camera libs.

Changed in RLS7
    - Changed Wifi power mode from high to medium.
    - Added scripts to change wifi power level, default_network, hsxpa, gprsclass and lcd_density.
    - Tweaked odex script to handle upgrades and uninstalls.
    - More QVGA adjustments to Phone.apk
    - Removed the outdated Google Maps.
    - Updated camera lib to latest version.
    - New zImage for HaRET users (fixes BT phone calls on Kaiser which has been broken since the 2010-06-23 kernel).
    - VoiceSearchWithKeyboard attached as an update (pre-odex:ed and zipaligned)

Changed in RLS6
    - Garbled text bug fixed thanks to yath2r.
    - Camera now works thanks to dlepage.
    - Did my own QVGA adjustment of Contacts.apk (Dialer)
    - QVGA adjusted Phone.apk (in call keypads)
    - QVGA adjusted DeskClock.apk (Clock app)
    - Autodetects device and sets up the correct model name so Polaris users should see "Welcome to HTC Polaris" and so on.
    - Added (disabled by default) renice service (/system/bin/renice.sh) and printprio.sh script for advanced users who want to experiment with changing prios. (Not tested)
    - Tweaked LED controller a little.
    - Added HaRET boot environment to make it easier for new users.

Changed in RLS5
    - New base CM 5.0.8DS (See CM changelog for details). Some things you will notice is the new launcher, music player fits better in QVGA and Spare Parts is integrated into Settings.
    - Wallpapers have been resized to QVGA.
    - busybox and toolbox symlinks are setup at first boot.
    - Modem app added.

Changed in RLS4
    - QVGA dialer
    - Wifi & bluetooth LEDs (flashing when turned on)
    - Propably the last release based on CM 5.0.7

Post RLS3b updates (attached)
    - 2010-06-18 Stole some .xml files from Contacts.apk in Polymod 2.1g and made the dialer fit better in 240x320@120dpi (QVGA).

Changed in RLS3b
    - Google sync works again.

Post RLS3 updates (attached)
    - 2010-06-17 RLS3 to RLS3b update. Fixes Google sync issue.

Changed in RLS3
    - Default LCD density changed to 120 (because screen calibration doesn't like 106)
    - Included screen calibration app.
    - Included the original Google Maps that is supposed to go with the build as it nows fit within the system partition.
    - Resized the boot animation from 320x256 to 240x192 so save space and also to make it look like it's intended to do.
    - Compcache can now be enabled/disabled in Spare Parts. Default is to use 25% of the available RAM. Edit /system/bin/compcache.sh to tweak the settings.
    - Odexing of Market apps and the Marketenabler (both disabled by default) can be enabled in /system/bin/userinit.sh
    - Included the patch that was release after RLS2 (BT headset fix, getprop fix and charging LED fix)
    - Propably something else that I've forgotten... EDIT: Just remembered. I've done some tweaking in /system/build.prop so if you have problems with data (non-wifi-data) let me know and I'll make an update.

Post RLS2 updates
    - 2010-06-14: Added /system/bin/getprop to stop Better Terminal from crashing.
    - 2010-06-15: Replaced /system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so to fix charging LED
    - 2010-06-15: Replaced bluetooth firmware to fix bluetooth headset support.

Changed in RLS2
    - Default LCD density changed to 106
    - Full market
    - Odexing of /data/app/*.apk disabled by default to avoid problems when upgrading apps.

For advanced users
    - To enable automatic odexing of Market apps edit /system/bin/userinit.sh. Upgraded apps will be odexed upon next restart. Uninstalled apps will have their .odex files deleted upon restart.

- To enable paid apps script (marketenable.sh) edit /system/bin/userinit.sh. Be aware that it may hide your APN settings but they will still work. If you only need paid apps temporarily, start a terminal and start marketenable.sh (as root) before starting the Market.

- To change the default Compcache settings edit /system/bin/compcache.sh. You will need to restart the phone for it to take effect as unloading the kernel mods does not work and it will therefor keep the old settings even if you turn compcache off and on again. Learn about Compcache here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Compcache

Recommended apps
    From Market
    - Dialer One - Spell name and it filters your phone book, loads quicker that contacts.apk IMHO. Uncheck "Show titlebar" for extra space and "Vibrate" for extra speed. Use "Wallpaper" theme for nice looks.
    - Launcher Pro - really nice launcher, highly recommended. Do check it's preferences. Lot's of nice features to try.
    - RogueTools - for LCD density tweaking (and overclocking but I found very little advantage of overclocking)
    - Astro File Manager - to easily install apps from SD card.
    - Opera Mini - a nice browser
    - XDA forum app - a must have...
    - GPS Test (Chartcross inc) - well... for testing the GPS.
    Not found in Market (asfaik)
    - Modified Google Maps by Brut.all - international navigation and some other stuff (that I haven't tried)
    - Weather Widgets (yr.no) - nice flipclock and weather forecast widget/app

Attached files (place on SD card and install with Astro File Manager)
    - Corporate Calender 1.0.6
    - Gallery3D - Kind of cool but not sure how stable it is on our devices.

All your cash are belong to us...
    Hello,

I had some corruption problems with scoot cyanogen, like corrupted data and data loss. This one have the same problem?
    How to nand

ir i am new here i am running win-6.5 in kaiser tytn ii and i want to know how to flash this Eclair build. android rom to my device plz help thanx in advance
    hard spl 1.34 done

You download the eclair build in the first topic.
    If you use Touch Cruise Download the Pola.nbh then copy it to the same directory with the Custom Rom Update Utility.exe ( In remove other .nbh file if exist)
    1/ Make andboot directory in root of your sd card
    2/ Copy andinstall.tgz to andboot directory then put the card to your phone
    3/Make your phone to bootloader ( turn off the phone --->hold camera button then press power button keep holding camera button)
    3/Run CRUU then do as direct. (To flash the nbh file to your phone)
    4/After complete the phone reboot. Hold the volume up button until show the ok button on the screen.
    5/ Choose install sys on nand, data on nand --> install system and wait until it return this screen
    6/Choose fix permission
    7/ Choose bakup ( you can skip this step)
    8/ Then choose quit and wait
    Sorry For My English . I'm A Vietnamese.

First, my i advise you to try a Froyo version (2.2) before judging android on kaiser ?

Now, on to your problems:

- I think you got the wrong panel type. Try the other ones. Also, with a-tools, use our Kaiser's native resolution.

- Reboot isn't working yet. :)