SE HBH-IS800 Bluetooth headset...FREEZED!

Search This thread

asci

Aug 9, 2004
Troia
www.cibellieguadagno.it
Hi all,
it's the second time I ran in this problem:
all of sudden my HBH-IS800, full charged and paired to my HD, got freezed.
I found it with white light on, the one near the BT receiver, and there was no way to turn it off or restart it, completely freezed. The only way to have it work back was to connect it to the charger. After this input, it started to work again.
What could be related to this problem???

Last edited:

asci

Aug 9, 2004
Troia
www.cibellieguadagno.it
I bought it on Expansys. Please can someone confirm that on Action key there is any SonyEricsson logo as reported on official image? Mine has no logo.

se_is800_1.jpg

I read about the possibility to buy fake SE product which suffer of the problem i described in previous post.

Petee

Jan 7, 2009
London
Mine doesn't have the logo

I bought mine from mobilefun.co.uk, and it doesn't have the logo either.

I'm confident that it's not a fake (the fact that it's such a small BT headset and obviously so technically advanced would make it very difficult to fake so quickly)

I haven't had the freeze error that you describe, so I can't help, but I am very pleased with the headset - quality is much better than I thought would be possible from a BT headset (as long as you remember t disable hands-free in the options)

Good luck
Pete

fasty

May 25, 2007
Portsmouth
I bought some from the Sony Ericsson flagship store (aka Carphone Warehouse) in London. They worked OK but I didn't realise at first that there should have been spare earbuds in the box, which were missing. (The box had been slightly broken open.)
Because they did not have replacement stock when I returned, I insisted on a refund (this was extremely hard work to obtain).

I bought a replacement from mobilefun.co.uk. These also work fine and thankfully came with the full compliment of accessories.

Neither headset had the Sony Ericsson printing on the "microphone bulge" like your photo, and neither exhibited any freezing. I'm certain they are genuine.

Difficult to say whether yours is definitely a headset fault or the phone. Have you had a chance to try any other bluetooth headsets?

- Steve

Gatecra5her

Feb 3, 2009
Can i just ask how you got your refund? When i ask and i'm given a no, I don't know what to say from there!

fasty

May 25, 2007
Portsmouth
The question of refunds on the headset is a tricky one.
To be fair to the seller, they mentioned at the point of sale that they did not refund headsets unless they were faulty, for hygeine reasons. Fair enough.
But in my case, the "package" was indeed faulty; parts were missing.
Of course I could not actually prove that. I could merely show them the slightly damaged box.
No store manager was not present when I visited, and the salesman was polite and fairly sympathetic, but explained that he could not refund the headset without his manager's authority. He phoned the manager, who outright said "no".
I was well aware of my legal rights in this case, so I told the salesman that I was entitled to a refund and would, if necessary, refer the store to trading standards or take further action to get it. I appreciate the salesman was now in an awkward situation. Eventually he suggested that I call their head office directly, and kindly offered use of their landline for me to do that. I asked for their customer relations department, and after explaining the situation, authorisation for the refund was eventually given from them.

supasye

Dec 11, 2008
i wonder if there is anyone who hasnt had a bad experience with carphone warehouse... :/

p_hsieh

Dec 8, 2005
Hi all,
I found it with white light on, the one near the BT receiver, and there was no way to turn it off or restart it, completely freezed. The only way to have it work back was to connect it to the charger. After this input, it started to work again.

To revive this thread. I've had mine for 2 months, and the above described problem happened to me twice. Just for the record.

neptune

May 25, 2006
London
just got one of these on order...haven't heard much about this freezing issue, I imagine it is not a problem effecting all models based on the lack of results on the internet.

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
Guys im planing on buying that headset!
But a friend of mine with an iphone clames that it only works with Sony E phone propebly!
That it works with his iphone but he cant reduce tha volume or change it!

So dose it work good with the HD2 ?

Vin87

Jul 4, 2007
Guys im planing on buying that headset!
But a friend of mine with an iphone clames that it only works with Sony E phone propebly!
That it works with his iphone but he cant reduce tha volume or change it!

So dose it work good with the HD2 ?

It works with the HD, I've used it for some while. You can reduce the volume by using the volume keys on the HD.

infreeze

Aug 26, 2010
Hi all,

weird i just bhought mine is800 4 days ago..i cant start that thing anymore...its charged to max..green light is on...

neptune

May 25, 2006
London
by any chance does anyone know where you can get replacement earpiece for this set. the regular sony earpiece doesn't fit these headsets

Realq86

Dec 1, 2008
Also have the freeze problem with the light on.

Hi,

Very late to the game but brought these 3 years ago and really only used it hard in the last 6 mo.

I also have the freeze problem on the HBH-IS800 with SE Xperia X1i on a cooked Touch-it ROM off xda-developers.com. This happens every other day, and seems to always happen after finishing a call. This seems to be triggered by a certain combination of them hanging up, me hanging up, hang up via the phone, or hang up via the action button. However I can't reproduce it at will.

I will try to turn off "hands free" in the option suggested above to see if it'll get better.

In the mean time this freeze problem is only documented here and reviews on Amazon doesn't have anyone complaining about this. I love my ROM and thank the one who cooked it but may I suggest possibility of the problem being in the HTC cooked ROMs?