is there temproot method for sunhine s-off?

Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
No, you have to unlock and root first and then get S-OFF and then you can set it back to locked. All HTC will know is you got the code, not that you ever used it ;)

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
People are saying TowelRoot v3 works with the Mini 2 so might be worth trying it with the M8...you never know

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
WeakSauce will work on Verizon m8

TowelRoot v3 should work on the others

SunShine will both unlock and s-off

Weaksauce does not work for me, thanks

Nope, doesn't work on HTC phones

Wouldn't towelroot work?

I thought Sunshine both unlocks and gives S-OFF, at least that's the impression you get when you look at the main OP.

as stated by @jcase
:confused::confused:

[Android][HTC S-OFF] SunShine for modern HTC devices

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
TowelRoot temp root works, but sunshine says it cannot find the su binary. Towelroot perm root is not working. My phone is completely stock m8 ul.

I was out of town when he released the official v3 build, I had to tweak SunShine some but it works with TowelRoot v3 now. Instructions are on our site

http://theroot.ninja/

cfhuk

Feb 24, 2011
Bolton
I'm giving Sunshine a go now. Firewater didn't work. If it works your welcome to my $25/£13 :D

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Jcase, you are a God amongst men. I had tried for 4 hours to get Firewater to work and Sunshine managed it in 20 seconds with a single reboot and even politely uninstalled itself at the end. You are very welcome to my $25. Enjoy it.

RENEGAD3

Feb 12, 2012
North East, UK
Towelroot v3 didnt work for me either. on the apk it states if the phone reboots towelroot failed. my phone didnt reboot and appeared to have worked but supersu didnt work. i couldnt grant root access to anything, including sunshine.......

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
Towelroot v3 didnt work for me either. on the apk it states if the phone reboots towelroot failed. my phone didnt reboot and appeared to have worked but supersu didnt work. i couldnt grant root access to anything, including sunshine.......

Did you follow the instructions on the Sunshine website, specifically written for Towelroot v3?

RENEGAD3

Feb 12, 2012
North East, UK
Did you follow the instructions on the Sunshine website, specifically written for Towelroot v3?

I should have been more specific sorry. yes i did and when opening supersu it asks how i want to update the binarys "normal" or "twrp cwm" i choose normal as i dont have a custom recovery installed then i get a quick flash of a message all i can make out is installation failed then it reboots.... when i dont open supersu and just open sunshine. the popup asks for root access which i grant and then i have a blue screen for a long time. i was sat 5 mins before watching the blue screen lol

Last edited:

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
I should have been more specific sorry. yes i did and when opening supersu it asks how i want to update the binarys "normal" or "twrp cwm" i choose normal as i dont have a custom recovery installed then i get a quick flash of a message all i can make out is installation failed then it reboots.... when i dont open supersu and just open sunshine. the popup asks for root access which i grant and then i have a blue screen for a long time. i was sat 5 mins before watching the blue screen lol

Sorry mate, I can't help any further, I unlocked via HTCDev and got S-Off via firewater and have limited experience with anything else!

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA

The instructions on the SunShine site do not mention installing the SuperSu app.Uninstall the app, then follow instructions. After you are s-off or unlocked, then install a custom recovery, and flash su properly.

The TowelRoot method is not ideal for long term use, but works for our purposes just fine.

RENEGAD3

Feb 12, 2012
North East, UK
The instructions on the SunShine site do not mention installing the SuperSu app.Uninstall the app, then follow instructions. After you are s-off or unlocked, then install a custom recovery, and flash su properly.

The TowelRoot method is not ideal for long term use, but works for our purposes just fine.

It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?

Top Liked Posts