[Q] Stock android problem with music

Search This thread

adamrouse123

Sep 16, 2013
HI guys, I've got a real head scratcher and for the first time in every aspect of my life a Google search hasn't come through for me.

Background: Completely stock Nexus 4 - 4.4.3
Completely stock Nexus 7 - 4.4.2
No task or app killers

Problem: Out of no where when swiping away any music player (Google Play Music, Shuttle+, Wiizm etc) the music is killed!? The phone seems to be preventing the app from running in the background. I can hit the menu hot key and open other apps and music will play fine, it just won't continue playback if app is swiped.

I've also noticed I no longer get any form of mini player in the notification pull down or notification (headphones, play symbol etc) in the status bar if I have music playing unless I swipe the app but by which time the music has been killed!

What I've tried: Numerous searches, factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, cache and data clearing and even a different user account.

I could completely understand that something could corrupt or I could possibly hit a setting I've never seen before causing this to happen but surely a factory reset would resolve it? To add insult to injury my Nexus 7 has gone exactly the same way with the same symptoms. I don't even have the same music players on the individual device so I can't blame it on one particular app.

It driving me insane! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-12-20-27-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-12-20-27-29.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2014-06-12-20-27-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-12-20-27-47.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 11

Daredeshouka

Dec 11, 2013
I experienced the second part of your problem, GPM no longer was in my notification bar+shade. Searched everywhere and your post was the only one I could find related to my problem. Curiously I checked the app under >Settings>Applications>Google Play Music and noticed that the notifications check box was not checked so I checked it and now everything is back to normal. Really can't remember if I turned it off myself or if upgrading to 4.4.3 had something to do with it.

I've also noticed I no longer get any form of mini player in the notification pull down or notification (headphones, play symbol etc) in the status bar if I have music playing unless I swipe the app but by which time the music has been killed!

What I've tried: Numerous searches, factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, cache and data clearing and even a different user account.

I could completely understand that something could corrupt or I could possibly hit a setting I've never seen before causing this to happen but surely a factory reset would resolve it? To add insult to injury my Nexus 7 has gone exactly the same way with the same symptoms. I don't even have the same music players on the individual device so I can't blame it on one particular app.

It driving me insane! Does anyone have any suggestions?